Bynum goes down, LOOKS BAD

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

jirojan
Rookie
And1: 231

Re: Bynum goes down, LOOKS BAD 

Post#201 » by jirojan » Sun Feb 1, 2009 11:09 am

question to those few butt hurt cats fans...

why would you want to make the playoffs anyways? you arent going to even have a chance at sniffing more than one game in the first round...why not just hope for the best in the lottery?

that was nasty, but it looks more like a sprain or hyperextension
Ghosten
Junior
And1: 0

Post#202 » by Ghosten » Sun Feb 1, 2009 11:28 am

jirojan wrote:question to those few butt hurt cats fans...

why would you want to make the playoffs anyways? you arent going to even have a chance at sniffing more than one game in the first round...why not just hope for the best in the lottery?

that was nasty, but it looks more like a sprain or hyperextension

Not a Bobcats fan, but that is some straight BS. A young team like the Cats is always better off getting some playoff experience then being the draft. Those young guys are never going to get better until they figure out what they need to be when it really matters.

As a Blazer fan, I say Bynum getting hurt just goes to show everyone that KARMA is a B***h.
:party:
The Laker Kid wrote:I think Posey is better than Wade.. even when he was in Miami

:rofl2:
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#203 » by That Nicka » Sun Feb 1, 2009 11:36 am

you guys are making it sound like Bynum bodyslammed Wallace then stabbed him in the lung... He committed a flagrant foul. What center hasnt? We've all seen much worse
Point forward
Head Coach
And1: 285

Post#204 » by Point forward » Sun Feb 1, 2009 11:51 am

Gee, that sucks for Bynum. Hope he comes back soon.
Jogi Löw to Mario Götze wrote:Show the world that you are better than Messi.
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#205 » by spectre_ » Sun Feb 1, 2009 12:33 pm

Hopefully Bynum is ok. I wouldn't wish injury to any player.

sarah42 wrote:i personally don't watch enough of him to call him that. to each his own. he seemed like he felt bad for what he did. or else why would he call gerald to see if he was okay? i think he even went to the hospital.

Do you have a link for that?

As Hamilton said, Crash getting hurt pretty much screwed us. We'd won 6 of 8 before this incident and now there's no telling when we win our next game. Being only a 5th year team we've not been able to build up a starting group AND a bench, so losing one starter...and especially this starter...pretty much dooms us.

Some might not like the bitterness, but it's going to be there nonetheless.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
Lazy Faizy
Veteran
And1: 1,906

Post#206 » by Lazy Faizy » Sun Feb 1, 2009 1:45 pm

How in the world is this karma?! Bynum apologized to both Larry Brown and Gerald Wallace himself after that flagrant foul he committed (thats all it was...nothing more, nothing less). Wasn't Larry Brown the one who said something along the lines of "this is the same kid that waited by our bus after the game to apologize" - Bynum WAITED by the Bobcats bus after the game to say sorry...what more could he do? Bynum is actually probably one of the nicest guys in the league. Anyway, good luck to him recovering and to the Lakers without him, those screams were pretty scary.

EDIT: Its right here...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketba ... lace_N.htm
Charlotte coach Larry Brown, however, was against upgrading to the more serious flagrant-2.

Brown told The Charlotte Observer, "That kid (Bynum) waited at our bus, trying to get to Gerald, and he apologized to me. If he had a history of that (rough play), I might feel different, but I just think it was a hard foul."
Bizz
Senior
And1: 322

Post#207 » by Bizz » Sun Feb 1, 2009 2:31 pm

Well this happened because Buynum is really injury prone. He gets injured alot. he only played 82 games once in his career and is an injury waiting to happen. Out of all the centres in the NBA only Buynum and Yao would get injured on that play.

OK forget what I just wrote above. This is my strange way of proving a point to some (Please Use More Appropriate Word) LAL fans who came on GB after Wallace injury talking BS. Too lazy to look up all the posts but here is one:
there is nothing wrong with the hit Bynum put on him. There are only two people in the league who would have gotten injured from that collision. One is Gerald Wallace, the other is Tracy McGrady. A dirty hit would have been if he had clotheslined him instead. If you aren't willing to get hit, stay out of the paint. Wallace knew what would happen and was fine with that, I don't get why you guys are making a big deal about this. These things happen a lot, the only reason this is different is because of the fragile nature of the player whom the hit was put on.

But being serious I hope that his injury is not as bad as it looks. I am a Bobcat fan but come playoff time I start chearing for LA. I like them the most of all the contenders (CLE, ORL, BOS, SAS) and hope they win a ring this year. But I have a feeling that they will need buynum for that, so I hopes he will be full strength before playoffs.
podrywacz
Freshman

Post#208 » by podrywacz » Sun Feb 1, 2009 3:51 pm

Da Next Tmac wrote:How in the world is this karma?! Bynum apologized to both Larry Brown and Gerald Wallace himself after that flagrant foul he committed ....

Charlotte coach Larry Brown, however, was against upgrading to the more serious flagrant-2.

Brown told The Charlotte Observer, "That kid (Bynum) waited at our bus, trying to get to Gerald, and he apologized to me. If he had a history of that (rough play), I might feel different, but I just think it was a hard foul."

yeah
karma baby! Bynum injured gwall .it was a damn nasty foul.

whether bynum did that **** purposely or not he caused a young athlete got injured badly.

i dont think if i was gerald i would accept Bynum's apology.it was too late.

bynum is a professional basketball player so he should have been aware of nasty moves could bring serious injuries for the opponent.

Is really that easy ? you kill a man and apologize from his family. i m terribly regretful i didnt mean it. sorry!

wouldnt get **** back...
dingclancy
Analyst
And1: 90

Post#209 » by dingclancy » Sun Feb 1, 2009 3:51 pm

Latest on injury:

“Pau Gasol, who obviously knows people here with his former team, said he spoke with the Memphis Grizzlies’ team doctors who examined Bynum, and they believed Bynum might have averted major damage and “it’s probably nothing too serious.”
“They seem pretty optimistic,” Gasol told me … with his fingers crossed.”

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/bynu ... 5-put-knee
dingclancy
Analyst
And1: 90

Post#210 » by dingclancy » Sun Feb 1, 2009 3:54 pm

podrywacz wrote:
Da Next Tmac wrote:How in the world is this karma?! Bynum apologized to both Larry Brown and Gerald Wallace himself after that flagrant foul he committed ....

yeah
karma baby! Bynum injured gwall .it was a damn nasty foul.

whether bynum did that **** purposely or not he caused a young athlete got injured badly.

i dont think if i was gerald i would accept Bynum's apology.it was too late.

bynum is a professional basketball player so he should have been aware of nasty moves could bring serious injuries for the opponent.

Is really that easy ? you kill a man and apologize from his family. i m terribly regretful i didnt mean it. sorry!

wouldnt get **** back...

Lol I hope Cats do not win anytime soon. RealGM will be infested with dumb fans.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,138

Post#211 » by Sedale Threatt » Sun Feb 1, 2009 3:55 pm

Great update, thanks.
SH00t3mup
Ballboy

Post#212 » by SH00t3mup » Sun Feb 1, 2009 4:07 pm

He got injured in a Grizzle game last year too =/ sucks for him
TommyTheCat
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#213 » by TommyTheCat » Sun Feb 1, 2009 4:12 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:

As a fan who hates dirty plays, I know where you're coming from.

Obviously, the Kobe/Bynum injury was an accident.

The Bynum/Wallace injury was not. Bynum barrelled into him, not only full speed, but lowering his shoulder into wallace's ribs at the same time. It was a football hit into an unsuspecting player in the air. I was stunned that the league didn't suspend Bynum. I'd gave given him 10 games for that. I think, that kind of hit has no place in the NBA.

But, oddly enough, both Larry Brown and Ray Felton said that Bynum shouldn't be suspended. Not sure what to say about that.

you could just say that brown and felton know a hell of a lot more about basketball than you do and understand the difference between a play with malicious intent and a boneheaded move.
jflipclip
Pro Prospect
And1: 4

Post#214 » by jflipclip » Sun Feb 1, 2009 4:28 pm

And boom goes the Bynumite.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#215 » by Flash3 » Sun Feb 1, 2009 4:29 pm

What's the status on the kid this morning?
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#216 » by doc.end » Sun Feb 1, 2009 4:36 pm

Kobe, Kobe, Kobe!
doc.end
General Manager

Post#217 » by doc.end » Sun Feb 1, 2009 5:15 pm

dingclancy wrote:
Lol I hope Cats do not win anytime soon. RealGM will be infested with dumb fans.

Are that dumb to think that anyone who would bash Bynum for what he did must be a (obviously biased in your eyes) Bobcats fan? Oh, wait you are Lakers fan...
doc.end
General Manager

Post#218 » by doc.end » Sun Feb 1, 2009 5:16 pm

TommyTheCat wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:

As a fan who hates dirty plays, I know where you're coming from.

Obviously, the Kobe/Bynum injury was an accident.

The Bynum/Wallace injury was not. Bynum barrelled into him, not only full speed, but lowering his shoulder into wallace's ribs at the same time. It was a football hit into an unsuspecting player in the air. I was stunned that the league didn't suspend Bynum. I'd gave given him 10 games for that. I think, that kind of hit has no place in the NBA.

But, oddly enough, both Larry Brown and Ray Felton said that Bynum shouldn't be suspended. Not sure what to say about that.

you could just say that brown and felton know a hell of a lot more about basketball than you do and understand the difference between a play with malicious intent and a boneheaded move.

Or they can predict Stern and act accordiongly.
YaoisGodsAnswer
Senior

Post#219 » by YaoisGodsAnswer » Sun Feb 1, 2009 5:25 pm

Feel Bad for Bynum hearing this kid scream in pain while it seems like no one can help ease his pain.

This was reminiscent to Yao's Season ending injury against the Clippers. But just X2 by the way Bynum was screaming and the way it seemed like Kobe bending Bynum's knee joint from the side.

Doesn't look too good even after the post game interview.
InBoobieWeTrust
General Manager

Post#220 » by InBoobieWeTrust » Sun Feb 1, 2009 5:41 pm

What time are they doing the MRI?

Return to The General Board