Bynum goes down, LOOKS BAD

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

lakegz1
Junior
And1: 6

Re: Bynum goes down, LOOKS BAD 

Post#421 » by lakegz1 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:47 pm

That Nicka wrote:
casey wrote:Oden is further along at this point of his career than Bynum was.

Not really... Bynum is only 1 year older than Oden and Bynum's 13/10 last year >> than Oden's 9 and 7 this year

Actually Bynum is not even a full 3 months older than Oden.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#422 » by TonyMontana » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:48 pm

sarah42 wrote:tony - i don't think i wrote anything out of line. its just, come on - the c's won fair and square.

i'm not the only one who has responded to that quote by that laker fan. it is what it is.

You didnt and props to you and your team, but I think your a bit more classier than falling in baits with nonsense RIGHT?
We will be okay we have been and we always comeback to the top.

Karma or not, its not good to see anyone hurt.
Thats all.
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,875

Post#423 » by The Sebastian Express » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:48 pm

Chubby Chaser wrote:
It's your fanbase acting a fool, and celebrating it. Be mad at your fanbase not me who brings light to it. We've all known the type of fanbase the blazers are before this topic and long before that guy celebrated Bynum's injury. There's no changing it now. It is what it is.

There was like three Blazer fans maybe that posted any joy at Bynum getting injured. Including one, JustBlaze52, who I'm pretty sure in his SIX TOTAL posts has never posted on the Blazer board here on realgm.

Considering there is at least 30 or so of us on the Blazer board, the majority who has expressed regret that Bynum has injured his other knee because he is a good young player, I highly doubt that three Blazer posters expressing 'karma joy' at this injury constitutes an entire fan base.

I doubt Laker fans would like it if they were characterized based on your posts.
casey
General Manager
And1: 7

Post#424 » by casey » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:52 pm

That Nicka wrote:

Not really... Bynum is only 1 year older than Oden and Bynum's 13/10 last year >> than Oden's 9 and 7 this year

NBA experience is a much better thing to go by than age. Last year was Bynum's 3rd NBA season, this year is Oden's 1st.
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
Bruh Man
Analyst
And1: 743

Post#425 » by Bruh Man » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:53 pm

It's all good if you let us borrow Oden for a few month's. :D
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#426 » by That Nicka » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:55 pm

Bynum was a year younger in his 2nd year than Oden is now. Compare their numbers at the same age and Bynum is better
That Nicka
Banned User

Post#427 » by That Nicka » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:56 pm

casey wrote:NBA experience is a much better thing to go by than age.

How so?
BballFanAddict
Analyst
And1: 36
Location: "The face of a child says a lot, especially the mouth part."

Post#428 » by BballFanAddict » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:58 pm

This is a Bynum is injured thread. There truly is not enough data to warrant a comparison between Oden and Bynum. The fact is, Bynum is clearly the better player today. Only time will tell who is better in the future. Its the same with comparing the Lakers to the Blazers.
Bruh Man
Analyst
And1: 743

Post#429 » by Bruh Man » Mon Feb 2, 2009 10:59 pm

casey wrote:
That Nicka wrote:

NBA experience is a much better thing to go by than age. Last year was Bynum's 3rd NBA season, this year is Oden's 1st.

well Bynum came into the league from high school, and was the youngest player to play in the NBA. His first season he barley got any playing time, and last year he was injured for more than half of the season. If you want to compare how both players progressed then you have to take everything into account.
superBlazerFan
Junior
And1: 32

Post#430 » by superBlazerFan » Mon Feb 2, 2009 11:01 pm

The Sebastian Express wrote:
Chubby Chaser wrote:
It's your fanbase acting a fool, and celebrating it. Be mad at your fanbase not me who brings light to it. We've all known the type of fanbase the blazers are before this topic and long before that guy celebrated Bynum's injury. There's no changing it now. It is what it is.

There was like three Blazer fans maybe that posted any joy at Bynum getting injured. Including one, JustBlaze52, who I'm pretty sure in his SIX TOTAL posts has never posted on the Blazer board here on realgm.

Considering there is at least 30 or so of us on the Blazer board, the majority who has expressed regret that Bynum has injured his other knee because he is a good young player, I highly doubt that three Blazer posters expressing 'karma joy' at this injury constitutes an entire fan base.

I doubt Laker fans would like it if they were characterized based on your posts.

dont worry about it. the lakers are looking for some one to blame but the problem is they can only blame kobe
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#431 » by LLcoleJ » Mon Feb 2, 2009 11:02 pm

what does this thread have to do with Oden and the Celtics?
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
erudite23
Lead Assistant
And1: 659

Post#432 » by erudite23 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 11:04 pm

lmao at the guy who said that Bynum is a better rebounder than Oden...that was pretty good.
coolblade587
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#433 » by coolblade587 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 11:06 pm

Phil_2.0 wrote:what does this thread have to do with Oden and the Celtics?

I don't know about Oden, but it was a Lakers fan who brought up the Celtics. I was just trying to counter him as was sarah42. Now that that's over, there's a new thing over Oden vs. Bynum.
thegreatblaze
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#434 » by thegreatblaze » Mon Feb 2, 2009 11:07 pm

This is quickly turning into yet another Bynum vs. Oden thread.

How predictable. :roll:
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#435 » by TonyMontana » Mon Feb 2, 2009 11:09 pm

How many threads ever end up not being derailed???
I mean we started with Bynum, then we went to lessons about Karma, then we went to the Cs winning titles, and now were comparing Bynum to "The Curious Case of Greg Oden."
coolblade587
Banned User

Post#436 » by coolblade587 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 11:12 pm

TonyMontana wrote:

How many threads ever end up not being derailed???
I mean we started with Bynum, then we went to lessons about Karma, then we went to the Cs winning titles, and now were comparing Bynum to "The Curious Case of Greg Oden."

:lol: That was the best thing in this whole thread, that just made me crack up.
casey
General Manager
And1: 7

Post#437 » by casey » Mon Feb 2, 2009 11:14 pm

That Nicka wrote:
casey wrote:NBA experience is a much better thing to go by than age.

How so?

Does it need explanation? As if playing in college or simply not playing at all is the equivalent of playing in the NBA?

Purple 'n Gold wrote:well Bynum came into the league from high school, and was the youngest player to play in the NBA. His first season he barley got any playing time, and last year he was injured for more than half of the season. If you want to compare how both players progressed then you have to take everything into account.

Agreed. And taking everything into account Oden is further along. Not by much, and not that it means anything. I only say it because of the quote I was originally responding to.
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
dreamcloud
Analyst
And1: 464

Post#438 » by dreamcloud » Mon Feb 2, 2009 11:19 pm

Chubby Chaser makes all Laker fans seem like douche bags. The guy needs to be allowed only in the laker board, because the more he posts outside of it, the worse he represents Laker fans.
TrueTaiwanese
Freshman

Post#439 » by TrueTaiwanese » Mon Feb 2, 2009 11:22 pm

dreamcloud wrote:Chubby Chaser makes all Laker fans seem like douche bags. The guy needs to be allowed only in the laker board, because the more he posts outside of it, the worse he represents Laker fans.

+1
That Nicka
Banned User

Post#440 » by That Nicka » Mon Feb 2, 2009 11:23 pm

casey wrote:Does it need explanation? As if playing in college or simply not playing at all is the equivalent of playing in the NBA?

Ok, but when judging players that come from HS, age is much better... I could say that Eddie Jones was better than Kobe as a rookie, or Eddie Jones was "further along" early into their careers.. wth does that mean? Eddie Jones was a 23 year old rookie and Kobe was 18... Likewise with Webber and Garnett... Oden went to college, his first year should be better than Bynum's first year. But compare them at the same age and you will see who was better at that point

Return to The General Board