Bynum goes down, LOOKS BAD

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

durka
Starter
And1: 1,031

Re: Bynum goes down, LOOKS BAD 

Post#361 » by durka » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:17 pm

JustBlaze52 wrote:Who's injury prone now? This is karma for all the Laker fans who were hoping Oden would go down. KARRRMAAA.

Oh and durka are you freaking kidding me? Yeah I'm sure the Grizzlies would trade all of their best young talent for Lamar Odom and a couple role players. :lol:

First of all, Lamar Odom wasn't even in my trade buddy.

Second, it was a joke. How you didn't realize that truley baffels me.

Third, you're either 10 years old or your an absolutly sick person to be genuinly happy that another man tore something in their leg. I'm banking on the fact that your 10 years old.
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#362 » by That Nicka » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:18 pm

microfib4thewin wrote:I still don't know where Blazer fans get the perception the majority of Oden haters are Laker fans. Aside from a few Oden vs Bynum debate most Laker fans either don't care what happens to Oden or does not harbor any negative feelings toward him. FYI when you have a prospect that is as hyped as Oden, there will alot of naysayers when something goes wrong, and Laker fans are a small minority.

Blazer fans hate everything Laker because we've beat them and crushed their hopes and dreams time and time again... and they've beat us in the playoffs like... once.... Let them be bitter, who cares
Chubby Chaser
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#363 » by Chubby Chaser » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:19 pm

BballFanAddict wrote:
Chubby Chaser wrote:Not surprised by the classlessness of other fan bases. This is good news to them. With Andrew out the league is wide open now. Because NO ONE wanted to face a healthy Lakers squad in a seven game series. I don't blame them. Fully healthy, no team can match up with our starting 5 and our depth over the course of a seven game series.

Chubby - stop being a hypocrit. You cannot call someone else classless after stooping to their level and calling Oden a bust - it makes you classless.

I for one am not happy to see anyone getting injured. And, as a fan of the game, I want to see the Lakers, Celtics, and all the top teams compete with their complete teams.

I cannot prevent other Blazer fans from being idiots about it. But you can stop from stooping to their levels and or calling out entire fan bases.

Me calling Oden a bust is not classless. It's an opinion on his athletic abilities. Your fellow blazer comrade was basically saying Bynum got what he deserved by getting injured and was rubbing the injury in our faces. That's classless. I hope you have the intelligence to be able to distinguish between the two. There's a difference between thinking a player is not an all-star/superstar player, and being happy that a player got hurt. That is classless.
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#364 » by Chubby Chaser » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:23 pm

That Nicka wrote:
microfib4thewin wrote:I still don't know where Blazer fans get the perception the majority of Oden haters are Laker fans. Aside from a few Oden vs Bynum debate most Laker fans either don't care what happens to Oden or does not harbor any negative feelings toward him. FYI when you have a prospect that is as hyped as Oden, there will alot of naysayers when something goes wrong, and Laker fans are a small minority.

Blazer fans hate everything Laker because we've beat them and crushed their hopes and dreams time and time again... and they've beat us in the playoffs like... once.... Let them be bitter, who cares

+1 Blazer fans love to mention our names, and claim to have a "huge rivalry" with the lakers because of past playoff series. But Lakers fans don't really care at all about them. I don't think we ever have. Frankly, we got bigger fish to fry.
T-mac_1_175
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#365 » by T-mac_1_175 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:26 pm

Sad news for Bynum and the Lakers as they were scary and nobody wanted a piece of this fully healthy team. Maybe he can rehab and get back a little sooner then expected.
sarah42
Starter
And1: 2

Post#366 » by sarah42 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:30 pm

Chubby Chaser wrote:The worst part is other fans are going to forget how Beastly bynum has been. He finally just started getting back to form and playing how he was last year before he got hurt. He was 20+ and 10+ boards with 3+ blks. He's the difference maker on our team. We take Boston in the finals last year with a healthy Bynum. Bynum and Pau> KG and Perkins. Now it's a struggle to just get rebounds with Bynum out. :evil:

Beware of the emergence of Josh Powell....

delusional or are you forgetting what happened last year. which team beat the other twice, by about 20 points each time. and one time without their starting point guard. don't blame the short shorts either.

it wasn't the lakers.

stop taking away from the team that beat you fair and square. the lakers couldn't even defend a less than 100% paul pierce.
inmate347 wrote:
BTW, I still maintain that the 1984 Denver Broncos are Lebron's father
coolblade587
Banned User

Post#367 » by coolblade587 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:31 pm

IMO

1) This isn't that major as far as the Lakers record goes, they can afford to lose some games and still end up with the best record in the west

2) I still believe that the Lakers can beat the Cavs or Magic if they meet in the Finals, not the Celtics though

3) He may come back and continue his performance (i'm pretty sure he's coming back a couple of weeks before the playoffs, that should give him some kind of time to get back in shape, etc. though the Lakers chemistry may get screwed up a little bit)

4) Gasol has been better this year than he was last year, not just because Bynum has been in the lineup, but because he has moved his game up another notch.

5) The Lakers have gained experience and they know what it takes to win without Bynum

6) Any team has a chance to win anything as long as they put their heart and effort into it (The Lakers moral and their mindset will determine if they win a championship or not with or without Bynum.

With that said, I don't think it's as bad of a loss as everyone thinks and their championship run isn't over yet.
coolblade587
Banned User

Post#368 » by coolblade587 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:37 pm

Chubby Chaser wrote:The worst part is other fans are going to forget how Beastly bynum has been. He finally just started getting back to form and playing how he was last year before he got hurt. He was 20+ and 10+ boards with 3+ blks. He's the difference maker on our team. We take Boston in the finals last year with a healthy Bynum. Bynum and Pau> KG and Perkins. Now it's a struggle to just get rebounds with Bynum out. :evil:

Ok, I can agree with everything you said except that right there. You can't just say that with Bynum you could have won, Experience, Leadership, Coaching, and etc. goes into all that stuff. I could name a numerous things that the Celtics had over the Lakers and Bynum wouldn't have changed any of that. That's just homerism at its best if you say you would have won against the Celtics with Bynum, just let it go, they beat yall fair and square. They beat you guys in every way, coming back (game 3 or 4, forget which one), blowing out (game 6), 4th quarter execution (games 1 and 2), that is history now, they beat you guys, nothing you can do about that.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#369 » by TonyMontana » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:41 pm

sarah42 wrote:
delusional or are you forgetting what happened last year. which team beat the other twice, by about 20 points each time. and one time without their starting point guard. don't blame the short shorts either.

it wasn't the lakers.

stop taking away from the team that beat you fair and square. the lakers couldn't even defend a less than 100% paul pierce.

You know what Sarah......... Your board and most of your fans have been really classy and respectful about Bynums Injury and friend to friend dont ruin. Not that you are, but I think the focus of this thread is Bynum and not last years title.

As far as the Blazer fans that are on here talking their mess, you guys arent even in the same league as the Lakers or the Spurs or anyone else to be exact.
You guys need to get past the ping pong balls for me and others to even take you seriously.
sarah42
Starter

Post#370 » by sarah42 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:43 pm

it was game 4 for the comeback. very memorable for both sides.

with that said, those who are happy bynum is injured and are yelling "karma" ...really? i can't wait to see your reaction when your fav player is down for the season. now THATS karma.

morons!
inmate347 wrote:
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#371 » by Chubby Chaser » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:43 pm

coolblade587 wrote:

Ok, I can agree with everything you said except that right there. You can't just say that with Bynum you could have won, Experience, Leadership, Coaching, and etc. goes into all that stuff. I could name a numerous things that the Celtics had over the Lakers and Bynum wouldn't have changed any of that. That's just homerism at its best if you say you would have won against the Celtics with Bynum, just let it go, they beat yall fair and square. They beat you guys in every way, coming back (game 3 or 4, forget which one), blowing out (game 6), 4th quarter execution (games 1 and 2), that is history now, they beat you guys, nothing you can do about that.

They did beat us last year. I'm not saying they didn't. They beat our lakers team last year. But one could also say that they didn't beat our full team in the finals. They beat a depleted lakers team. And they beat that team. No arguments here. In my mind tho, their win last year will have an asterisk by it until they can beat our full team in a 7 game series.
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 495

Post#372 » by Showtime:Part2 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:44 pm

we didn't play one game against the C's until this season in which we had both bynum and pau. if we had bynum in any of the reg season or playoff games last yr aginst them, the outcome would have been different.
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
civic10sec
Junior

Post#373 » by civic10sec » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:45 pm

Doctor on espn 710 said worst case Andrew should miss 8-12 weeks. Said a total tear of the MCL takes 6-8 weeks to heal.
sarah42
Starter

Post#374 » by sarah42 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:45 pm

tony - i don't think i wrote anything out of line. its just, come on - the c's won fair and square.

i'm not the only one who has responded to that quote by that laker fan. it is what it is.
inmate347 wrote:
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#375 » by semi-sentient » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:46 pm

One of the team doctors was on the radio not too long ago (he may still be on -- they are posting info on the Lakers board) and stated that 8-12 weeks was an extremely conservative timetable for Bynum's return. He stated that Bynum will likely be out 6-8 weeks, but the Lakers staff are going with the former simply due to what happened last season which is unlikely to repeat itself. That's good news, for us Lakers fans at least.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
coolblade587
Banned User

Post#376 » by coolblade587 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:47 pm

sarah42 wrote:it was game 4 for the comeback. very memorable for both sides.

with that said, those who are happy bynum is injured and are yelling "karma" ...really? i can't wait to see your reaction when your fav player is down for the season. now THATS karma.

morons!

lol.. The only people that can really get away with that are Rockets fans, our players are all injury prone one way or another, they are always going to remain injured, sometimes maybe severe, sometimes not. But, us Rockets fans are always show class to other teams when it comes to injuries, we probably have had the most injuries in the last 5 years. Anyways, it is sad to see all these classless and disrespectful fans though, I wouldn't wish an injury on anyone. I mean, any other means but wishing someone to go through pain would be a wiser choice.
kdot99
Veteran
And1: 212

Post#377 » by kdot99 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:47 pm

If the Lakers make the finals this year, does anyone actually think Bynum will play? I think the chances are less than 50/50 cause it's likely that either a) The Lakers fabricate his injury 2) He's a slow healer.
coolblade587
Banned User

Post#378 » by coolblade587 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:49 pm

Showtime:Part2 wrote:we didn't play one game against the C's until this season in which we had both bynum and pau. if we had bynum in any of the reg season or playoff games last yr aginst them, the outcome would have been different.

Of course, it could have been better or worse, but you can't say that the Lakers would win. You can't say they would have a better chance either.
sarah42
Starter

Post#379 » by sarah42 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:51 pm

living in the world of what ifs is sad. what if david tryee didn't catch that ball? what if len bias had lived...more celtic champhionships? blah, blah blah.

get over it. btw, would the lakers had gone after pau if bynum wasn't done for the season?
so are you saying the lakers would have won last year with bynum and no gasol? are you sure about that?

thats a big claim. to each his own.
inmate347 wrote:
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#380 » by LLcoleJ » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:52 pm

My guess is Bynum will be back before the playoffs. Given what the Dr. said about these types of injuries.

torn MCL's are pretty commonplace these days in sports and just need time. Hopefully, all goes well in his rehab.

That being said, the Lakers will have to step up and carry this team without him for now. This is the same team that went to the finals last year ( without Bynum and Ariza) So, I am confident we can hold the fort down until drew gets back on the court.

It is a bad setback, but everything is not lost.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags

Return to The General Board