Bynum goes down, LOOKS BAD

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

coolblade587
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Bynum goes down, LOOKS BAD 

Post#401 » by coolblade587 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:19 pm

I agree with that Nicka, I don't believe Bynum is that much of a major component as you think. I mean, you keep saying a much different outcome, that's basically saying you guys would have won. There's no other outcome to it.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#402 » by LLcoleJ » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:20 pm

So people actually believe that Karma is the way universe works? I don't disagree with the notion, but I don't believe it to be some sort of governing law. The sad thing is people here do.

I see. Well, I am going to go help an old lady across the street, maybe I will win the lottery!
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
coolblade587
Banned User

Post#403 » by coolblade587 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:21 pm

Let me also add this... you are also saying you guys were a DEPLETED, no I'm sorry, that teams was no where close to depleted. They played an 85-90% healthy Lakers team.
Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Post#404 » by Wade2k6 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:22 pm

Chubby Chaser wrote:
That Nicka wrote:Even looking at things from a defensive perspective, Bynum is much closer to Perkins than he is to KG

That's not nearly the case. Perkins does not protect the paint like Bynum does. Perkins is not a legit 7 footer that can shut down Duncan like Bynum did. GIve me a break.

And still, Bynum is closer to Perkins then he is KG.
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#405 » by Chubby Chaser » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:22 pm

Purple Palace wrote:
Chubby Chaser wrote:
JustBlaze52 wrote:Who's injury prone now? This is karma for all the Laker fans who were hoping Oden would go down. KARRRMAAA.

Oh and durka are you freaking kidding me? Yeah I'm sure the Grizzlies would trade all of their best young talent for Lamar Odom and a couple role players. :lol:

Bynum is legit though. Oden is just trying to not be a bust. More and more he's looking like an Eric Dampier player.

Bynum will have played 81 out of his last 164 possible games..

Far from legit. Solid in the few amount of games he plays, sure...but legit? No. He can't stay on the court..Yao-esque.

So you're saying Yao isn't legit? I'd like to see that argument. We've all seen Bynum go beastly and put up consecutive monster games. Sure they've been cut short due to freak injuries, but we know that he's got it. He's head and shoulders a better offensive player than Oden and Dwight. Dwight's a better defender and rebounder than both. But Bynum's better at rebounding then Oden, but a wash at blocking shots. Although, Bynum can stay in games and knows how to play defense without fouling.
ConverseChris
Banned User

Post#406 » by ConverseChris » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:22 pm

Horford>bynum
eod
Jordan23Forever
General Manager
And1: 54

Post#407 » by Jordan23Forever » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:23 pm

Bergy wrote:So he messed up his knee most likely for the whole season against the Grizz again? Thats pretty ironic.

Fortunately for LA, it was again before the trade deadline. Maybe they can pull a Dwight Howard-for-Farmar deal on the level of the robbery they pulled last year. :P
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#408 » by That Nicka » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:23 pm

Chubby Chaser wrote:
That Nicka wrote:Even looking at things from a defensive perspective, Bynum is much closer to Perkins than he is to KG

That's not nearly the case. Perkins does not protect the paint like Bynum does. Perkins is not a legit 7 footer that can shut down Duncan like Bynum did. GIve me a break.

Kendrick Perkins is one of the best man defenders in the league. He averages 10 rebounds and 2.2 blocks per 36 minutes. Bynum averages 10.1 rebounds and 2.3 blocks per 36 minutes.

IMO Perkins is the slightly better man defender and Bynum is a slightly better help defender. Obviously Bynum is better offensively, but you are under-estimating Perkins impact.. he is a very solid center
That Nicka
Banned User

Post#409 » by That Nicka » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:24 pm

ConverseChris wrote:Horford>bynum
eod

I highly doubt it
casey
General Manager
And1: 7

Post#410 » by casey » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:25 pm

Chubby Chaser wrote:Bynum is legit though. Oden is just trying to not be a bust. More and more he's looking like an Eric Dampier player.

Oden is further along at this point of his career than Bynum was.
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
Jordan23Forever
General Manager
And1: 54

Post#411 » by Jordan23Forever » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:25 pm

Chubby Chaser wrote:Not surprised by the classlessness of other fan bases. This is good news to them. With Andrew out the league is wide open now. Because NO ONE wanted to face a healthy Lakers squad in a seven game series. I don't blame them. Fully healthy, no team can match up with our starting 5 and our depth over the course of a seven game series.

:lol:
BballFanAddict
Analyst
And1: 36
Location: "The face of a child says a lot, especially the mouth part."

Post#412 » by BballFanAddict » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:26 pm

Chubby Chaser wrote:
bballmaniac27 wrote:I gotta say, some of the Blazer fans in here are amazing. I can kind of understand it when bobcat fans are talking about this "karma" business because Bynum did inadvertently injure their guy ... but blazer fans coming in here and crying about karma?? lol give me a break. If you guys really believe in karma then shouldn't you be showing a little more class?

It's the Blazers, what do you expect? The only more classless of a fanbase then them are the Jazz and their relentless booing Derek Fisher's daughter because she had cancer. :evil:

This is exactly what I am talking about, Chubby. You're a complete hypocrit and are being a total tool. Then again, I am not surprised after seeing your other posts.

Some Blazer fans are calling out some Laker fans who piled on when Oden got injured (both times) - that is why they are calling it karma. I am not justifying this, and I do not agree with it.

I am a logical person. Bynum has never done squat to me. And, a number of Blazer fans feel this same way. Just as there are complete idiot Laker fans, who have no class at all, and celebrated Oden's injuries, the Blazer fans have some who act the same way - and or feel justified doing so after Bynum's recent injury.

Calling out an entire fan base because of the few is ignorant, idiotic, and hypocritical. You are what you hate.
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#413 » by Chubby Chaser » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:26 pm

coolblade587 wrote:I agree with that Nicka, I don't believe Bynum is that much of a major component as you think. I mean, you keep saying a much different outcome, that's basically saying you guys would have won. There's no other outcome to it.

You're fooling yourself if you think Bynum doesn't make a big difference to our lakers team. Because he's absolutely HUGE. He's the difference between a ring or not. He is everything we need in the inside. Keep trying to make yourself feel better by beating a depleted lakers team without Bynum last year. Last year's championships gets an asterisk * by it. You won, but didn't play our complete team.
Purple Palace
Rookie
And1: 4

Post#414 » by Purple Palace » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:26 pm

Chubby Chaser wrote:
So you're saying Yao isn't legit? I'd like to see that argument. We've all seen Bynum go beastly and put up consecutive monster games. Sure they've been cut short due to freak injuries, but we know that he's got it. He's head and shoulders a better offensive player than Oden and Dwight. Dwight's a better defender and rebounder than both. But Bynum's better at rebounding then Oden, but a wash at blocking shots. Although, Bynum can stay in games and knows how to play defense without fouling.

It doesn't matter if he's 'got it' when he's always hurt now. Bynum is good (past 2 seasons) when he's healthy, but he's healthy 50% of the time..which is what is Yao-esque about him.
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#415 » by Chubby Chaser » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:29 pm

BballFanAddict wrote:
Chubby Chaser wrote:
bballmaniac27 wrote:I gotta say, some of the Blazer fans in here are amazing. I can kind of understand it when bobcat fans are talking about this "karma" business because Bynum did inadvertently injure their guy ... but blazer fans coming in here and crying about karma?? lol give me a break. If you guys really believe in karma then shouldn't you be showing a little more class?

It's the Blazers, what do you expect? The only more classless of a fanbase then them are the Jazz and their relentless booing Derek Fisher's daughter because she had cancer. :evil:

This is exactly what I am talking about, Chubby. You're a complete hypocrit and a total tool. Then again, I knew that long before this thread was created.

Some Blazer fans are calling out some Laker fans who piled on when Oden got injured (both times) - that is why they are calling it karma. I am not justifying this, and I do not agree with it.

I am a logical person. Bynum has never done squat to me. And, a number of Blazer fans feel this same way. Just as there are complete idiot Laker fans, who have no class at all, and celebrated Oden's injuries, the Blazer fans have some who act the same way - and or feel justified doing so after Bynum's recent injury.

Calling out an entire fan base because of the few is ignorant, idiotic, and hypocritical. You are what you hate.

It's your fanbase acting a fool, and celebrating it. Be mad at your fanbase not me who brings light to it. We've all known the type of fanbase the blazers are before this topic and long before that guy celebrated Bynum's injury. There's no changing it now. It is what it is.
Chris435
Starter
And1: 58

Post#416 » by Chris435 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:31 pm

wow, the wrath of the Chubby Chaser is out in full force tonight
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#417 » by Chubby Chaser » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:35 pm

Chris435 wrote:wow, the wrath of the Chubby Chaser is out in full force tonight

:lol: I'm going to leave the office early and get a drink. This Bynum injury is beyond frustrating.
That Nicka
Banned User

Post#418 » by That Nicka » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:36 pm

casey wrote:Oden is further along at this point of his career than Bynum was.

Not really... Bynum is only 1 year older than Oden and Bynum's 13/10 last year >> than Oden's 9 and 7 this year
coolblade587
Banned User

Post#419 » by coolblade587 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:38 pm

Chubby Chaser wrote:
coolblade587 wrote:I agree with that Nicka, I don't believe Bynum is that much of a major component as you think. I mean, you keep saying a much different outcome, that's basically saying you guys would have won. There's no other outcome to it.

You're fooling yourself if you think Bynum doesn't make a big difference to our lakers team. Because he's absolutely HUGE. He's the difference between a ring or not. He is everything we need in the inside. Keep trying to make yourself feel better by beating a depleted lakers team without Bynum last year. Last year's championships gets an asterisk * by it. You won, but didn't play our complete team.

First of all, I'm not a Celtics fan, if anything I hate the Celtics, I actually like the Lakers more than the Celtics, I'm a Rockets fan. Secondly, I'm not underestimating Bynum's presence, but you keep implying that he would have made such a big difference that you guys would have won the championship if he was there. You are being a homer. I'm not making myself any better, shoot, I could careless who won last year, both franchises are successful winning franchises. You are the one making yourself feel better by putting an asterisk by that championship and saying you had a depleted Lakers team. Basically, what you are saying is the Lakers are godly by that statement. They took the C's to 6 games, most were still close, and if Bynum didn't do it, then someone else picked up the slack, but there's no way in hell you can say that it would have dramatically changed the series with ONE player, who's not even an all-star, more or less the 4th option on your team on offense. The defense wasn't really that big of a problem inside as much as it was outside IMO. Stop kidding yourself, you homer.
EtchenBa
Starter
And1: 573

Post#420 » by EtchenBa » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:45 pm

That Nicka wrote:
casey wrote:Oden is further along at this point of his career than Bynum was.

Not really... Bynum is only 1 year older than Oden and Bynum's 13/10 last year >> than Oden's 9 and 7 this year

Miss that word? And this is Oden's 2nd year (I could argue first, which would strengthen my argument even more, but I won't) and he has 9 and 7. Bynum had 8 and 6

Return to The General Board