Gerald Wallace hospitalized

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

nonplayerzealot
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Gerald Wallace hospitalized 

Post#201 » by nonplayerzealot » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:55 pm

Kefa461 wrote:I just knew some ass would drag KG into this......Bynum for one doesn't have tthe balls to cheap KG like that and 2 probably nathing is gonna happen to him for the shot on Wallace. It should but so far not a peep from the League. Not a peep. 8-)

Lol. You gotta be kidding us with that claim about KG. The guy who won't go after anyone his own size (and mostly goes after Euros).

[EDIT: Please get back to the Thread's Topic: Gerald Wallace. Thanks.]
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 228

Post#202 » by sunshinekids99 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:03 pm

nonplayerzealot wrote:
Kefa461 wrote:I just knew some ass would drag KG into this......Bynum for one doesn't have tthe balls to cheap KG like that and 2 probably nathing is gonna happen to him for the shot on Wallace. It should but so far not a peep from the League. Not a peep. 8-)

Lol. You gotta be kidding us with that claim about KG. The guy who won't go after anyone his own size (and mostly goes after Euros).

Is there really a reason to get off topic here, he got after it with Amare as well.

So lets get back to talking about Bynum and Wallace.
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#203 » by 6_Rings » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:07 pm

Kermit Washington was fined $10,000 (in 70's money) and suspended for 25 games, by putting Rudy T in the hospital. Bynum should at least get half of the punishment.
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#204 » by That Nicka » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:24 pm

6_Rings wrote:Kermit Washington was fined $10,000 (in 70's money) and suspended for 25 games, by putting Rudy T in the hospital. Bynum should at least get half of the punishment.

Somehow I think there is a difference between punching someone in the face and committing a hard foul
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#205 » by LLcoleJ » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:26 pm

You can't be serious? You are comparing the kermit incident with this? Do you know what kermit did?
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,115

Post#206 » by Sedale Threatt » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:26 pm

6_Rings wrote:Kermit Washington was fined $10,000 (in 70's money) and suspended for 25 games, by putting Rudy T in the hospital. Bynum should at least get half of the punishment.

Ridiculous.
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#207 » by Kefa461 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:46 pm

That Nicka wrote:^ you work at the official league office?

I might as well

The NBA is reviewing the flagrant foul called against Lakers center Andrew Bynum that landed Charlotte Bobcats forward Gerald Wallace in the hospital to determine if any disciplinary action should be taken. But league officials said Wednesday that it's common practice for the NBA to review flagrant fouls. Los Angeles Times

8-)

Just like the Odom nut grabbing deal.....the KobenoKobedon't deal the Lakers will either get off the hook or get the better end of the stick.....it's how the League has always handled it. It's SHOWTIME.

I just hope the Wallace kid gets better...... 8-)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
DaDragicShow
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#208 » by DaDragicShow » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:47 pm

What did Kermit do?
Kefa461
RealGM

Post#209 » by Kefa461 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:50 pm

arizonaplaya85 wrote:What did Kermit do?

Broke a guys face...... 8-)

Rudy Toms....... 8-)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Post#210 » by Sedale Threatt » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:53 pm

Kareem got into a fight with Houston's center. During the scrum, Washington saw somebody running at him out of the corner of his eye and instinctively punched. He caught Tomjanovich flush in the face and nearly killed him, fracturing his nose, face and skull. At the very least, he was never the same player again, which was too bad because he was All-Star caliber. Kareem said it sounded like somebody dropping a melon out of a second-story window.

Anybody trying to compare this incident to that incident is, no offense, a complete idiot.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#211 » by BigSlam » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:17 pm

Kefa461 wrote:It should but so far not a peep from the League. Not a peep. 8-)

????

NBA spokesman said the league is reviewing the play to determine whether further discipline should be administered.

2 posts above yours.
B B M F 'ers
Kefa461
RealGM

Post#212 » by Kefa461 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:24 pm

BigSlam wrote:
Kefa461 wrote:It should but so far not a peep from the League. Not a peep. 8-)

????

NBA spokesman said the league is reviewing the play to determine whether further discipline should be administered.

2 posts above yours.

Business as usual.....post the whole statement......But league officials said Wednesday that it's common practice for the NBA to review flagrant fouls......nothing special for a special foul...... 8-)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
INKtastic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,975

Post#213 » by INKtastic » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:24 pm

I suspect they upgrade it to flagrant 2 and a 1 game suspension. Typically upgrades flagrant 2s are 1 game suspensions while called flagrant 2s don't get the suspension since the player was already ejected from the game it happened in.
http://www.inktastic.com/ Custom T-Shirts and more
TommyTheCat
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#214 » by TommyTheCat » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:26 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:Kareem got into a fight with Houston's center. During the scrum, Washington saw somebody running at him out of the corner of his eye and instinctively punched. He caught Tomjanovich flush in the face and nearly killed him, fracturing his nose, face and skull. At the very least, he was never the same player again, which was too bad because he was All-Star caliber. Kareem said it sounded like somebody dropping a melon out of a second-story window.

yikes. i knew about the fight but never heard kareem's take on it.
That Nicka
Banned User

Post#215 » by That Nicka » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:33 pm

Kefa461 wrote:
That Nicka wrote:^ you work at the official league office?

I might as well

The NBA is reviewing the flagrant foul called against Lakers center Andrew Bynum that landed Charlotte Bobcats forward Gerald Wallace in the hospital to determine if any disciplinary action should be taken. But league officials said Wednesday that it's common practice for the NBA to review flagrant fouls. Los Angeles Times

8-)

Just like the Odom nut grabbing deal.....the KobenoKobedon't deal the Lakers will either get off the hook or get the better end of the stick.....it's how the League has always handled it. It's SHOWTIME.

I just hope the Wallace kid gets better...... 8-)

The "Kobe no, Kobe dont" deal? You mean the league should have gotten involved in his court case after he was legally acquitted? Are you (Please Use More Appropriate Word)?

The "Odom nut grabbing deal" -- I;m sure the league would have done something about this but they were too busy reviewing KG crawling, barking and picking on white dudes...

OH NOEZ!!! WHY DIDNT THE LEGE DO SUMTHINZ BOUT DA KGZ!!! CUZ DEY AINT RACIST AGINST DA IRISH!!!! GHOST UV DA GAHDEN KEPT KGZ FRUM GETTIN DA SUSPENDED!!!!

8-) 8-) 8-) :onfire: :football: :pityfool: :swami: :king: :cowboy: :reporter: :guitar: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :violin:
Kefa461
RealGM

Post#216 » by Kefa461 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:41 pm

One would think KG did similar damage to see the outrage that was brought about. 8-)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Post#217 » by Sedale Threatt » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:48 pm

TommyTheCat wrote:yikes. i knew about the fight but never heard kareem's take on it.

The attending doctor said the damage was equivalent to smashing one's face into a car windshield at about 50 miles per hour. The detail that always stuck out to me -- when he came to, Rudy complained of an extremely bitter, acidic taste in his mouth (among other things). The doctors told him it was spinal fluid leaking into his sinus cavity.
That Nicka
Banned User

Post#218 » by That Nicka » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:49 pm

Kefa461 wrote:One would think KG did similar damage to see the outrage that was brought about. 8-)

As grabbing your nuts when you dunk? I can think of about a million things I've seen in a basketball game worse than that
That Nicka
Banned User

Post#219 » by That Nicka » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:52 pm

6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#220 » by 6_Rings » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:56 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:Kareem got into a fight with Houston's center. During the scrum, Washington saw somebody running at him out of the corner of his eye and instinctively punched. He caught Tomjanovich flush in the face and nearly killed him, fracturing his nose, face and skull. At the very least, he was never the same player again, which was too bad because he was All-Star caliber. Kareem said it sounded like somebody dropping a melon out of a second-story window.

Anybody trying to compare this incident to that incident is, no offense, a complete idiot.

:roll: shall i say none taken? :roll:

Kermit never knew that Rudy T.'s face is like a ripe melon. any dude can take a punch in the face and probably get a broken nose at the worst. I said half the punishment. He was sticking his elbow at an approaching Wallace at full speed. If somehow that elbow falls on Wallace's face you get the same result as Rudy T., or in his abdomen which may lead to internal bleeding, or his crouch which will definitely threaten the family jewels. Bottomline is you never, as in never stick ur elbow. the elbow is a deadly weapon.
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.

Return to The General Board