Gerald Wallace hospitalized

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

CHIMOCHI
Starter
And1: 2

Re: Gerald Wallace hospitalized 

Post#41 » by CHIMOCHI » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:44 pm

TradeMachine wrote:http://www.nba.com/video/games/lakers/2009/01/27/nba_cha_lal_0020800666_recap.nba/whatsnew/index.html

@ 50 sec mark.

Elbow to the thorax with no intention to make a play at the ball. Looks worse every time I see it.

damn that looked bad, it seemed he was like cant do nothing just gona put my elbow on the way

but hey cant fault him,you do what you can to win the game
u mad?
J Smitty
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#42 » by J Smitty » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:52 pm

Wow, Wallace is sitting in the hospital right now with an unbelievably serious injury, and RutgersBJJ is over here talking **** about him for being "soft" and "not protecting himself?" Seriously? A little boy got killed sitting in a Baskin-Robbins, because a drunk driver was going 70 mph on a small road, ran a red light, and crashed into the building. But I guess that is the kid's fault for being there and not moving out of the way when the truck went through the building. Riiiiight.

You stay classy though, RutgersBJJ.
DieselCeltic
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#43 » by DieselCeltic » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:06 pm

I seriously wish him a speedy recovery and hope for the best. Collapsed lung is something that has to be taken seriously.

Now, Wallace is known for his wreckless play his entire basketball career. He has to slowdown at times. He had number of injuries and sooner or later he will get fatal injury that could end his career or his life. Hopefully that hasn't happened this time.

As far as Bynum I would def. suspend him. Too many times he throws his hands and just asks for trouble.
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#44 » by 6_Rings » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:23 pm

it was a dirty foul. Bynum stuck his elbow on a driving Wallace's chest. League has to investigate and suspend Bynum.

Wallace was seen writhing in pain in the tunnels on the way to the dugout.
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
FakeScreenName123
RealGM
And1: 5,113

Post#45 » by FakeScreenName123 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:44 pm

That was a dirty play. Malicious intent or not Bynum should be suspended for this.
G35
RealGM
And1: 7,786

Post#46 » by G35 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:47 pm

We should bookmark this for when people say the league has gone soft and the 80's and 90's were when real men played basketball and not protected by the ref's......
I'm so tired of the typical......
Fatty
Head Coach
And1: 11

Post#47 » by Fatty » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:08 pm

morrison was called for a flagarant foul on gasol @ the 30 second mark
http://www.nba.com/video/games/lakers/2 ... index.html
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,342

Post#48 » by Dr Aki » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:14 pm

i gonna go ahead and say that while its wrong to hurt ppl intentionally, building a reputation for knocking people onto their backs will quickly make swingmen think twice before trying to dunk on bynum
Typhoon20
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#49 » by Typhoon20 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:49 pm

If Bynum doesn't get suspended for that....that was intentional. I could care less if Bynum is a good kid or didn't intended to harm him, HE DID HARM HIM wether he intended or not doesn't matter.
YaoisGodsAnswer
Senior
And1: 0

Post#50 » by YaoisGodsAnswer » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:54 pm

It probably wasn't a dirty play. But Bynum is dumb and young, should be suspended for 2 games.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,091
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#51 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:02 pm

G35 wrote:We should bookmark this for when people say the league has gone soft and the 80's and 90's were when real men played basketball and not protected by the ref's......

Yup...

I really don't think it was that bad, it was a very hard foul, but everything happened so fast I really doubt Bynum had time to process "I'm going to send a message now."

It looked like he ran in to foul him as quick as possible and it just happened :dontknow:
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
GJense4181
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#52 » by GJense4181 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:07 pm

I don't think you people understand how collapsed lungs happen.
Tabasco
Bench Warmer
And1: 185

Post#53 » by Tabasco » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:15 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:
G35 wrote:We should bookmark this for when people say the league has gone soft and the 80's and 90's were when real men played basketball and not protected by the ref's......

Yup...

I really don't think it was that bad, it was a very hard foul, but everything happened so fast I really doubt Bynum had time to process "I'm going to send a message now."

It looked like he ran in to foul him as quick as possible and it just happened :dontknow:

Would you feel the same if it was Chris Paul in the hospital instead of Gerald Wallace?
ponder276
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#54 » by ponder276 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:22 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:

Yup...

I gotta agree with this. Terrible what happened to Wallace, but it looked way more like bad luck than any kind of malicious intent.
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,097

Post#55 » by Schad » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:35 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:

Yup...

Looked to me like Bynum got caught being decisive without making a decision; he looked like he stepped up without any real idea of whether he was going to try and take a charge, go for the block, or simply foul...at the last moment, instinct kicked in and he turned sideways and raised his shoulder elbow to protect himself. A silly move, and one with a high probability of injuring the other player, but not malicious. I don't mind a one-game suspension as a "don't do that again...ever" measure, but wouldn't be upset if he got a token fine either.
**** your asterisk.
G35
RealGM

Post#56 » by G35 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:38 pm

Schadenfreude wrote:
Looked to me like Bynum got caught being decisive without making a decision; he looked like he stepped up without any real idea of whether he was going to try and take a charge, go for the block, or simply foul...at the last moment, instinct kicked in and he turned sideways and raised his shoulder elbow to protect himself. A silly move, and one with a high probability of injuring the other player, but not malicious. I don't mind a one-game suspension as a "don't do that again...ever" measure, but wouldn't be upset if he got a token fine either.

Yeah I don't think it was malicious or dirty but I think Bynum did try to make a hard foul. So a one game suspension wouldn't be out of line......
TradeMachine
Banned User

Post#57 » by TradeMachine » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:38 pm

Apologists for that play claiming it was "just a hard foul" are cracking me up here. If he really wanted to send a message about not coming in the lane, he should have wrapped up Wallace instead of throwing a cheap shot elbow at him. The intent was obviously to hurt, and he clearly didn't think of the possible consequences of the play before committing.

How fitting however, that such a horrific incident gets swept under the rug as he he is a Laker.
G35
RealGM

Post#58 » by G35 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:40 pm

TradeMachine wrote:Apologists for that play claiming it was "just a hard foul" are cracking me up here. If he really wanted to send a message about not coming in the lane, he should have wrapped up Wallace instead of throwing a cheap shot elbow at him. The intent was obviously to hurt, and he clearly didn't think of the possible consequences of the play before committing.

How fitting however, that such a horrific incident gets swept under the rug as he he is a Laker.

He wasn't trying to send a message, it about 2 minutes left in the game and CHA was up by 5 I think. He was trying to prevent an easy dunk/layup, you're trying to make more of it than it was.....
Sting3r
Head Coach
And1: 209

Post#59 » by Sting3r » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:43 pm

Shaq does this quite often but never gets labeled as dirty.

This just happens to be another case of Laker envy. Bynum is a Laker so therefore everyone is just hating. Just admit it folks.

The way I see it is Gerald Wallace is running full force at Bynum, you could say he was trying dunk on Bynum. What the hell is Bynum supposed to do? His first reaction was to put his shield up. Its either that or be on the bad end of an attempted dunk.
TradeMachine
Banned User

Post#60 » by TradeMachine » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:44 pm

G35 wrote:
TradeMachine wrote:Apologists for that play claiming it was "just a hard foul" are cracking me up here. If he really wanted to send a message about not coming in the lane, he should have wrapped up Wallace instead of throwing a cheap shot elbow at him. The intent was obviously to hurt, and he clearly didn't think of the possible consequences of the play before committing.

He was trying to prevent an easy dunk/layup,

As mentioned prior, there are much better ways of doing that than simply raising his arm to throw a protruding elbow into an airborne player.

Return to The General Board