NBA All-Star 2009 rosters leaked in latest NBA 2K9 update?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

bicatmit
Rookie
And1: 50

Re: NBA All-Star 2009 rosters leaked in latest NBA 2K9 update? 

Post#61 » by bicatmit » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:45 pm

As far as the Suns having 3 all-stars, I think the blame falls on the fans for voting Amare in as a starter. By selecting Shaq and Nash, the coaches are effectively saying "these are the 2 Suns players who should be in the ASG and we're not going to snub one of them because Amare ganked a starting spot from a more deserving player."

Also don't forget the spirit of the all-star game. Guys like Shaq and Nash make the game fun and I think everybody realizes that there's a high likelihood of this being the last ASG for both of them. That said, I think the East squad is seriously lacking in the "fun player to watch" department. There aren't a lot of high-flyers or flashy players coming off the bench for them.

I'm the biggest Magic fan but I would have a hard time calling Jameer Nelson an all-star. I feel like there definitely needs to be one other Magic player going to the ASG but it should be Rashard or Hedo. I understand the guard/forward situation in the East but Jameer doesn't strike me as being a big star yet. I also wouldn't look forward to all the backlash that would ensue with the media and fans saying he's undeserving of the spot. That's just unfair.
tlloyd34
Senior
And1: 6

Post#62 » by tlloyd34 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:48 pm

What are you upset over?

He is NOT playing at an All-Star level caliber at the PG position.

I am not saying whether or not Jameer should make the all-star team, but to say he is NOT playing at all-star caliber is insane. If you take emotions out of it (ie, being a Heat fan), you can't argue that he doesn't deserve consideration. As far as point guards go in the east, there is no "clear cut" leader, and 2 out of 3 guys could easily get those reserve spots. Jameer, Harris, Rondo, and maybe even Mo Williams. Jameer, Rondo, and Mo, have a head start on Harris because their teams are WAY ahead of the rest of the east. But, Harris is obviously having a superior season, statistically.

Between the 3 point guards on the east best team's, Jameer is having the best statistical season, although it is close.

Jameer
4 in PER for PGs in the league behind Paul, Harris, and Parker
16.9 - PPG
5.4 - APG
3.4 RPG
1.2 - SPG

.504 FG%
.446 3pt%
.880 FT%
These numbers are HUGE efficiency numbers!

Rondo
9th in PER for PGs in the league
11.2 PPG
8 APG
4.9 RPG
2.1 SPG

.510 FG%
.323 3pt%
.626 FT %

Mo
14th in PER for PGs in the league
17.2 PPG
4.1 APG
3.3 RPG
.8 SPG

.472 FG%
.386 3pt%
.938 FT%

Now, you may not completely agree with PER, but you can't argue that it is not a decent indicator of how players are playing. All three of these guys have arguments. Jameer is having a great season statistically across the board, but his shooting efficiency is insane for a PG. Rondo is dishing out the ball great, but isn't scoring as much. But, he is the best defender out of the 3. Mo is scoring better than both of them. (This is understanding that all three are on arguably the best team in the league)

I guess you can make arguments for Calderon, Bibby, Andre Miller, but I don't think they stack up to the other 4 when you combine stats and team success.

So the bottom line is that it's ridiculous to say that any of these players are absolutely NOT an all-star. When every NBA analysis in the country is putting these guys in the ASG discussion, then they somewhat deserve to be in the mix.

That's all I have right now, folks...
Twitter: @tomthecounselor
Instagram: tomthecounselor
facebook.com/tomthecounselor
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#63 » by deeney0 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:55 pm

Pau vs. Jefferson is a mute point. It's Shaq and Melo who won't deserve to be on that team as much as Pau, not Al.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#64 » by rsavaj » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:58 pm

deeney0 wrote:Pau vs. Jefferson is a mute point. It's Shaq and Melo who won't deserve to be on that team as much as Pau, not Al.

I dunno, Shaq's been playing like one of the best centers in the league this season
J~Rush
Head Coach
And1: 28

Post#65 » by J~Rush » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:13 pm

This was on there as much as a week ago. Before the voting was even done I believe.
e
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#66 » by MagicMadness » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:15 pm

J~Rush wrote:This was on there as much as a week ago. Before the voting was even done I believe.

lol, is this really true?

Can anyone else confirm?
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#67 » by MaxRider » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:20 pm

anyway, those are not the final roster...just need to wait few more hours
blzrfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#68 » by blzrfan » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:32 pm

Looks fake to me
Rocky5000
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#69 » by Rocky5000 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:52 pm

East is pretty good for the most part. The only change I would make is to put Ray Allen on over Jameer Nelson. None of Nelson, Mo Williams, or Rondo are good enough players to be named all stars. Ray Allen is having a 50 40 90 season, and he blew up last year in the ASG and won it for the East.

Ask yourself do you think Orlando would trade Nelson for Ray Allen? Or Cleveland swap Mo for Ray? Of course they would, that's why Ray deserves to be an allstar over those guys.
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#70 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:55 pm

Let's hope those are fake,

Steve Nash???

:rofl:
No Offense
Assistant Coach
And1: 260

Post#71 » by No Offense » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:58 pm

Rocky5000 wrote:Ask yourself do you think Orlando would trade Nelson for Ray Allen? Or Cleveland swap Mo for Ray? Of course they would, that's why Ray deserves to be an allstar over those guys.

There is no way Danny Ferry would trade Mo Williams for old Ray Allen. That would effectively leave the Cavs without a single starting caliber point guard. Mo Williams has had incredible chemistry with the Cavs, and I doubt he would even let Danny Ainge finish the sentence before hanging up on him.

Take off your green colored glasses for a minute and realize that Ray Allen probably isn't as good as you think he is. He works perfectly for Boston, but what would Cleveland or Orlando want him for?
Versubio
Veteran
And1: 209

Post#72 » by Versubio » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:00 pm

Rocky5000 wrote:East is pretty good for the most part. The only change I would make is to put Ray Allen on over Jameer Nelson. None of Nelson, Mo Williams, or Rondo are good enough players to be named all stars. Ray Allen is having a 50 40 90 season, and he blew up last year in the ASG and won it for the East.

Ask yourself do you think Orlando would trade Nelson for Ray Allen? Or Cleveland swap Mo for Ray? Of course they would, that's why Ray deserves to be an allstar over those guys.

Why would the Magic trade anybody on their starting line-up for a player on decline like Ray Allen?
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Post#73 » by JordansBulls » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:03 pm

You have got to kidding me if you think the Celtics should have 4 allstars and the Cavs only 1. 3 is a stretch for the Celtics this year. Cavs have the best record % wise in the league, they deserve more than 1 allstar if you are thinking of putting 3 on the Celtics in the game.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
Fitz303
General Manager
And1: 1,822

Post#74 » by Fitz303 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:03 pm

Flash3 wrote:
Fitz303 wrote:
Flash3 wrote:Jameer Nelson is NOT an all-star.

I know right? How did he get in over Mario Chalmers? Man, the rookie game and now this? Chalmers gets robbed again!!!! :oops:

What are you upset over?

Your constant complaining about Oden and Rudy getting into the rookie game over Chalmers. And what PG do you think should be in over Nelson? The only one that has a case is Rondo, and I would personally take Nelson right now
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#75 » by MaxRider » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:13 pm

who cares how many player your team had on the all-star team
2004 Pistons only got one (Ben Wallace voted in) in the 2004 All-Star game and they won the champ.
Versubio
Veteran
And1: 209

Post#76 » by Versubio » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:20 pm

MaxRider wrote:who cares how many player your team had on the all-star team
2004 Pistons only got one (Ben Wallace voted in) in the 2004 All-Star game and they won the champ.

True. The All-Star game is totally meaningless. I, myself never really watch it.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#77 » by Flash3 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:26 pm

MagicNolesFSU wrote:Yeah man, he sucks. Keep crying

One isn't allowed to give their personal opinion on said player?

tlloyd34 wrote:
What are you upset over?

I am not saying whether or not Jameer should make the all-star team, but to say he is NOT playing at all-star caliber is insane. If you take emotions out of it (ie, being a Heat fan), you can't argue that he doesn't deserve consideration. As far as point guards go in the east, there is no "clear cut" leader, and 2 out of 3 guys could easily get those reserve spots. Jameer, Harris, Rondo, and maybe even Mo Williams. Jameer, Rondo, and Mo, have a head start on Harris because their teams are WAY ahead of the rest of the east. But, Harris is obviously having a superior season, statistically.

Between the 3 point guards on the east best team's, Jameer is having the best statistical season, although it is close.

Jameer
4 in PER for PGs in the league behind Paul, Harris, and Parker
16.9 - PPG
5.4 - APG
3.4 RPG
1.2 - SPG

.504 FG%
.446 3pt%
.880 FT%
These numbers are HUGE efficiency numbers!

Rondo
9th in PER for PGs in the league
11.2 PPG
8 APG
4.9 RPG
2.1 SPG

.510 FG%
.323 3pt%
.626 FT %

Mo
14th in PER for PGs in the league
17.2 PPG
4.1 APG
3.3 RPG
.8 SPG

.472 FG%
.386 3pt%
.938 FT%

Now, you may not completely agree with PER, but you can't argue that it is not a decent indicator of how players are playing. All three of these guys have arguments. Jameer is having a great season statistically across the board, but his shooting efficiency is insane for a PG. Rondo is dishing out the ball great, but isn't scoring as much. But, he is the best defender out of the 3. Mo is scoring better than both of them. (This is understanding that all three are on arguably the best team in the league)

I guess you can make arguments for Calderon, Bibby, Andre Miller, but I don't think they stack up to the other 4 when you combine stats and team success.

So the bottom line is that it's ridiculous to say that any of these players are absolutely NOT an all-star. When every NBA analysis in the country is putting these guys in the ASG discussion, then they somewhat deserve to be in the mix.

That's all I have right now, folks...

Fitz303 wrote: And what PG do you think should be in over Nelson? The only one that has a case is Rondo, and I would personally take Nelson right now

I just don't like the notion of putting in Jameer in as an AS by default. There aren't really any stand out PGs in the East this year. He's not putting up eye gouging numbers each and every day, but he is the maestro one of the best teams in the league, and I'll give him that. But, I don't see him as an All-Star, in the same light I do a Chris Paul, Deron Williams (if that makes sense).

Every player can reasonably put into any discussion. You can even reasonably put in Durant into the MVP discussion (if you try hard enough to do so), but that doesn't mean he deserves it or should win it, because he obviously won't.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
dreamcloud
Analyst
And1: 464

Post#78 » by dreamcloud » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:26 pm

MagicNolesFSU wrote:
Flash3 wrote:
Fitz303 wrote:
I know right? How did he get in over Mario Chalmers? Man, the rookie game and now this? Chalmers gets robbed again!!!! :oops:

What are you upset over?

Yeah man, he sucks. Keep crying

Attack the post/subject, not the poster.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#79 » by Flash3 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:37 pm

rsavaj wrote:I don't think Nash is going to be voted in, since they won't give Phoenix three all stars(even though Nash/Shaq deserve it more than Amare this year) so I doubt the veracity of these rosters.

But then, do you put in Parker over Nash? -- I mean, you can make a case for and against either one of them, and you wouldn't be wrong one bit.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
manou
Rookie
And1: 422

Post#80 » by manou » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:39 pm

Flash3 wrote:But then, do you put in Parker over Nash? -- I mean, you can make a case for and against either one of them, and you wouldn't be wrong one bit.

Well if it's even between them, then Parker it should be, because of the team record, and because Parker destroyed Nash in the last playoff series.

Return to The General Board