Gerald Wallace hospitalized

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

sarah42
Starter
And1: 2

Re: Gerald Wallace hospitalized 

Post#161 » by sarah42 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:01 pm

why don't you get the number of the hospital he is staying at?

delusional much?
inmate347 wrote:
BTW, I still maintain that the 1984 Denver Broncos are Lebron's father
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#162 » by TonyMontana » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:04 pm

sarah42 wrote: fuel to what fire? i don't start threads for starters. i was responding to a Celtic fan who was originally responding to a laker fan, that felt that they were all being hated on.

i don't see the problem in that. you don't think that you are a victim of hate, but another laker fan did claim that. the other poster and I both responded to it.

Well you came here and your post seemed like you were baiting or trying to fireup all the Laker haters on here, which doesnt really take much to get them going.
And like I said Im a Laker fan, and I could careless what anyone thinks of US Laker fans, just like Im sure you could careless what anyone thinks of Cs or your fans.
sarah42 wrote:
lol, you just defended me a celtics fan, with a little something on the side for toronto, and you are a laker fan no? i'm a female btw.

I defended you because of your belief in good things and hopefully in God, I defended you because no matter what color religion or your ethnicity you have faith in a higher power.
Myself Im a Christian, so by your kind jesture your were attacked by someone who disagreed with you for his own reasons, but he had no right to because all you were doing was being kind and sincere.......... Also I speak the truth and stand for whats right, I dont see you as a Cs or a Heat fan if someone is wrong, I see you as an individual person, nothing more nothing less.
And I do apoliogize as far as the gender mixup, I thought you were a Sarah Palin fan and I guess I misunderstood you gender so again I apologize..

sarah42 wrote:the world is coming to an end. lol. i don't get what that guy's problem is. i can't even remember the last time i've gone to any kind of religious building, let alone push a religion.

Ya well you cant expect everybody to have faith and as far as this guy, let it go, you didnt do anything wrong and you didnt push anything on him.... So I wouldnt even bother with his ignorance.
Anyhow........ take it from me...... and God Bless, My prayers are with G.W and I hope he does recover and gets back in the game.
civic10sec
Junior
And1: 0

Post#163 » by civic10sec » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:05 pm

HuggyBear1688 wrote:Civic, just quit posting because you make yourself to look like a huge idiot, your last five posts have been the same exact thing every post, 1 time is enough, NO, you do not have to visit the hospital or call a hospital to care about the well-being of a player injured the way he was, intentional or not, it was dirty as dirty can get, and he should be punished by the league for his stupid actions, that caused serious injuries to a player, That's all fans are saying. not ban him from the league or anything big, just a simple 1 or 2 game ban so he can think about what he did and hopefully never make another stupid bonehead play, Now quit posting idoit, Im sure if your boyfriend Kobe Bryant was injured in a similar fashion you would be calling for the same actions, No way in Hades youd be on here saying, "Oh it was a dirty play yada yada but he shouldnt be suspended or anything I'm just going to the hospital to check and make sure he's OK"

Right you just post on a message board about caring. Hey my mom is the hospital, I care for her, but I'm going to post on a message board about how much I care for her.

sarah42 wrote:why don't you get the number of the hospital he is staying at?

delusional much?

Hospital's name is on article.
HuggyBear1688
Freshman

Post#164 » by HuggyBear1688 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:12 pm

Civic, what the hell are you on here doing, obviously not chatting about basketball, your on here bashing other teams fans because they don't care about a player's well being because they didnt call or visit the hospital he was at, Kid, just get off the internet and do your homework if you actually think you sound reasonable and right for what you keep saying, You are just a loser bandwagon fan not wanting to see one your your top players be suspended and coming on here bashing the opposing teams fans because they are calling for a punishment for an heinous action, your just sad
civic10sec
Junior

Post#165 » by civic10sec » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:16 pm

Kyrama wrote:Quite creative. Your reading comprehension could use some polishing but I see plenty of potential. B-

Just a higher than yours I see.

Now where do the Lakers and/or Bobcats play into your statement? The point I was making was that some Lakers fans are here coveting their star player while being quick to dismiss Bynum's acts as malicious. Furthermore, I'm suggesting to look at the situation from Charlotte's point-of-view. What was your point?[/quote]

My point the same as yours. What if Dwight did that to Timmy? Seems like your trying to label all Laker fans. FYI I didn't dismiss Andrew's actions.
civic10sec
Junior

Post#166 » by civic10sec » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:21 pm

HuggyBear1688 wrote:Civic, what the hell are you on here doing, obviously not chatting about basketball, your on here bashing other teams fans because they don't care about a player's well being because they didnt call or visit the hospital he was at, Kid, just get off the internet and do your homework if you actually think you sound reasonable and right for what you keep saying, You are just a loser bandwagon fan not wanting to see one your your top players be suspended and coming on here bashing the opposing teams fans because they are calling for a punishment for an heinous action, your just sad

Personal acts? And name calling? Little boy time for you to go to bed. I'm a bandwagon fan now because I have a different opinion than yours? Wow your really smart. I'm a loser? How much money do you make a year on your allowance kido? Making money for sucking your dad's you know what doesn't count.

FYI I didn't call out fans, and I didn't say that Andrew shouldn't be suspend. Some people went overboard with the foul. And you calling it a heinous action just furthers my point. Keep your emotions to yourself.
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 562

Post#167 » by Walt Cronkite » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:41 pm

civic10sec wrote:Personal acts? And name calling? Little boy time for you to go to bed. I'm a bandwagon fan now because I have a different opinion than yours? Wow your really smart. I'm a loser? How much money do you make a year on your allowance kido? Making money for sucking your dad's you know what doesn't count.

FYI I didn't call out fans, and I didn't say that Andrew shouldn't be suspend. Some people went overboard with the foul. And you calling it a heinous action just furthers my point. Keep your emotions to yourself.

I'm not sure Bynum's the only person in this thread deserving of a suspension [/backseat moderating]
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,467

Post#168 » by Blame Rasho » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:42 pm

It is unfortunate but I don't think it was a dirty play. Sometimes accidents happen.
Bruh Man
Analyst
And1: 743

Post#169 » by Bruh Man » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:44 pm

if wallace had not gotten injured people would not be talking about this........it was unfortunate and I highly doubt bynum had any intent of harming him.
Malapropism
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,417

Post#170 » by Malapropism » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:46 pm

Purple 'n Gold wrote:if wallace had not gotten injured people would not be talking about this........it was unfortunate and I highly doubt bynum had any intent of harming him.

This.

Bynum deserved the flagrant (and maybe even a one game suspension), but any person who thinks that a player wanted to intentionally harm another player (Unless it's Artest :) ) should get their head checked. These guys are basketball players, not serial killers.
idrivecars
Ballboy

Post#171 » by idrivecars » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:46 pm

sarah42 wrote:

If you wish that Wallace would have a speedy recovery, go ahead and say so. Don't go around asking people to pray for him.

I don't have anything else to say to you because I could hardly understand what you are trying to say with your incoherent fragments and run-on sentences.

god you are sad. who says things like "don't go around pushing your religion" and then complains about sentence fragments?

you are on realgm.com. get a clue.

don't pray for Gerald. again, i know your kind. the only thing worse than religious freaks are people who wince at the thought of prayer. praying doesn't go hand in hand with any particular religion.

sentence fragments. pffftttt...again where are you? i didn't realize I was being judged this badly. someone pray for me...oh wait. not in front of this ___________.

I apologize for the initial comment. I probably over-reacted a bit. I also regret ever bringing the topic of religion because thats when everyone's nastiness comes out.
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,726

Post#172 » by infinite11285 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:54 pm

TonyMontana wrote:Man whats wrong with you.
I mean everyone saw the play........ It was stupid by Bynum which he has done it a few times before, but YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY A LAKER BASHER............. But to come on here and post garbage like this is pure pathetic and low class.
Im a Wallace fan and I feel for him and I hope he recovers soon and gets healthy, but dont come on here and insult to injury but lowering yourself as you ALWAYS DO trying to bash this team and its players.
GROW UP.
Look at the clip, Wallace runs in with no remorse and Bynum got there too late, He puts his arms out trying to hold down Wallace and with the rate of Wallaces speed and Bynum getting there too late it resulted in Bynums elbows hitting Wallace in the ribs......
It wasnt intentional.

Take off your purple and gold shades for one second please. It's completely irrelevant to state who likes what team as if that holds any type of weight in this manner. Whether you would like to believe it or not, Gerald Wallace's life is in danger. My father died from a 20% collapsed lung, it's no walk in the park. Luckily his cracked rib didn't puncture his already collapsed lung.

TonyMontana wrote:It was stupid by Bynum which he has done it a few times before

How many times is Bynum going to repeat these stupid acts before he properly punished so these type of things stop happening? Is the league supposed to wait until he ends someone's career or kills someone? He needs to be held accountable for what he has done. What Bynum did was EXTREMELY negligent, and no matter the intentions, there is only one person laying in a hospital bed with a breathing tube down his throat right now. Bynum made no play on the ball and because he was too slow in his rotation, he led with his elbow. I'm not saying Bynum needs to be punished for the consequences that followed, but the injuries resulting from the hit need to be in mind to some degree before the punishment is handed down.

Bynum wanted to commit a hard foul to stop Gerald from driving into the lane, so the foul was indeed intentional. The injuries that resulted from the foul were not intentional but he should be dealt with accordingly. In no way did I bash the Lakers, I singled out Bynum. No matter what you would like to believe that was a dirty foul. There is a proper way of committing a hard foul to stop a play and that certainly was not it.

I think a two game suspension and a fine would be enough. Let's say worse case scenario, Wallace dies, I'd expect Bynum to resign from the team to prepare for his legal issues from Wallace's family.
some_rand
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#173 » by some_rand » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:55 pm

wallace has had terrible luck in his career.
its not even that hes injury prone although it does have something to do with his style of play
Patterns
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#174 » by Patterns » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:04 pm

The same people who want Bynum suspended are also mostly the people who thinks that the league is soft and should allow more contact.

A flagrant foul is all that is. Lots of people get pushed in the air and that's why they have the flagrant foul. However, what are the chances of a collapsed lung from that? This is like the first one ever.

It is what it is, a flagrant 1 foul. Nothing more, nothing less.

Bynum does not commit these types of fouls on a regular basis. He does it as much as any other player. There is no buts, ifs, whatever. Prove to me that Bynum tries to foul everyone in the air.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#175 » by TonyMontana » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:11 pm

infinite11285 wrote: Bynum wanted to commit a hard foul to stop Gerald from driving into the lane, so the foul was indeed intentional. The injuries that resulted from the foul were not intentional but he should be dealt with accordingly. In no way did I bash the Lakers, I singled out Bynum. No matter what you would like to believe that was a dirty foul. There is a proper way of committing a hard foul to stop a play and that certainly was not it.

Okay ....... I see your point and lets see if you can see mine.

Now everyone is sitting here with mixed feeling and emotions.
True that I am a huge Wallace fan, but I could care less if it was Wallace or billy bob.
An athletes has been injurred in a game, lets jsut look at it this way, or someone has been injured, fair enough for you.
Now it sucks and its sad that this happened, IT DOES, me myself I dont want to see harm done to anyone or anything but it is unfair for everyone who ever it maybe to sit here and falsely accuse of Bynum or anyone else if this happened to somebody in any game to accuse that person that it was intentional or delebrate.
it wasnt if thats the case then what if Morrison who went after Paus head wouldve knocked him out or broke his neck since he did hit him above the neck, SO WHATS the differnce he casue Pau got up and walk away it wasnt intentional but since Wallace is in the hospital then Bynum WAS intentional, come on, give me a break.
This is a professional sport, and unlike Hockey or other sports people dont go after people will bodily injuries INTENTIONALLY.
Raja Bells CHOKE hold was intentional, but you can clearly see what he did, this was just a stupid foul by Bynum, and when I said he has done this before......... Dont twist my words around, PLEASE.
He has comminted this same type of dum foul before but not this bad.
Also you guys are coming at this incident like, the guys commited murder or he permenatly damges Wallaces career, I have had a broke Ribbs before not a punchered lung, but IT HAPPENED.
What next should we hang Bynum or give him 50 lashes, or what?
I mean it happened, it was unintentional. Lets crucefy the poor kid. :lol:
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,726

Post#176 » by infinite11285 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:19 pm

TonyMontana wrote:
infinite11285 wrote: Bynum wanted to commit a hard foul to stop Gerald from driving into the lane, so the foul was indeed intentional. The injuries that resulted from the foul were not intentional but he should be dealt with accordingly. In no way did I bash the Lakers, I singled out Bynum. No matter what you would like to believe that was a dirty foul. There is a proper way of committing a hard foul to stop a play and that certainly was not it.

Okay ....... I see your point and lets see if you can see mine.

then what if Morrison who went after Paus head wouldve knocked him out or broke his neck since he did hit him above the neck, SO WHATS the differnce he casue Pau got up and walk away it wasnt intentional but since Wallace is in the hospital then Bynum WAS intentional, come on, give me a break.
This is a professional sport, and unlike Hockey or other sports people dont go after people will bodily injuries INTENTIONALLY.

I'll repeat what I said. The FOUL was intentional, the resulting injuries were not. It's obvious Bynum intentionally wanted to prevent Wallace from going to the hoop by issuing a hard foul. As I previously stated, there is a right way to commit a hard foul, and a wrong way. Bynum's foul was the wrong way to commit a hard foul.

That Morrison foul was intentional as well and I felt he should of been properly punished also. I'm sure he did not mean to hit Pau above the neck, but the exact opposite happened. I would have ejected Morrison just like I would have ejected Bynum, no matter who walked away and who didn't.
HuggyBear1688
Freshman

Post#177 » by HuggyBear1688 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:30 pm

Walt Cronkite wrote:
civic10sec wrote:Personal acts? And name calling? Little boy time for you to go to bed. I'm a bandwagon fan now because I have a different opinion than yours? Wow your really smart. I'm a loser? How much money do you make a year on your allowance kido? Making money for sucking your dad's you know what doesn't count.

I'm not sure Bynum's the only person in this thread deserving of a suspension [/backseat moderating]

OK Kid, whatever you say dude, I guess I cannot read too as well since all your posts are bashing other posters and your calling them out for not caring about someone cause they don't visit them, whatever you want to come up in your tiny little brain of yours that makes your day keep ticking, yes you are a bandwagon fan because all you seem to care about is keeping bynum on the court for the all mighty lakers by saying the foul was not flagarant and whatever else you keep trying to come up with, your comments are idiotic and your an ever bigger idiot, now good day to you
civic10sec
Junior

Post#178 » by civic10sec » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:36 pm

HuggyBear1688 wrote:OK Kid, whatever you say dude, I guess I cannot read too as well since all your posts are bashing other posters and your calling them out for not caring about someone cause they don't visit them, whatever you want to come up in your tiny little brain of yours that makes your day keep ticking, yes you are a bandwagon fan because all you seem to care about is keeping bynum on the court for the all mighty lakers by saying the foul was not flagarant and whatever else you keep trying to come up with, your comments are idiotic and your an ever bigger idiot, now good day to you

You said you read the post? And yet I'm an idiot. How I'm a bandwagon fan when I have a different opinion? Do you even know what a bandwagon fan is? Jesus Christ. I never said that the foul wasn't a flagarant and I never said anything that said that Andrew shouldn't be suspended. Stop misquoting people.

You just proved that your the idiot.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#179 » by DEEP3CL » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:38 pm

You know what's crazy about all this ? Seems like nobody is calling for Morrison's head for his flagrant foul on Pau and the video clearly shows he went for the head but is there any crying a river and railing for suspensions ? No. Or did anybody see the blind punk ass screen Juwan Howard put on Trevor that gave him a concussion ? Guess not cause I haven't seen one mention of it on any board. Oh yeah I guess that was just a missed call by the ref again huh ?

But sense Pau got up and strolled away it's cool, but Trevor had a concussion and the media left it out of the news like it was nothing.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,164
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#180 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:43 pm

For the guy that asked, no, I wouldn't be crying "intentional" if Chris Paul was hospitalized... I don't want anyone to get hurt, my team or not, that's a childish way of looking at things.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"

Return to The General Board