Gerald Wallace hospitalized

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

USA
Banned User
And1: 455

Re: Gerald Wallace hospitalized 

Post#221 » by USA » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:36 pm

^^^LOL.
bynumsbreakout
Junior
And1: 0

Post#222 » by bynumsbreakout » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:38 pm

That Nicka wrote:
Kefa461 wrote:
That Nicka wrote:^ you work at the official league office?

I might as well

The NBA is reviewing the flagrant foul called against Lakers center Andrew Bynum that landed Charlotte Bobcats forward Gerald Wallace in the hospital to determine if any disciplinary action should be taken. But league officials said Wednesday that it's common practice for the NBA to review flagrant fouls. Los Angeles Times

8-)

Just like the Odom nut grabbing deal.....the KobenoKobedon't deal the Lakers will either get off the hook or get the better end of the stick.....it's how the League has always handled it. It's SHOWTIME.

I just hope the Wallace kid gets better...... 8-)

The "Kobe no, Kobe dont" deal? You mean the league should have gotten involved in his court case after he was legally acquitted? Are you (Please Use More Appropriate Word)?

The "Odom nut grabbing deal" -- I;m sure the league would have done something about this but they were too busy reviewing KG crawling, barking and picking on white dudes...

OH NOEZ!!! WHY DIDNT THE LEGE DO SUMTHINZ BOUT DA KGZ!!! CUZ DEY AINT RACIST AGINST DA IRISH!!!! GHOST UV DA GAHDEN KEPT KGZ FRUM GETTIN DA SUSPENDED!!!!

8-) 8-) 8-) :onfire: :football: :pityfool: :swami: :king: :cowboy: :reporter: :guitar: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :violin:

:lol: owned

8-)
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,114

Post#223 » by Sedale Threatt » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:46 pm

6_Rings wrote::roll: shall i say none taken? :roll:

Kermit never knew that Rudy T.'s face is like a ripe melon. any dude can take a punch in the face and probably get a broken nose at the worst. I said half the punishment. He was sticking his elbow at an approaching Wallace at full speed. If somehow that elbow falls on Wallace's face you get the same result as Rudy T., or in his abdomen which may lead to internal bleeding, or his crouch which will definitely threaten the family jewels. Bottomline is you never, as in never stick ur elbow. the elbow is a deadly weapon.

I read your post clearly. Half Washington's suspension is ridiculous, too.

I agree that you can't stick out your elbow like Andrew did, which is why even as a Laker fan I've been supporting a one-game suspension throughout this thread. He was reckless, and he deserves a punishment for that. I wouldn't have a problem with two.

But to compare a pretty basic flagrant foul -- delivered more out of fatigue and/or frustration than any ill intent -- to arguably the most notorious incident in NBA history is classic overreaction.

He didn't measure Wallace up. He didn't even really deliver all that big of a blow. He caught Wallace with flagrant contact at a moment of extreme vulnerability, and an unfortunate injury occurred. It's a physical game, and freak accidents happen. No need to make any more out of this than it was.

A one-, possibly even two-game suspension is all that's warranted here.
bynumsbreakout
Junior

Post#224 » by bynumsbreakout » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:46 pm

I love all these posters insinuating that Bynum has done things like this in the past and that he is a dirty player. Please name one similar incident that has happened in the past (and don't give me that "hard foul" on Lebron last game against the Cavs where Lebron created all of the contact and then glared at Bynum :lol: ).

Bynum has showed himself to be nothing but a class act since he entered the league. He's a young kid who made a mistake by fouling Wallace harder than he meant to. Simple as that. He obviously regretted it as he waited outside the Cats bus to try to apologize to Wallace. Give him a one game suspension and let's hope for a speedy recovery from Wallace.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Post#225 » by Sedale Threatt » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:50 pm

Agreed. I can't remember Andrew delivering so much as a hard foul before that Cleveland game -- which was completely and totally legit, the type of play every coach in the NBA teaches. To say Andrew has any kind of history is straight-up ignorant.
dingclancy
Analyst
And1: 90

Post#226 » by dingclancy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:50 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketba ... lace_N.htm

No suspension! here comes the NBA bashers although i am surprised because Kobe's swinging elbows got him suspended.

The NBA decided Thursday to upgrade the flagrant foul called on Los Angeles Lakers center Andrew Bynum in Tuesday's loss to the Charlotte Bobcats to a flagrant foul 2, which draws an automatic fine but no suspension.

Bynum's hip check and elbow knocked Charlotte's Gerald Wallace to the floor and sent the Bobcats' leading scorer to an extended hospital stay for a collapsed left lung and broken rib.

Charlotte coach Larry Brown, however, was against upgrading to the more serious flagrant-2. He told The Charlotte Observer, "That kid (Bynum) waited at our bus, trying to get to Gerald, and he apologized to me. If he had a history of that (rough play), I might feel different, but I just think it was a hard foul."
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Post#227 » by Sedale Threatt » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:28 pm

Definitely surprised. Jackson probably took into account Bynum's lack of history with this sort of stuff and the fact that it obviously wasn't done with any malice. Not sure it sends the best of messages, but oh well -- let's just hope Drew doesn't put himself in these positions too often. The way he's playing of late, it would have been a pity to see him sitting out.
Cevap
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#228 » by Cevap » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:56 pm

I'm fine either way...whatever
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#229 » by TonyMontana » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:40 pm

Kefa461 wrote:One would think KG did similar damage to see the outrage that was brought about. 8-)

Calm down Kefa. :lol:
Lately your hate has increased from one post every two weeks since you guys were losing back to backs, to now that you guys are back on top again to one everyday regarding LA.

What losing made you quiet, and now you got ****s.

As far as this incident, dont compare it to K.G and his ignorant tactics and childish garbage he pulls on the court on weaker players everyday.
Bynums incident was unintentional and it wasnt delebrate, you can keep running around this board and hyping it up with all your post and gettin everybody fired up, but get real man.

This is nothing close to what K.G has done or is doing.
Kyrama
RealGM
And1: 649

Post#230 » by Kyrama » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:23 am

So...has anyone called Wallace yet?
dingclancy
Analyst

Post#231 » by dingclancy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:57 am

Ye. Bynum called

Charlotte coach Larry Brown concurred with the league’s decision that a suspension was not warranted.

“That kid waited at our bus, trying to get to Gerald, and he apologized to me,” Brown told the Charlotte Observer. “If he had a history of that (rough play), I might feel different, but I just think it was a hard foul.”

Wallace remained in a Los Angeles hospital Thursday and could be sidelined for several weeks.

“I don’t expect him back anytime soon,” Brown added.

Bynum said he left a message on Wallace’s cell phone but has not heard back from the player.
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#232 » by Kefa461 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:55 am

TonyMontana wrote:
Kefa461 wrote:One would think KG did similar damage to see the outrage that was brought about. 8-)

Lately your hate has increased from one post every two weeks since you guys were losing back to backs, to now that you guys are back on top again to one everyday regarding LA.

As far as this incident, dont compare it to K.G and his ignorant tactics and childish garbage he pulls on the court on weaker players everyday.
Bynums incident was unintentional and it wasnt delebrate, you can keep running around this board and hyping it up with all your post and gettin everybody fired up, but get real man.

It ain't hating to have a different opinion.....the different opinion that just happened
to be correct that nothing in terms of a suspension would occur. I disagree also about what KG has done....he broke someones ribs even by accident, or worse, smashed a lung, even by accident or worse....you're in another world and you need to wake the **** up. The kid didn't do it on purpose but KG's done nothing like that this season. Now I'm not on everybody's PC posting about how they feel about your players behavior so don't blame me for how they feel. The C's are my team and I'm quite content to be concerned about the loss of their swag. You are the one who needs to calm down. 8-)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
sarah42
Starter
And1: 2

Post#233 » by sarah42 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:17 am

are people actually comparing breaking a guys rib and collapsing a guy's lung with an elbow to kg and his personality on the court?

who is kg hurting other than your thin skins? its tired already.

heaven forbid someone is into the game. homers are one thing, but has kg broken anyone's body, intentional or not?

get a gripe. players are different on the court. thats life.
inmate347 wrote:
BTW, I still maintain that the 1984 Denver Broncos are Lebron's father
sefant77
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#234 » by sefant77 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:29 am

The NBA is nothing more than a joke these days.

Some players get suspensions, others not.

Remember for what Dirk got suspended? For his arm getting stuck with AK. He also didnt have any history of hard fouls. Didnt matter.

Stack got suspended in the finals for a hard foul with no injury...

Just 2 cases i remember now because it was with the mavs. But Mavs getting supensions and fines like **** anyway...
shawngoat23
Lead Assistant
And1: 286

Post#235 » by shawngoat23 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:56 am

Glad to hear that Bynum waited for GWall at the Bobcats bus, apologized to Brown, and left a message on Wallace's cell phone.
penbeast0 wrote:Yes, he did. And as a mod, I can't even put him on ignore . . . sigh.
BubbaTee
Head Coach
And1: 546

Post#236 » by BubbaTee » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:17 am

sefant77 wrote:The NBA is nothing more than a joke these days.

Yup. This

resulted in an ejection AND 2-game suspension.
dingclancy
Analyst

Post#237 » by dingclancy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:06 am

BubbaTee wrote:
sefant77 wrote:The NBA is nothing more than a joke these days.

Yup. This

resulted in an ejection AND 2-game suspension.

Did bynum started a fight?
Did bynum drill wallace to the ground with intention?
Did players leave the bench?
Does Bynum have a history of dirty play?
J Smitty
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#238 » by J Smitty » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:17 am

I really don't see why it should matter. Good people make mistakes all the time. They may not mean to do it and they may feel terrible about it, but that doesn't take away the action they did. For every crime there is a punishment.

The way Bynum fouled Wallace is just not okay. I don't care what his intent was. His action deserves a suspension, because that is the precedent the league has set in the past. Him not getting one is really troubling to me, because it says the league is unwilling to be consistent with the way they discipline their players, which is seriously disappointing.
celtsmon3y
Assistant Coach

Post#239 » by celtsmon3y » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:37 am

TonyMontana wrote:

What has KG done other than piss people like you off? :lol:

I dont think what Bynum did was dirty, but it was pretty damn reckless and dangerous. He should of got a game or two suspension. Other players have been suspended for a lot less.
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#240 » by Chubby Chaser » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:30 am

Some of you guys sound like women in here crying about Bynum's "malicious play". It was a hard foul, that was it. He got fined. Whatever. Get over it. Locate your testicles and move on. Overreacting to a situation like this will set a precedence for a harsher penalty for a lesser act in the future. This will eventually snow ball into turning the NBA into a non-contact ballerina school.

[EDIT: Please watch the stereotypes, and name-calling. Thanks]

Return to The General Board