Is Cleveland-Washington a rivalry?

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

carlos1223
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Is Cleveland-Washington a rivalry? 

Post#61 » by carlos1223 » Fri Apr 3, 2009 8:38 pm

To all you people who don't consider it a rivalry...let me clue you in on something. If the Wizards-Cavs thing isnt a rivalry...then neither is the Celtics and Lakers a rivalry. The Celtics have stomped the Lakers 9 times while the Lakers have only won twice. That's no rivalry, that's a massacre.
InBoobieWeTrust
General Manager

Post#62 » by InBoobieWeTrust » Fri Apr 3, 2009 8:45 pm

flash22 wrote:
No Offense wrote:That Wizards fan is wrong on so many levels.

There was no "infamous travel" in 2006. The only infamous travel was the crab dribble that got called this year. Just because you think there was a travel does not mean it was one. The fact that it wasn't called is enough of an argument to make that it wasn't, whether it looked like he did or didn't.

Second of all, the Suns healthy? Are you forgetting all of their suspensions in that one game because of the flagrant foul that Bob Horry had on Nash?

It's no rival simply because the Cavs OWN the Wizards. Just because the Wizards and their fans want to play with the big boys and they throw punches and slur insults does not mean it is.

If you guys can get healthy and actually compete in a playoff series, then maybe we will talk. But until then, it's no rivalry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_mdDBjpNME

seriously you lose all credibility if you don't think that's a travel

He got fouled on the first step anyway. Quit crying.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,076

Post#63 » by SOUL » Fri Apr 3, 2009 8:53 pm

Has there ever been a rivalry where one team and another team swapped wins like it was a 50% win ratio vs the other team?

I dont get the "THEY HAVE TO BEAT US "x" amount of times to make it a rivalry!!"
AChand90
Junior
And1: 136

Post#64 » by AChand90 » Fri Apr 3, 2009 8:57 pm

InBoobieWeTrust wrote:
flash22 wrote:
No Offense wrote:That Wizards fan is wrong on so many levels.

There was no "infamous travel" in 2006. The only infamous travel was the crab dribble that got called this year. Just because you think there was a travel does not mean it was one. The fact that it wasn't called is enough of an argument to make that it wasn't, whether it looked like he did or didn't.

Second of all, the Suns healthy? Are you forgetting all of their suspensions in that one game because of the flagrant foul that Bob Horry had on Nash?

It's no rival simply because the Cavs OWN the Wizards. Just because the Wizards and their fans want to play with the big boys and they throw punches and slur insults does not mean it is.

If you guys can get healthy and actually compete in a playoff series, then maybe we will talk. But until then, it's no rivalry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_mdDBjpNME

seriously you lose all credibility if you don't think that's a travel

He got fouled on the first step anyway. Quit crying.

Maybe you should use the HQ button because `ol boy didn't get fouled.
InBoobieWeTrust
General Manager

Post#65 » by InBoobieWeTrust » Fri Apr 3, 2009 9:03 pm

He was getting hand-checked and hacked as soon as he took his first step.

Again, quit crying.
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#66 » by Gordon Bombay » Fri Apr 3, 2009 9:04 pm

P'Oed wrote:I love how Cavs fans feel that they're so "above" this whole thing and don't care about it. Read some of the stuff they've been writing about last night's game in other threads and tell me that they're not just a little pissed about losing to the Wiz again this year. They've gone as far as blaming the loss on an April Fool's party that Lebron threw in DC the night before.

i can also blame the houston and miami losses (and can show you threads complaining about the cavs party habits for those games as well) on partying the night before those games as well. its more chastizing the cavs for throwing ridiculous parties the night before games than anything about the wizards. if we were playing the grizzlies, i would still blame the poor performance on the late-night activities that the cavs engaged - i dont think we have a rivalry with them (or miami or houston for that matter)
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#67 » by TMU » Fri Apr 3, 2009 9:08 pm

Looks like Mike Brown has absolutely no control over these players. It's a coach's responsibility to take such things more seriously.
shaggyZ
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#68 » by shaggyZ » Fri Apr 3, 2009 9:11 pm

I've learned not to try to argue with anyone here, because it seems like most everyone is severely hard headed and semi-retarded.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#69 » by JWizmentality » Fri Apr 3, 2009 9:45 pm

shaggyZ wrote:I've learned not to try to argue with anyone here, because it seems like most everyone is severely hard headed and semi-retarded.

Word. :lol:
heh8me2
Junior

Post#70 » by heh8me2 » Fri Apr 3, 2009 10:03 pm

T-Mac United wrote:Looks like Mike Brown has absolutely no control over these players. It's a coach's responsibility to take such things more seriously.

yeah the coach with 61 wins has no control over his players.

come on with the partying excuse.

The wizards just wanted that game last night more than the Cavs did and they beat us up and down the court. End of story.

All the players have to do is wake up the next day sometime before 7pm and do some sort of a shoot-a-round and then play the worst team in the league.

I heard lebron doesn't even drink at these parties and I'm sure no one got absolutely wasted to the point where they couldn't function yesterday.

They lost, it happens sometimes.
barelyawake
Head Coach
And1: 665

Post#71 » by barelyawake » Fri Apr 3, 2009 11:26 pm

Perhaps it needs to be mentioned (and should have been much earlier), but the WIZARDS WERE ALL AT THIS PARTY that is supposedly the excuse.
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,490

Post#72 » by Bankai » Sat Apr 4, 2009 12:23 am

I think so, how many times have they met in the playoffs since 2003? 3? 2?
FatComputerNerd
Sophomore

Post#73 » by FatComputerNerd » Sat Apr 4, 2009 1:15 am

It is a rivalry somewhat.
Pretty much as several posters already said...they hate us because we knocked them out of the playoffs repeatedly.

We dislike some of their players for having taken some pretty cheap shots...actually trying to hurt us, and of course DeShawna's ridiculous attempts at smack talk.

I would not call it a full blown rivalry tho.

Detroit is still our #1 rival as far as team most Cleveland fans hate the most. (also ties into the whole michigan vs ohio thing)

There is certainly some dislike between the Wiz. and the Cavs but not a full blown rivalry like that...and I definitely think they probably hate us more than we hate them.
We don't even hate the Wizards really...just those few of their guys that were trying to injure ours.
Zerocious
Sixth Man

Post#74 » by Zerocious » Sat Apr 4, 2009 2:15 am

Chuck Everett wrote:It would be nice if Washington had a rivalry with the rest of the league. Seriously, the Wizards as a group talk so much junk, but they have 18 wins. Who cares if you beat Cleveland in the regular season? How about beating Charlotte, Indiana, Chicago, New York as well? Stay on the court for once and win a first round series. That would be a start.

pulease, what junk have they talked really this season, it's not as if they don't know they are the worst team in the league. not a lot of smack there. besides, i'd like to see how many first rounds will be won without two starters, (one top offensive, one top defensive). picture a cavs without bron and Z, any chance to get to the playoffs? boston without pierce and garnett? la without kobe and Bynum/gasol, suns with nash and amare, sprurs without parker and duncan. come on, seriously!? obviously the wizards have been atrocious this year, even worse than they should be, but you can't keeping dissing the wizards for being a lousy club when they are missing key players. use your head. it's not like we know we're the worst and injure ourselves to try and cover it up.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,502

Post#75 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Apr 4, 2009 3:31 am

shaggyZ wrote:I've learned not to try to argue with anyone here, because it seems like most everyone is severely hard headed and semi-retarded.

exactly. quite sad actually
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#76 » by GhostsOfGil » Sat Apr 4, 2009 4:06 am

FatComputerNerd wrote:We dislike some of their players for having taken some pretty cheap shots...actually trying to hurt us, and of course DeShawna's ridiculous attempts at smack talk.

We don't even hate the Wizards really...just those few of their guys that were trying to injure ours.

ok id like to clarify some misinformed information to everyone. the smack that deshawn said (and what was reported all over espn) was that he said "lbj is over rated." deshawn only said this because prior to that, lbj was talkin trash about the wizards and certain players to drew gooden. gooden, who was a close friend of deshawn's told deshawn and this is how the whole feud started. espn and people on realgm act like deshawns remarks were just a blatant attack on lbj. i dont like how deshawn handled the situation but i can understand his frustration. you cant blame a man for being a man.

as for the wizards trying to hurt cavs players, thats just ridiculous. im not sure if u ever watched the nba 10 years ago or if ur just a lbj bandwagoner but u obviously dont know wat a hard foul is. the fouls called on lbj now a days are touch fouls compared to 10 years ago.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#77 » by GhostsOfGil » Sat Apr 4, 2009 4:09 am

InBoobieWeTrust wrote:He was getting hand-checked and hacked as soon as he took his first step.

Again, quit crying.

comon man u need to just stop. ur telling ppl to stop crying about calls after writing 3 posts last nite on the game thread in 15 minutes complaining about how the cavs are loosing partly due to touch fouls. and if refs called hand checking or hacking on all game winning attempts, every single game would end in fts. it aint gonna get called. even for the superstars.
Idunkonyou2
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

Post#78 » by Idunkonyou2 » Sat Apr 4, 2009 4:09 am

I would say both teams hate each other so it is pretty much a rivalry IMO.
FatComputerNerd
Sophomore

Post#79 » by FatComputerNerd » Sat Apr 4, 2009 5:52 pm

zaRdsAndZeRos wrote:
FatComputerNerd wrote:We dislike some of their players for having taken some pretty cheap shots...actually trying to hurt us, and of course DeShawna's ridiculous attempts at smack talk.

ok id like to clarify some misinformed information to everyone. the smack that deshawn said (and what was reported all over espn) was that he said "lbj is over rated." deshawn only said this because prior to that, lbj was talkin trash about the wizards and certain players to drew gooden. gooden, who was a close friend of deshawn's told deshawn and this is how the whole feud started. espn and people on realgm act like deshawns remarks were just a blatant attack on lbj. i dont like how deshawn handled the situation but i can understand his frustration. you cant blame a man for being a man.

Yeah I know DeShawn did not necessarily start things. I was actually not only referring to the whole soulja boy LBJ/GOODEN thing tho...at least not exclusively.
That was part of it sure, but it was more than just that.
I think things like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGRzk_duhj4 upset people way more than Stevenson's nonsense, which we pretty much laughed off.

This does still make me lol tho http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2M7kLA4zZM

as for the wizards trying to hurt cavs players, thats just ridiculous. im not sure if u ever watched the nba 10 years ago or if ur just a lbj bandwagoner but u obviously dont know wat a hard foul is. the fouls called on lbj now a days are touch fouls compared to 10 years ago.

Songaila punches Lebron http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hp1HIXYEPw

Haywood throws Lebron to the ground while he is in mid-air http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKKT3lFGlCs

Stevenson "headhunting" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Spq2FZgaumk

Hard play is one thing, but this (flagrant after flagrant, hitting above the shoulders, hitting while in the air, etc), was way beyond appropriate.

So yea, we dislike them because they play dirty, and talk way too much smack.
They dislike us because we are better than them, (the other night notwithstanding!) and knocked them out of the playoffs repeatedly.
I still would not call it a full blown rivalry tho.
barelyawake
Head Coach
And1: 665

Post#80 » by barelyawake » Sat Apr 4, 2009 6:36 pm

Wanta know how I know the Wiz read RealGM -- besides them quoting things directly from our page numerous times and Dixon saying he read our page? Because a handful of us (me included) were screaming for them to do exactly that -- hard foul after hard foul.

They dislike us because we are better than them.

No, we hate Cleveland because LeBron gets superstar calls and non-calls "when it counts" (and we've seen too many times the refs "guide" the games to help Cleveland). In other words, the refs swallow their whistles to let LeBron travel, foul, etc. (and no, not just ONE "crab dribble" time... repeatedly). Plus, we absolutely know that when healthy we would have beaten you. That's why.

Return to The General Board