Gerald Wallace hospitalized

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Re: Gerald Wallace hospitalized 

Post#241 » by realfung » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:14 am

bad for the bobcats.
doozyj
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,842

Post#242 » by doozyj » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:44 am

Bynum even offered a hand to help Wallace up after the hard foul. He even tried to apologiz to Wallace directly by calling him. Most just offer a forced **** apology to the media. Bynum has no history of being dirty and this was a mistake he made out of frustration, losing to the Bobcats.

Also why is anyone bringing up KG, this thread has nothing to do with that Douche-Bag.
zuppafly
Assistant Coach
And1: 990

Post#243 » by zuppafly » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:09 am

doozyj wrote:Bynum even offered a hand to help Wallace up after the hard foul. He even tried to apologiz to Wallace directly by calling him. Most just offer a forced chicken-**** apology to the media. Bynum has no history of being dirty and this was a mistake he made out of frustration, losing to the Bobcats.

Also why is anyone bringing up KG, this thread has nothing to do with that Douche-Bag.

I agree 100%. Bynum seems to be a good kid. It was a bad mistake with very bad consequences for G.W., but looking at the foul it is clear that it wasn't intended to hurt. He was trying to make a hard foul just like they happen in every game, he threw his arms at GW and ended up hurting him badly. You could see from his reaction in the moment after GW fell that he was sorry for what he did (I don't think anyone there realized how bad GW was). Fine Bynum, give him a 1 game suspension if you want to, but don't make him look like Bruce Bowen here.. he clearly wasn't trying to hurt him on purpose.

PS: I'm a Magic fan, not a Lakers fan, so I'm unbiased.

And I just wish Gerald Wallace a quick recovery.
dingclancy
Analyst
And1: 90

Post#244 » by dingclancy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:59 am

Bynum said he was surprised at Wallace's speed that is why after the contact Bynum spun because of Wallace's force. I think Wallace should not be too reckless when he attacks the basket, but that is Wallace's good quality too and the reasons why he is one of my favorite players. He just does not care who is standing between him and the basket.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,342

Post#245 » by Dr Aki » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:52 pm

dingclancy wrote:Bynum said he was surprised at Wallace's speed that is why after the contact Bynum spun because of Wallace's force. I think Wallace should not be too reckless when he attacks the basket, but that is Wallace's good quality too and the reasons why he is one of my favorite players. He just does not care who is standing between him and the basket.

i wonder what it costs to insure wallace's contract?
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,241

Post#246 » by amcoolio » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:34 pm

dingclancy wrote:Bynum said he was surprised at Wallace's speed that is why after the contact Bynum spun because of Wallace's force. I think Wallace should not be too reckless when he attacks the basket, but that is Wallace's good quality too and the reasons why he is one of my favorite players. He just does not care who is standing between him and the basket.

Are you kidding me? Gerald blew by Kobe and Bynum and was going in for the dunk. Many, many, MANY other players would have done the same thing and continued to dunk.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#247 » by TonyMontana » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:42 pm

Kefa461 wrote:It ain't hating to have a different opinion.....

You are Brahh,
Its like your sitting here and insitigating this bigger than what it is.
You keep on bringing up IF K.G did this IF K.G did that. Well you can sit here and compare a stupid play that was unintetional by Bynum that resulted in Wallaces injury, to K.G where he actually makes it a habit in EVERY game to go out and cause a scene, or heckling, setting dirty picks on player taunting every player thats samller and weaker than him to Bynum?

Kefa461 wrote:the different opinion that just happened
to be correct that nothing in terms of a suspension would occur. I disagree also about what KG has done....

Right, yet you keep comparing this incident to what K.G has done and is still doing.

Kefa461 wrote:he broke someones ribs even by accident, or worse, smashed a lung, even by accident or worse....you're in another world and you need to wake the **** up.

Did you even see the video???
Bynum's arms were extended outwards, he didnt go in with his elbows, he went in with his arms FULLY EXTENDED.
If Im going to hurt someone Im not going to go in with my arms, Im going in with my arms BENT so I can hit him with the tip of my ELBOW.
Also me and a lot of other people think that he didnt sustain his injury with Bynums initial contact, it was when he landed on his left elbow that caused the injury.

Also what world am I in, I am aware of this incident and what did happen, but unlike you and other bashers in here Im showing my concern about Wallace WHICH I AM A HUGE FAN OF.
Yet nobody is addressing Morrison flag on Pau when he intentionally went for Paus head, or how about Howard cheap shot on Ariza that gave Ariza a concusion.
Why isnt anybody addressing that??? Cause they didnt go to the hospital.

Kefa461 wrote:The kid didn't do it on purpose but KG's done nothing like that this season.

Sure Kefa, K.G hasnt done anything wrong this season.......... :lol: Nothing at all, or you mean he hasnt send a player to the hospital part, cause K.G has done a lot of JACKED up things this season.
All his moving screen, all his dirty picks, all the crawling and barking and taunting other players, Sure Kefa he's a freakin SAINT.
And Bynum has a history of cheap shots and technicals.....
Kefa this Bynum were talking about, not Bruce Bowen or Rasheed Wallace........ Its Bynum.

Kefa461 wrote: Now I'm not on everybody's PC posting about how they feel about your players behavior so don't blame me for how they feel. The C's are my team and I'm quite content to be concerned about the loss of their swag. You are the one who needs to calm down. 8-)

Sure you are, you and most Cs fan keep on repeating the same garbage, IF IT WAS K.G there would be 6 to 7 pages bashing K.G, IF IT WAS THE Celtics blahhhh blahhh blahhhhhh.
By you posting it cleary shows your intention of trying to devert eveybody's attention from what K.G and the green squad has done and is still doing to labeling a young kid who simply made a DUMB mistake that resulted in a serious injury.

Take it for whats its worth, and if you are truly a fan of the sport, THEN STICK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND, and the topic isnt LETS COMPARE K.G to Bynum.
The topic is Gerald Wallace hospitalized, ISNT IT?
TsunamiZC
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#248 » by TsunamiZC » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Why are we still talking about KG ?
TonyMontana
RealGM

Post#249 » by TonyMontana » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:48 pm

TsunamiZC wrote:Why are we still talking about KG ?

Cause that what the Cs fans intentions are.
dingclancy
Analyst
And1: 90

Post#250 » by dingclancy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:44 pm

amcoolio wrote:

Are you kidding me? Gerald blew by Kobe and Bynum and was going in for the dunk. Many, many, MANY other players would have done the same thing and continued to dunk.

The thing is he is too fast sometimes going to the basket. Yeah props to him for going to the dunk it was the right play, but any other player won't just jump from near the free throw line that fast. He is reckless that way. There is a right way of attacking the basket. That is why his nickname is Crash.

He was the only basketball player who had 4 concussions, which is a regular injury if you are playing football. Read this: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3265951
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#251 » by Kefa461 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:48 pm

My point was and is.....the league is not consistent in dishing out punishment....never has been and probably never will be. 8-)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
TonyMontana
RealGM

Post#252 » by TonyMontana » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:56 pm

Kefa461 wrote:My point was and is.....the league is not consistent in dishing out punishment....never has been and probably never will be. 8-)

I agree with you a 110 %, nobody said that they are fair, but we cant sit here and judge every wrong action by any player as the SAME, its not.
In this case I think the punishment was handed out correctly.
It went from a Flag 1 to 2 and I think thats where the line has to be drawn.
It was simple DUMB foul but it wasnt ment to hurt Wallace and it is what it is.

Return to The General Board