Gerald Wallace hospitalized

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Rallyks
Bench Warmer
And1: 60

Re: Gerald Wallace hospitalized 

Post#141 » by Rallyks » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:45 pm

my fantasy team has already been ravaged by injuries and now wallace and bynum are gonna be out... terrific...
civic10sec
Junior
And1: 0

Post#142 » by civic10sec » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:48 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:I'm in total agreement with one game and a modest fine. Lay down the law, tell him not get in the habit, and move on. Simple.

If the league wanted to lay down the law where was the suspension for Shaq when he fouled Rodney Stucky? Sounds like this law you speak of is going to be inconsistent.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,113

Post#143 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:55 pm

That's a great point. Even though Shaq was making much more of a play on the ball than Andrew did, that was a pretty horrendous foul.

Consistency hasn't been the NBA's strong point, unfortunately. But multiple wrongs don't make a right. Andrew delievered a blow, somebody was pretty seriously hurt, consequences are in order.
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#144 » by doc.end » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:56 pm

civic10sec wrote:
doc.end wrote:Is LA the only place on Earth or what? Since when?

What are you 10 ?

Did you really miss that simple point? I'll say it again if you really care for Wallace why aren't you in L.A right now? Hell why don't you call the hospital? All your doing is posting. Which is fine! But don't act like you care for the guy because you don't. You care more about punishment.
i won't react to you anymore. At first do you know where I am? Again why someone has to be in LA to be allowed to argument? Why should one fly from Europe to LA to prove he cares? Left everything and get on plane. Priceless. I care about Gerald and I care about Bynum suspension too, what is not understandable. Oh, sorry, Lakers fans class, i forgot...
TheBigThree
Starter
And1: 124

Post#145 » by TheBigThree » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:59 pm

civic10sec wrote:
TheBigThree wrote:Collapsed lungs are no fun at all. Luckily the surgery to fix it up is fairly straightforward.

Being released tomorrow so I don't think he needs surgery.
To my knowledge, there isn't any way to fix a collapsed lung without surgery. Generally just involves sticking a tube into the lung cavity and sucking out all the air gathered there. Certainly not a long procedure, 1-2 days max sounds about right.
LAballin
Freshman

Post#146 » by LAballin » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:00 pm

He looked like he wanted to wrap his arms around him so Wallace wouldnt get an easy layup or dunk, but he grabbed him in an awkward way.
civic10sec
Junior

Post#147 » by civic10sec » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:10 pm

doc.end wrote:Did you really miss that simple point? I'll say it again if you really care for Wallace why aren't you in L.A right now? Hell why don't you call the hospital? All your doing is posting. Which is fine! But don't act like you care for the guy because you don't. You care more about punishment.i won't react to you anymore. At first do you know where I am? Again why someone has to be in LA to be allowed to argument? Why should one fly from Europe to LA to prove he cares? Left everything and get on plane. Priceless. I care about Gerald and I care about Bynum suspension too, what is not understandable. Oh, sorry, Lakers fans class, i forgot...

You just don't get it.

You don't care about Wallace's injury, you care more about the outcome of Andrew's punishment. I said if someone cared about Wallace they would have at least called the hospital. Did you do that? You could have left a message with a nurse. How hard is that? A person who really cared about the guy would have put a call in. The fact that you haven't even placed a call shows that you don't really care. Action speaks louder than words. Saying you care isn't the same than showing that you care. Hell in this topic you cared more about Andrew's punishment than Wallace. I hope this time you understand what I'm saying. FYI Keep your emotions to yourself and don't let label Laker fans.
Kyrama
RealGM
And1: 649

Post#148 » by Kyrama » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:12 pm

Imagine if Dwight Howard did that to Kobe. Lakers fans would be calling for his head.
civic10sec
Junior

Post#149 » by civic10sec » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:16 pm

Kyrama wrote:Imagine if Dwight Howard did that to Kobe. Lakers fans would be calling for his head.

Imagine if Dwight did that to Tim Duncan. Spurs fans would be calling for his head.

I could post crap too.
Kyrama
RealGM

Post#150 » by Kyrama » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:26 pm

Quite creative. Your reading comprehension could use some polishing but I see plenty of potential. B-

Now where do the Lakers and/or Bobcats play into your statement? The point I was making was that some Lakers fans are here coveting their star player while being quick to dismiss Bynum's acts as malicious. Furthermore, I'm suggesting to look at the situation from Charlotte's point-of-view. What was your point?
BubbaTee
Head Coach
And1: 546

Post#151 » by BubbaTee » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:27 pm

TommyTheCat wrote:
G35 wrote:We should bookmark this for when people say the league has gone soft and the 80's and 90's were when real men played basketball and not protected by the ref's......

actually this thread and many of the posts back up the notion that the league is soft. in the 80s a play like this was a common occurrence and fans new it. players were much more guarded when attacking the basket because the big men were taught to give no easy lay ups or dunks. i think bynum's foul was hard and as others stated, meant to send a message. i wonder if bynum's mindset might be learned from his training with kaj.

i wouldn't doubt that bynum draws a suspension but he definitely wouldn't have in the 80s.

hopefully wallace will be ok

The 80s were soft. In Kermit Washington's day guys got their faces caved in.
But they were soft too, because before that guys used to play in wire mesh and rope cages.
But they were soft too, because back when the Aztecs were playing tlachtli the losers were sacrificed.

So the Lakers lost last night but no one beheaded Pau Gasol or disembowled Kobe. How soft.
RealSuperfan
Senior
And1: 12

Post#152 » by RealSuperfan » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:30 pm

civic10sec wrote:
doc.end wrote:Did you really miss that simple point? I'll say it again if you really care for Wallace why aren't you in L.A right now? Hell why don't you call the hospital? All your doing is posting. Which is fine! But don't act like you care for the guy because you don't. You care more about punishment.i won't react to you anymore. At first do you know where I am? Again why someone has to be in LA to be allowed to argument? Why should one fly from Europe to LA to prove he cares? Left everything and get on plane. Priceless. I care about Gerald and I care about Bynum suspension too, what is not understandable. Oh, sorry, Lakers fans class, i forgot...

You just don't get it.

You don't care about Wallace's injury, you care more about the outcome of Andrew's punishment. I said if someone cared about Wallace they would have at least called the hospital. Did you do that? You could have left a message with a nurse. How hard is that? A person who really cared about the guy would have put a call in. The fact that you haven't even placed a call shows that you don't really care. Action speaks louder than words. Saying you care isn't the same than showing that you care. Hell in this topic you cared more about Andrew's punishment than Wallace. I hope this time you understand what I'm saying. FYI Keep your emotions to yourself and don't let label Laker fans.

LOL @ your argument being that the person above doesn't care because they never phoned the hospital to see if Gerald's okay. HAHA.

I understand your point of the person caring more about the punishment than the actual injury, but that's ridiculous to say a fan doesn't care because they haven't called or gone to the hospital to check on the player.
Kyrama
RealGM

Post#153 » by Kyrama » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:32 pm

civic10sec wrote:I said if someone cared about Wallace they would have at least called the hospital. Did you do that? You could have left a message with a nurse. How hard is that? A person who really cared about the guy would have put a call in. The fact that you haven't even placed a call shows that you don't really care. Action speaks louder than words. Saying you care isn't the same than showing that you care..

Let's look at two concepts here:

1) A fan of a team has at least some interest in the well-being of the players. Would we agree?

2) According to you, the best way to show you care about said player is to contact the hospital.

Would it be safe to assume you're a Laker fan? And if so, has Kobe returned any of your phonecalls following his surgery yet?
sarah42
Starter
And1: 2

Post#154 » by sarah42 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:43 pm

Kyrama wrote:
civic10sec wrote:I said if someone cared about Wallace they would have at least called the hospital. Did you do that? You could have left a message with a nurse. How hard is that? A person who really cared about the guy would have put a call in. The fact that you haven't even placed a call shows that you don't really care. Action speaks louder than words. Saying you care isn't the same than showing that you care..

1) A fan of a team has at least some interest in the well-being of the players. Would we agree?

2) According to you, the best way to show you care about said player is to contact the hospital.

Would it be safe to assume you're a Laker fan? And if so, has Kobe returned any of your phonecalls following his surgery yet?

lol. i can't even believe you took the time to respond in such a nice manner. i would have just called him a stalker for believing you can call your favorite player at the drop of a hat.

before you said something about bynum's actions being malicious right? do you really think so?

as i was watching live, it just looked like a hard bump. i don't think it was malicious. but i do disagree with people believing that he won't get punished in some form.

btw, i don't think kobe has had surgery yet on his fingers. so how can that very smart dude call him?
inmate347 wrote:
BTW, I still maintain that the 1984 Denver Broncos are Lebron's father
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#155 » by LLcoleJ » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:44 pm

It was an unnecessary play by Bynum. He obviously didn't need to check him like that. However, I was screaming for someone to rotate over to Wallace as he was driving the lane. Bynum just went about it all wrong. It was unintentional but had terrible consequences.
Also, if you see on the play, he was elbowed in the upper ribcage and then wallace fell on his elbow that bounced off the floor further impacting that rib area. It made me cringe.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
BubbaTee
Head Coach
And1: 546

Post#156 » by BubbaTee » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:47 pm

civic10sec wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:I'm in total agreement with one game and a modest fine. Lay down the law, tell him not get in the habit, and move on. Simple.

If the league wanted to lay down the law where was the suspension for Shaq when he fouled Rodney Stucky? Sounds like this law you speak of is going to be inconsistent.

Shaq was ejected from that game, which was still in the first half at the time.

Bynum wasn't ejected from last night's game.

If you want consistency, Bynum should be suspended for at least half a game. However, since there are no half-game suspensions, he should be suspended for a game.
Kyrama
RealGM

Post#157 » by Kyrama » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:48 pm

sarah42 wrote:btw, i don't think kobe has had surgery yet on his fingers. so how can that very smart dude call him?

Knee surgery a while back. Kobe is probably still in his hospital bed waiting.
civic10sec
Junior

Post#158 » by civic10sec » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:50 pm

RealSuperfan wrote:LOL @ your argument being that the person above doesn't care because they never phoned the hospital to see if Gerald's okay. HAHA.

I understand your point of the person caring more about the punishment than the actual injury, but that's ridiculous to say a fan doesn't care because they haven't called or gone to the hospital to check on the player.

Like I said if you REALLY cared you would have at least put in a call. Actions speak louder than words right? You would call/go to the hospital if your mom was sick correct? That's because you care for her.

My point is if you cared you would taken more of action, rather than going on a message board and saying that you care.

What makes you think I cared? I hoped he will be fine. But I didn't sit there on message board talking about how and who I cared for.
civic10sec
Junior

Post#159 » by civic10sec » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:54 pm

sarah42 wrote:lol. i can't even believe you took the time to respond in such a nice manner. i would have just called him a stalker for believing you can call your favorite player at the drop of a hat.

Wait stalker, I hope you know that E.R department answers phones and forwards massages. Obviously your not going to talk to the player. But if you cared you would have sent a message, telling everyone on a message board that you care doesn't count.

BubbaTee wrote:
civic10sec wrote:

Shaq was ejected from that game, which was still in the first half at the time.

Bynum wasn't ejected from last night's game.

If you want consistency, Bynum should be suspended for at least half a game. However, since there are no half-game suspensions, he should be suspended for a game.

So when would Shaq serve the rest of the suspension?
HuggyBear1688
Freshman

Post#160 » by HuggyBear1688 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:00 pm

Civic, just quit posting because you make yourself to look like a huge idiot, your last five posts have been the same exact thing every post, 1 time is enough, NO, you do not have to visit the hospital or call a hospital to care about the well-being of a player injured the way he was, intentional or not, it was dirty as dirty can get, and he should be punished by the league for his stupid actions, that caused serious injuries to a player, That's all fans are saying. not ban him from the league or anything big, just a simple 1 or 2 game ban so he can think about what he did and hopefully never make another stupid bonehead play, Now quit posting idoit, Im sure if your boyfriend Kobe Bryant was injured in a similar fashion you would be calling for the same actions, No way in Hades youd be on here saying, "Oh it was a dirty play yada yada but he shouldnt be suspended or anything I'm just going to the hospital to check and make sure he's OK"

Return to The General Board