WTF Seattle Fans? why Portland???!

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Zin5
Starter
And1: 328

Re: WTF Seattle Fans? why Portland???! 

Post#21 » by Zin5 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:55 pm

Blame Rasho wrote:
legacyinthemakin89c wrote:Um you guys do realize that Portland is the closest team to the Seattle region, that's the main reason why they picked Portland. Most of them will probably end up rooting for the Blazers by the end of the game, but Portland was their rival for years that's all. Its nothing political, its geographical, do you really expect them to travel to OKC or anywhere else far away to boo the team.

Too much logic...

All of this plus I believe there was a bit of a rivalry between the Blazers and the Sonics when they were still in Seattle.

I think it's slightly a classless act, since Paul Allen was one of the only two owners to vote against the move, but the geography and the rivalry leaves Portland making the most sense.
#loveboston
GOAT_Marbury
Rookie
And1: 293

Post#22 » by GOAT_Marbury » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:55 pm

All fans should wear Sonics jerseys to the game!
EGame
Head Coach
And1: 264

Post#23 » by EGame » Sat Feb 7, 2009 12:05 am

Who the F cares? Those measley Sonic fans will be drowned out by the cheers of Trail Blazer fans screaming there heads off as we own OKC.
The Emcee
General Manager
And1: 156

Post#24 » by The Emcee » Sat Feb 7, 2009 12:11 am

Just because the Sonics moved doesn't mean their fans no longer hate us.

That's like expecting us Blazers fans to stop hating the Lakers if our team ever moved.
Malapropism
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,411

Post#25 » by Malapropism » Sat Feb 7, 2009 12:12 am

Wow, no offense or anything, but this just comes down as super whiny.....

Who the hell cares if they boo Portland? They bought the damn tickets, they have the right to boo whoever the **** they want. And this is coming from a Portland fan.
Cro_Ruption
Sixth Man
And1: 93

Post#26 » by Cro_Ruption » Sat Feb 7, 2009 12:14 am

this is from a blazeredge poster who explained everything quite well

Your first mistake is believing anything written from a newspaper in Oklahoma. Not to say the Oregonian is anything to write home about. But compared to the Oklahoman, its like filet mignon to a Big Mac.

When the Thunder plays at Portland next week, some Seattle fans, miffed that their NBA team moved to Oklahoma City, plan to attend the Feb. 11 game at the Rose Garden.

The vocal Save Our Sonics group said it has secured blocks of tickets so members "can boo both teams" at a discounted price. The group has rented shuttle buses for the 170-mile trip. Save Our Sonics leaders are planning an even bigger trip when the Thunder returns to Portland on April 13.

http://www.newsok.com/article/3343640

No real source, only a snippet quote “can boo both teams” that’s probably taken out of context or completely fabricated. The newspaper in Oklahoma is owned by the family of Clay Bennett’s spouse.

The local Seattle paper wrote a quick blog post about it and they did not assume whether the members of Save Our Sonics would boo.

Save Our Sonics, a group that apparently still exists even though the team it tried to save does not, is taking a road trip to Portland to watch the Trail Blazers play the Oklahoma City Thunder on Feb. 11.

Shuttle Express is running a fan bus to game and the Blazers are offering a discount on a block of tickets to Save Our Sonics members. The group is planning a bigger trip in April with “some celebrities.” Gary Payton, maybe? Four hours on a bus with GP could be worth the price of admission to the Rose Garden.

I’m not sure if the intent is to establish the Blazers as a surrogate home team for Seattle, or if it’s to boo the Thunder.

Or boo both teams.

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/seat ... 161101.asp

Geez, I can’t imagine why the newspaper in Oklahoma wants to antagonize Sonic fans. I mean, Thunder fans are the best and Sonics fans are the worst. That’s why they lost the team, it was because of those terrible and malicious Sonic fans who will boo everything and hate all good things.

Bottom line: Don’t trust the Oklahoman. It is a pure propaganda rag for Clay Bennett.
SharoneWright wrote:I would not trade Bargs for Roy.

Monster or no.

i said it. And I live in a flame retardent suit.
Notorious23
Pro Prospect
And1: 320

Post#27 » by Notorious23 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 12:22 am

What better way to show the NBA your displeasure than to line their pockets with ticket sales.

Way to stick it to em.
Malapropism
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,411

Post#28 » by Malapropism » Sat Feb 7, 2009 12:26 am

Cro_Ruption wrote:Bottom line: Don’t trust the Oklahoman. It is a pure propaganda rag for Clay Bennett.

Holy crap. Who the hell cares. WHO THE HELL CARES? Let them boo, there's nothing you can do about it if.
SabasRevenge!
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#29 » by SabasRevenge! » Sat Feb 7, 2009 1:37 am

shaqfan1 wrote:And I think Portland could really use some sweet grapes, because apparently, all they have right now in Portland are sour grapes.

^^^^ obsessed with Blazers, trolls every thread :lol:

Seattle fans are welcome. We'll all boo the Thunder together.
dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 157

Post#30 » by dflash3 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 1:49 am

Man if I lost my team Id boo the entire league too.
SwiLL2432
Analyst
And1: 181

Post#31 » by SwiLL2432 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 2:48 am

EGame wrote:Who the F cares? Those measley Sonic fans will be drowned out by the cheers of Trail Blazer fans screaming there heads off as we own OKC.

Just like tonight huh....
#MambaArmy
shaqfan1
General Manager
And1: 4

Post#32 » by shaqfan1 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 2:53 am

SabasRevenge! wrote:^^^^ obsessed with Blazers, trolls every thread :lol:

Seattle fans are welcome. We'll all boo the Thunder together.

Yeah, I think I'll create a thread on the General NBA Board talking about how soft Aldridge is, then I'll troll on the Blazers board asking them if they think Aldridge is soft. Guess where I got the idea from.
DuckIII wrote:All 3 of them joining forces in Miami is the NBA's worst nightmare (shared by TNT, ABC, and ESPN)...it is a simple, irrefutable fact, that Wade/LeBron/Bosh in Miami is pretty much the worst possible result from a business perspective.
big L
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#33 » by big L » Sat Feb 7, 2009 3:14 am

I just don't believe the report. I really don't. I think the Save Our Sonics strategy is being mischaracterized. They must be going to the game to raise banners for a new team, calling out Stern, and maybe attacking the Thunder's ownership group. All that's perfectly fair and called for, in my mind. But I can't imagine them booing the players. The guys on the old Sonics board who were involved with the Save Our Sonics movement were smart and classy. They all had a connection to the players and I just don't think they'd take their frustration out on the team. I don't believe it.

As for booing the Blazers, hell... that just comes naturally to a Sonics fan! Old habits die hard!
from ny, never been a fan of the knicks...
BrewCityBBQ
Analyst
And1: 79

Post#34 » by BrewCityBBQ » Sat Feb 7, 2009 5:10 am

If Blazer fans are so mad, why didn't you chumps do something about it after the game in the parking lot? If I was so mad about this I would find the nearest Seattle fan booing and jack them in the face. But instead you complain on the General board, why?
Spicy P
RealGM
And1: 5,871

Post#35 » by Spicy P » Sat Feb 7, 2009 5:16 am

Because of Nate McMillan obviously, for ditching the Sonics.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,784

Post#36 » by durden_tyler » Sat Feb 7, 2009 5:24 am

Let them be. They don't have a team they are just soliciting for pity.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
No Offense
Assistant Coach
And1: 260

Post#37 » by No Offense » Sat Feb 7, 2009 1:38 pm

Cro_Ruption wrote:
shaqfan1 wrote:Why are you Portland fans so defensive? Stop trying to get everyone to like you.

wtf u talkin about? All im saying is why would they hate on portland if our owner voted against the move, and so did all portand fans they didnt want to see the sonics move

The Stealers owner voted against the Browns moving to Baltimore. Does that mean that Browns fans should have forgotten about the rivalry?
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#38 » by Mamba Venom » Sat Feb 7, 2009 2:37 pm

I can't hardly watch the NFL.

I Miss the Rams and Raiders. Its not cool when towns lose a team w/o compensation. The 2nd largest city in America needs a football team and Seattle can have the Clippers... I feel bad for them.
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
ropjhk
RealGM
And1: 10,543

Post#39 » by ropjhk » Sat Feb 7, 2009 3:41 pm

I guess old rivalries are hard to live down.
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,618

Post#40 » by infinite11285 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:51 pm

So they spent money to boo BOTH the Blazers AND Thunder? What a bunch of fools. The only one laughing in the end is Stern b/c they are spending money on tickets.

Return to The General Board