Bynum goes down, LOOKS BAD

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

durka
Starter
And1: 1,031

Re: Bynum goes down, LOOKS BAD 

Post#341 » by durka » Mon Feb 2, 2009 8:43 pm

TradeMachine wrote:What's Chris Wallace up to?

Maybe he can trade 'em Gay and Mayo for Odom?

Cmon now look who we're talking about. A more realistic trade would be Mayo, Gay and Gasol for Radoman, Walton and Mihm. Book it. You heard it here first. My sources are legit, don't ask for a link and when I'm right on the prediction... I mean breaking story... I'll come back to rub it in your faces.
sefant77
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#342 » by sefant77 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 8:47 pm

Karma is such a bitch, wow.

First he takes another player with a dumb play out, should get suspended for that Memphis game but the NBA doesnt suspend him and then he get his knee blown out by his own teammate...amazing...

And the second time against Memphis...late payback for the Gasol trade?

Hey, Bosh doesnt like Toronto anymore. Odom+Farmar+Pick for Bosh :lol: :lol:
Chubby Chaser
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#343 » by Chubby Chaser » Mon Feb 2, 2009 8:51 pm

The worst part is other fans are going to forget how Beastly bynum has been. He finally just started getting back to form and playing how he was last year before he got hurt. He was 20+ and 10+ boards with 3+ blks. He's the difference maker on our team. We take Boston in the finals last year with a healthy Bynum. Bynum and Pau> KG and Perkins. Now it's a struggle to just get rebounds with Bynum out. :evil:

Beware of the emergence of Josh Powell....
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#344 » by semi-sentient » Mon Feb 2, 2009 8:51 pm

semi-sentient wrote:Damn, that really sucks. I was hoping it was just a hyper-extension and sprain. I don't believe we'll see a repeat of the fiasco that happened last season which kept Bynum out for so long. As you may recall, he had surgery late in May as a result of remaining debris from his dislocated knee cap, so I don't see that happening again.

Lamar Odom is going to have to step it up like he did for us last season (he was phenomenal the last half of the season), and so was Gasol. We can deal with this injury as long as we don't have any more to any starters, so I think we'll be fine. If Cleveland can still kick ass with Igs out for 6 weeks, then we should be able to weather this storm as well. We're fortunate as hell to be as deep as we are.

As far as the playoffs go, as long as Bynum can be ready to go just before they start then we should be in good shape. He can get his conditioning back over the first couple of rounds so that he'll be ready for when we really need him in the WC/NBA Finals.

Get well soon Bynum.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
JustBlaze52
Senior

Post#345 » by JustBlaze52 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 8:52 pm

Who's injury prone now? This is karma for all the Laker fans who were hoping Oden would go down. KARRRMAAA.

Oh and durka are you freaking kidding me? Yeah I'm sure the Grizzlies would trade all of their best young talent for Lamar Odom and a couple role players. :lol:
The NBA, where 5 on 8 happens.
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#346 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 8:56 pm

Other teams fans coming in here yelling karma and laughing is classless, but its all good. What goes around comes around.
sefant77
Banned User

Post#347 » by sefant77 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 8:58 pm

I was not laughing.

For me this is really amazing weird what happened after the not-suspension.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,217

Post#348 » by Sedale Threatt » Mon Feb 2, 2009 8:58 pm

JustBlaze52 wrote:Who's injury prone now? This is karma for all the Laker fans who were hoping Oden would go down. KARRRMAAA.

Oh and durka are you freaking kidding me? Yeah I'm sure the Grizzlies would trade all of their best young talent for Lamar Odom and a couple role players. :lol:

Yes, genius, he was indeed kidding. Way to sniff it out.
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#349 » by Chubby Chaser » Mon Feb 2, 2009 8:58 pm

JustBlaze52 wrote:Who's injury prone now? This is karma for all the Laker fans who were hoping Oden would go down. KARRRMAAA.

Bynum is legit though. Oden is just trying to not be a bust. More and more he's looking like an Eric Dampier player.
LA12
Junior

Post#350 » by LA12 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:00 pm

Who's injury prone now? This is karma for all the Laker fans who were hoping Oden would go down. KARRRMAAA.

From one Blazer fan to another...STFU and show some class.
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#351 » by That Nicka » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:01 pm

Fans of other teams are going to come out and talk ish now, but Lakers still have the same team that made it to the Finals last year.... Odom will be inserted back into the starting lineup and step his game up. Kobe is still capable of taking it to another level.

Hopefully the injury was diagnosed right and Bynum has no hiccups... If he can make it back in time to get a few games under his belt heading into the playoffs then watch out league... I still like our chances this season
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#352 » by Chubby Chaser » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:01 pm

Not surprised by the classlessness of other fan bases. This is good news to them. With Andrew out the league is wide open now. Because NO ONE wanted to face a healthy Lakers squad in a seven game series. I don't blame them. Fully healthy, no team can match up with our starting 5 and our depth over the course of a seven game series.
TrevorAriza
Sophomore

Post#353 » by TrevorAriza » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:04 pm

Some guys on this board are really efed up. My heart is broken from the news, please stop rubbing it in...
amb1ent
Veteran
And1: 17

Post#354 » by amb1ent » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:05 pm

"class" is an am radio talking point. why's it such a big deal someone you'll never meet is giggling over an injury to a player you have a tenuous connection to?
USA
Banned User
And1: 455

Post#355 » by USA » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:05 pm

Sucks for Drew and us Laker fans. People calling him injury prone are funny. He was injured both times by someone falling into him, both times were out of his control. It is not like he blew out him knee standing up from the sofa or something like that.
Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Post#356 » by Wade2k6 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:08 pm

USA wrote:Sucks for Drew and us Laker fans. People calling him injury prone are funny. He was injured both times by someone falling into him, both times were out of his control. It is not like he blew out him knee standing up from the sofa or something like that.

Same reason why people called D-Wade injury prone when he separated his shoulder on a freak-type play. You're going to hear it for a whole nother year so I'd get used to it and just not listen to it..
BballFanAddict
Analyst
And1: 36
Location: "The face of a child says a lot, especially the mouth part."

Post#357 » by BballFanAddict » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:09 pm

Chubby Chaser wrote:Not surprised by the classlessness of other fan bases. This is good news to them. With Andrew out the league is wide open now. Because NO ONE wanted to face a healthy Lakers squad in a seven game series. I don't blame them. Fully healthy, no team can match up with our starting 5 and our depth over the course of a seven game series.

Chubby - stop being a hypocrit. You cannot call someone else classless after stooping to their level and calling Oden a bust - it makes you classless.

I for one am not happy to see anyone getting injured. And, as a fan of the game, I want to see the Lakers, Celtics, and all the top teams compete with their complete teams.

I cannot prevent other Blazer fans from being idiots about it. But you can stop from stooping to their levels and or calling out entire fan bases.
wigglestrue
RealGM
And1: 170

Post#358 » by wigglestrue » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:10 pm

We take Boston in the finals last year with a healthy Bynum.

Right. Hell, if Bynum had been healthy and playing, maybe the Lakers still would have lost last year and again this year, who knows. But with him out of commission again, you are assured of repeating as What If NBA Champions, regardless of whether you actually win. Remember when a healthy McHale and ROY candidate Len Bias led the 1987 Celtics to their What If Championship over the Lakers? Good times.

Bynum's injury sucks. But using it as an excuse only compounds the sucking.

Hopefully he's back for the playoffs, and in pretty good shape.
We all want to see a full-strength Lakers, regardless of who we root for.
0:01.8 A. Walker makes 3-pt shot from 28 ft (assist by E. Williams) +3 109-108
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_9qvmXiEuU
microfib4thewin
Head Coach
And1: 454

Post#359 » by microfib4thewin » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:12 pm

I still don't know where Blazer fans get the perception the majority of Oden haters are Laker fans. Aside from a few Oden vs Bynum debate most Laker fans either don't care what happens to Oden or does not harbor any negative feelings toward him. FYI when you have a prospect that is as hyped as Oden, there will alot of naysayers when something goes wrong, and Laker fans are a small minority.
superBlazerFan
Junior
And1: 32

Post#360 » by superBlazerFan » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:17 pm

Chubby Chaser wrote:Not surprised by the classlessness of other fan bases. This is good news to them. With Andrew out the league is wide open now. Because NO ONE wanted to face a healthy Lakers squad in a seven game series. I don't blame them. Fully healthy, no team can match up with our starting 5 and our depth over the course of a seven game series.
brittle knee bynum is down again.. looks like your going to have to start crying yourself to sleep again like last year

Return to The General Board