Bynum goes down, LOOKS BAD

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Derekman
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Bynum goes down, LOOKS BAD 

Post#461 » by Derekman » Tue Feb 3, 2009 12:43 am

These two games against the Cavs/Bos are really going to be interesting. Can they beat them shorthanded?
Kobay
General Manager
And1: 5

Post#462 » by Kobay » Tue Feb 3, 2009 12:53 am

Ariza healthy is huge boost but the paint D looks worst than last year with only gasol, of course puke sucks on that end making it even worst. Need to get home court so you can at least avoid the refs biased calls.
Deity Allah
Junior
And1: 2

Post#463 » by Deity Allah » Tue Feb 3, 2009 12:54 am

TonyMontana wrote:
Deity Allah wrote:
TonyMontana wrote:You see what I mean.... :wink:

Obliged 8-)

Funny, how he just showed his stupidity right after both of our posts. :lol:

:lol: @ me even considering taking it there with a piece of wet tissue who thinks he's Tony Montana 8-)
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#464 » by TonyMontana » Tue Feb 3, 2009 12:59 am

Deity Allah wrote:
:lol: @ me even considering taking it there with a piece of wet tissue who thinks he's Tony Montana 8-)

Okay WOOOO THONG...
What does my username have to do with your immature jokes on someone who just got injured?
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#465 » by Chubby Chaser » Tue Feb 3, 2009 1:29 am

dreamcloud wrote:Chubby Chaser makes all Laker fans seem like douche bags. The guy needs to be allowed only in the laker board, because the more he posts outside of it, the worse he represents Laker fans.

Ha, Don't go all sensitive on me because I drew attention to the fact that one of your fellow Blazer Fans' was giddy with joy when Bynum got injured. It wasn't me displaying classless acts by celebrating another player getting injured. You're just mad that I highlighted the classlessness of yet another one of your fellow Portland Posters. If you want to cry about it go ahead. It is what it is. I'm not afraid to speak the truth on this board. I'm not here to make friends with fan bases from different teams. I'm here to engage in banter, and to point out when other posters are wrong regardless if it may incite some sensitive interweb fans like yourself. If you can't handle the testosterone in here, then may I suggest you sign up for the Hannah Montana message boards? Because last I checked this was still a sports message boards and sensitive emo kids like yourself can't handle the back-and-forths than go on in here.
Young_Star11
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,767

Post#466 » by Young_Star11 » Tue Feb 3, 2009 1:41 am

Lakers made the finals without Bynum. The West has regressed IMO, only SA (because they are like that, winning every two years) is a genuine threat at the moment.

Of the others:
- Hornets have only added Posey and the Lakers always seem to have their measure
- Jazz need to get healthy
- Suns not better with Porter
- Mavs on the slide and lack the mental toughness
- my Rox needing to get past earlier, psychological barriers (i.e. the first round) first; injuries
- Portland, too young right now
quackquack
Senior

Post#467 » by quackquack » Tue Feb 3, 2009 1:53 am

Chubby Chaser wrote:
dreamcloud wrote:Chubby Chaser makes all Laker fans seem like douche bags. The guy needs to be allowed only in the laker board, because the more he posts outside of it, the worse he represents Laker fans.

Ha, Don't go all sensitive on me because I drew attention to the fact that one of your fellow Blazer Fans' was giddy with joy when Bynum got injured. It wasn't me displaying classless acts by celebrating another player getting injured. You're just mad that I highlighted the classlessness of yet another one of your fellow Portland Posters. If you want to cry about it go ahead. It is what it is. I'm not afraid to speak the truth on this board. I'm not here to make friends with fan bases from different teams. I'm here to engage in banter, and to point out when other posters are wrong regardless if it may incite some sensitive interweb fans like yourself. If you can't handle the testosterone in here, then may I suggest you sign up for the Hannah Montana message boards? Because last I checked this was still a sports message boards and sensitive emo kids like yourself can't handle the back-and-forths than go on in here.

lmao... you just proved his point.
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#468 » by Chubby Chaser » Tue Feb 3, 2009 2:00 am

Young_Star11 wrote:Lakers made the finals without Bynum. The West has regressed IMO, only SA (because they are like that, winning every two years) is a genuine threat at the moment.

Of the others:
- Hornets have only added Posey and the Lakers always seem to have their measure
- Jazz need to get healthy
- Suns not better with Porter
- Mavs on the slide and lack the mental toughness
- my Rox needing to get past earlier, psychological barriers (i.e. the first round) first; injuries
- Portland, too young right now

Yeah the west hasn't gotten that much better. But HCA for the playoffs is Huge for us. This will no doubt be a lot tougher to achieve now that Bynum is out for the remainder of the regular season. The Spurs don't really scare me to be honest, we always seem to have their number in the playoffs. The team that scares me out of the west is Houston and the Hornets. If the Rox can somehow get healthy they will be a very tough team to beat in a seven game series with their defense, and Yao, who seems to go off on us every time we play. Also, the Hornetts give us trouble. We struggle immensely against small quick point guards (no surprise there) and CP3 is the best in that position. NOH personnel gives us fits. Especially David West and his mid range jump shot. He absolutely owns lamar when they play each other.
sarah42
Starter
And1: 2

Post#469 » by sarah42 » Tue Feb 3, 2009 2:32 am

lol...this thread was about bynum and his injury.

wow real gm, wow!

just wanted to add this though: chubby chaser, i disagree with you on last years finals, but your avatar is genius.
inmate347 wrote:
BTW, I still maintain that the 1984 Denver Broncos are Lebron's father
IEcelticfan
Bench Warmer

Post#470 » by IEcelticfan » Tue Feb 3, 2009 2:50 am

Chubby Chaser wrote:Not surprised by the classlessness of other fan bases. This is good news to them. With Andrew out the league is wide open now. Because NO ONE wanted to face a healthy Lakers squad in a seven game series. I don't blame them. Fully healthy, no team can match up with our starting 5 and our depth over the course of a seven game series.

Celts fan here. Unfortunate to hear the bad news and hope the kids recovers quickly, godspeed. having said that,

Fully healthy, no team can match up with our starting 5 and our depth over the course of a seven game series.

wow being a bit hypothetical arent we? its alright. we all can dream .... can't we? ;)

this kid will have chronic knee issues yr in and out. i don't care if people choose to label it a coincidence or freak accident or what not. it's not his fault. it is what it is. but it's been 2 yrs in a row now. he'll continually have these knee problems. just saying. just you watch league.
Iggyemu
RealGM

Post#471 » by Iggyemu » Tue Feb 3, 2009 3:37 am

Tough break. Sounds like he'll be back in April some time though.
"One Ring makes a Champion......Six Rings make a Legend" - Michael Jeffrey Jordan
Lost Angel
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,457

Post#472 » by Lost Angel » Tue Feb 3, 2009 3:43 am

this isnt even fair

whyyy
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#473 » by mr_sunshine » Tue Feb 3, 2009 3:48 am

IEcelticfan wrote:
Chubby Chaser wrote:Not surprised by the classlessness of other fan bases. This is good news to them. With Andrew out the league is wide open now. Because NO ONE wanted to face a healthy Lakers squad in a seven game series. I don't blame them. Fully healthy, no team can match up with our starting 5 and our depth over the course of a seven game series.

Celts fan here. Unfortunate to hear the bad news and hope the kids recovers quickly, godspeed. having said that,

Fully healthy, no team can match up with our starting 5 and our depth over the course of a seven game series.

wow being a bit hypothetical arent we? its alright. we all can dream .... can't we? ;)

this kid will have chronic knee issues yr in and out. i don't care if people choose to label it a coincidence or freak accident or what not. it's not his fault. it is what it is. but it's been 2 yrs in a row now. he'll continually have these knee problems. just saying. just you watch league.

Nah man! If Kareem Abdul JabBynum is back for the playoffs the Lakers will win the championship by default. Every team is clearly too scared to even dream of playing them, they'll just all forfeit. Clearly teams like the Magic who beat them twice this season can't match up with the almighty Lakers. :lol:
Retrolock
Pro Prospect
And1: 103

Post#474 » by Retrolock » Tue Feb 3, 2009 4:32 am

Yeah, 2 times in a row and now this time the other knee... Man, Bynum was already blossoming. Laker fans can only hope he shakes off this injury.
XD
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,441

Post#475 » by Dr Aki » Tue Feb 3, 2009 6:11 am

you all watched the finals

you all saw where the lakers fell flat on their faces:
1. interior defense
2. toughness
3. inability to prevent dribble penetration

healthy bynum, healthy ariza with practically the same team as yesteryear??

how isn't it solved? those 2 guys ARE the answers to the celtics

they play those very exact roles for the lakers, its logical that the lakers have a better chance than last year
Kobe>Jordan>God
Analyst
And1: 872

Post#476 » by Kobe>Jordan>God » Tue Feb 3, 2009 8:07 am

All this mangled karma theology talk is insulting to Budhists. Karma is about how the effects of one's actions in the present extend into one's future life. I'm amazed at how many realgm'ers talk as if they believe in reincarnation.
ImageImage
wigglestrue
RealGM
And1: 170

Post#477 » by wigglestrue » Tue Feb 3, 2009 9:36 am

they play those very exact roles for the lakers, its logical that the lakers have a better chance than last year

"A better chance" is more like it.
0:01.8 A. Walker makes 3-pt shot from 28 ft (assist by E. Williams) +3 109-108
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_9qvmXiEuU
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#478 » by rsavaj » Tue Feb 3, 2009 5:51 pm

That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#479 » by That Nicka » Tue Feb 3, 2009 9:04 pm

rsavaj wrote:http://basketbawful.blogspot.com/2009/02/latest-flop-victim-andrew-bynum.html

What do you guys think?

Maybe Kobe was trying to just get the call, but it looked to me like he lost his footing and fell... His body was angled at such a way that he didnt really have his feet under him when he was in the air
Gus McCrae
General Manager
And1: 2,009

Post#480 » by Gus McCrae » Tue Feb 3, 2009 9:48 pm

rsavaj wrote:http://basketbawful.blogspot.com/2009/02/latest-flop-victim-andrew-bynum.html

What do you guys think?

wow, the guy who wrote this is definitely a hater with an agenda. It's insane how bad people hate nowadays. Insinuating that Kobe doesn't care about Bynum but he only cares about his foul call? c'mon man, Kobe wants a ring, and he knows that Bynum plays a major factor in getting it..especially if we play Boston again.

Return to The General Board