WTF Seattle Fans? why Portland???!

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Cro_Ruption
Sixth Man
And1: 93

WTF Seattle Fans? why Portland???! 

Post#1 » by Cro_Ruption » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:15 pm

ok so on realgm front page theirs a article about seattle fans going down to p town to boo the thunder.
Link:http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/57065/20090206/seattle_fans_will_travel_to_portland_to_boo_thunder/

ok so im understanding why they would boo the thunder, because okc took their team but wtf why would they boo portland? [*]When the Thunder play the Blazers in Portland next week, some angry Seattle fans plan to attend the game to "boo both teams."[*]

im not understanding why they would boo portland? are they jealus?Paul allen was the one of the two owners to Vote Against The Movie and the blazers deserve to be booed?

so wtf? this makes me mad that seattle fans would act like that to the portland trailblazers
SharoneWright wrote:I would not trade Bargs for Roy.

Monster or no.

i said it. And I live in a flame retardent suit.
Patterns
Banned User
And1: 18

Re: WTF Seattle Fans? why Portland???! 

Post#2 » by Patterns » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:16 pm

That's funny.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#3 » by 5DOM » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:16 pm

maybe they just hate NBA now.
i would hate it too.
InBoobieWeTrust
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#4 » by InBoobieWeTrust » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:19 pm

Because the Darius Miles' e-mail was sent to the City of Seattle as well by mistake, Larry Miller forgot to take them out of his contacts once Bennett moved the team.
dreamcloud
Analyst
And1: 464

Post#5 » by dreamcloud » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:21 pm

lol, they'll take up probably about 50-100 people out of the 21,000+ fans there, and probably only secured seats for them being at the 300 level, thus making them inaudible and booing pointless
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#6 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:21 pm

They hate everyone! Can't blame them either.
shaqfan1
General Manager
And1: 4

Post#7 » by shaqfan1 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:22 pm

Why are you Portland fans so defensive? Stop trying to get everyone to like you.
DuckIII wrote:All 3 of them joining forces in Miami is the NBA's worst nightmare (shared by TNT, ABC, and ESPN)...it is a simple, irrefutable fact, that Wade/LeBron/Bosh in Miami is pretty much the worst possible result from a business perspective.
Cro_Ruption
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by Cro_Ruption » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:25 pm

shaqfan1 wrote:Why are you Portland fans so defensive? Stop trying to get everyone to like you.

wtf u talkin about? All im saying is why would they hate on portland if our owner voted against the move, and so did all portand fans they didnt want to see the sonics move

Monster or no.

loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#9 » by loserX » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:27 pm

Haven't Seattle fans always booed the Blazers? And vice-versa? They had a long-standing rivalry...I don't see what the big deal is.
Cro_Ruption
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by Cro_Ruption » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:29 pm

loserX wrote:Haven't Seattle fans always booed the Blazers? And vice-versa? They had a long-standing rivalry...I don't see what the big deal is.

They dont have a team anymore, so no rivalry, we and Dallas were the only two teams that supported them during their move

Monster or no.

oaf549
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#11 » by oaf549 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:31 pm

Cro_Ruption wrote:
shaqfan1 wrote:Why are you Portland fans so defensive? Stop trying to get everyone to like you.

wtf u talkin about? All im saying is why would they hate on portland if our owner voted against the move, and so did all portand fans they didnt want to see the sonics move

Maybe they're pissed you guys sent a threatening email about the Darius Miles situation? :lol:
Cro_Ruption
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by Cro_Ruption » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:34 pm

oaf549 wrote:
Cro_Ruption wrote:

Maybe they're pissed you guys sent a threatening email about the Darius Miles situation? :lol:

lol that had nothing to do with seattle fans they could care less

Monster or no.

andalusian
Senior
And1: 305

Post#13 » by andalusian » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:37 pm

InBoobieWeTrust wrote:Because the Darius Miles' e-mail was sent to the City of Seattle as well by mistake, Larry Miller forgot to take them out of his contacts once Bennett moved the team.

I think the Seattle Storm could really use Darius. Maybe they would even win more with him in the lineup than Memphis does.
loserX
And1: 26,046

Post#14 » by loserX » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:37 pm

Cro_Ruption wrote:
loserX wrote:Haven't Seattle fans always booed the Blazers? And vice-versa? They had a long-standing rivalry...I don't see what the big deal is.

They dont have a team anymore, so no rivalry

Says you. I don't much care either way, but long-time die-hard Sonics fans (who would be the ones going, presumably) may want to relive the old days by booing the Blazers. I don't see a big mystery here.
legacyinthemakin89c
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#15 » by legacyinthemakin89c » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:38 pm

Um you guys do realize that Portland is the closest team to the Seattle region, that's the main reason why they picked Portland. Most of them will probably end up rooting for the Blazers by the end of the game, but Portland was their rival for years that's all. Its nothing political, its geographical, do you really expect them to travel to OKC or anywhere else far away to boo the team.
shaqfan1
General Manager
And1: 4

Post#16 » by shaqfan1 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:39 pm

andalusian wrote:I think the Seattle Storm could really use Darius. Maybe they would even win more with him in the lineup than Memphis does.

And I think Portland could really use some sweet grapes, because apparently, all they have right now in Portland are sour grapes.
DuckIII wrote:All 3 of them joining forces in Miami is the NBA's worst nightmare (shared by TNT, ABC, and ESPN)...it is a simple, irrefutable fact, that Wade/LeBron/Bosh in Miami is pretty much the worst possible result from a business perspective.
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#17 » by Blame Rasho » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:47 pm

legacyinthemakin89c wrote:Um you guys do realize that Portland is the closest team to the Seattle region, that's the main reason why they picked Portland. Most of them will probably end up rooting for the Blazers by the end of the game, but Portland was their rival for years that's all. Its nothing political, its geographical, do you really expect them to travel to OKC or anywhere else far away to boo the team.

Too much logic...
andalusian
Senior

Post#18 » by andalusian » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:47 pm

shaqfan1 wrote:
andalusian wrote:I think the Seattle Storm could really use Darius. Maybe they would even win more with him in the lineup than Memphis does.

And I think Portland could really use some sweet grapes, because apparently, all they have right now in Portland are sour grapes.

Boo-hoo. Apparently only making jokes at Portland's expense are OK.

I thought it was funny banter and in the spirit of the thread, I am sorry you disapprove.

Programming note: No Memphis Grizzlies were harmed in the making of this post.
Agenda42
General Manager
And1: 461

Post#19 » by Agenda42 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:47 pm

Cro_Ruption wrote:ok so im understanding why they would boo the thunder, because okc took their team but wtf why would they boo portland?

Seattle and Portland were rivals for a long time, and Seattle fans never have liked the Blazers.
andalusian
Senior

Post#20 » by andalusian » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:50 pm

Agenda42 wrote:
Cro_Ruption wrote:ok so im understanding why they would boo the thunder, because okc took their team but wtf why would they boo portland?

Seattle and Portland were rivals for a long time, and Seattle fans never have liked the Blazers.

On the other hand these guys always liked Nate and both Roy and Webster are local Seattle kids. I am sure there would be a lot of cheering for Portland from enough Seattle fans.

Hey - we all love to make fun of each other's city - but at the end of the day many Portlanders would prefer to live in Seattle than many other cities in the country and vice versa for Seattle residents.

Return to The General Board