ESPN Insider Rumor: Josh Howard to Wizards for 5th Pick.

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

TAI8
Banned User
And1: 4

Re: ESPN Insider Rumor: Josh Howard to Wizards for 5th Pick. 

Post#41 » by TAI8 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:50 pm

Jajwanda wrote:What a bunch of non-sense. Howard can easily play the SG spot no problem especially defensively. The question is do they keep Jamison or trade for a more traditional PF now.

If Arenas can run that lineup they'll be great, otherwise they'll try to trade Arenas for a normal PG. I can't see the downside of acquiring a damn good wing. It improves you period. Plus he's the defensive player, Caron isn't. I'm not sure what they do after this though to save money.

You just lost all credibility. :lol:
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#42 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:04 pm

Dallas goin into rebuilding?
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#43 » by TMU » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:12 pm

Wizards are going gung-ho with this move. Way too many scorers, but I think they're going to be fun to watch.
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#44 » by Jajwanda » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:23 pm

TAI8 wrote:
Jajwanda wrote:What a bunch of non-sense. Howard can easily play the SG spot no problem especially defensively. The question is do they keep Jamison or trade for a more traditional PF now.

If Arenas can run that lineup they'll be great, otherwise they'll try to trade Arenas for a normal PG. I can't see the downside of acquiring a damn good wing. It improves you period. Plus he's the defensive player, Caron isn't. I'm not sure what they do after this though to save money.

You just lost all credibility. :lol:

I didn't lose anything. He played two games where he had great assist numbers, he proves it so be it he's the still the man then in Washington, if he doesn't you trade him for a guy who can facilitate to that type of offensive powerhouse lineup which I personally think he can based on what he's recently shown and probably the realization he'll have as he grows older than he won't be a 50 point per game powerhouse with his injuries. As for trading Jamison I'm not sure that's the key though. Jamison can really stretch the floor like Rashard can but has a better inside game I'd say plus is a far better rebounder. Sure he's not a great defensive player at all, but the points he'd give up to say Kevin Garnett aren't going to likely kill you in a basketball game. Heck the Cavaliers, Bulls, Magic, Hawks, and Pistons don't even have a guy that'll post him up all day. The worst match-up for him the Eastern Conference is the Celtics and the Celtics will have hell trying to guard that kind of firepower plus the fact that the Jamison is actually a good rebounder unlike a Rashard Lewis really helps that team out.

I don't know I mean that lineup may actually give hell to teams like Boston and the Cavs who are built to lock down normal high scoring offenses. I don't see anyone you can sag off of on that lineup.

Lost credibility? No sir that would be you, for proving nothing.
Wilford Brimley
Banned User
And1: 81

Post#45 » by Wilford Brimley » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:28 pm

As a Mavs fan, I am not fond of Josh Howard. I hope Harden falls to 5. Im not sure about Jordan Hill like the rumors are suggesting.
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,538

Re: ESPN Insider: Josh Howard to Wizards for 5th Pick. 

Post#46 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:40 pm

FlashTheKilla wrote:
D'Lo wrote:is this true? If so then all I have to say is Riley! Get on the phone with the Wizards and get Butler back to Miami! They don't need him anymore!

Yes, please! This trade benefits Miami more than the Wizards if it happens, because I guarantee that Riles will be calling Grunfeld directly on his cell phone the second it becomes official, and will invite him to a night of debauchery on South Beach. Ultimately, Caron will be ours!!

You think Washington is going to acquire an inferior SF just so they can move a superior SF to Miami for trash? Please. That makes less than 0 sense.
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 930

Post#47 » by Captain_Obvious » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:46 pm

magnumt wrote:
CellarDoor wrote:I'm a bit confused as to who's going to be in the trade from Washington's side. If I recall, they're over the cap, so are we going to see an expiring like Thomas go?

They could likely send Songalia, Stevenson, and the 5th for Dallas' 1st+Howard. It'd probably Washington some Salary (minor), shed a Roster spot, and open the possibility of moving Jamison or Butler easier. They could even nab a PG at where Dallas picks (say if Maynor or Teague falls).

Nonsense, we wont take bad contracts with the No.5. Josh has more value than that pick alone. Let alone add our pick on top. Wtf
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#48 » by GameTime_3 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:51 pm

Makes no sense. Jamison/Bulter are better @ SF then PF/SG. 5th pick in this draft can bring them Harden or Jordan Hill. I know those names don't sound great, but it gives them a cheaper and better fit team.

Oh yea, their the Wiz.....Now i see why they want this deal
TAI8
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#49 » by TAI8 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:57 pm

Jajwanda wrote:I didn't lose anything. He played two games where he had great assist numbers, he proves it so be it he's the still the man then in Washington, if he doesn't you trade him for a guy who can facilitate to that type of offensive powerhouse lineup which I personally think he can based on what he's recently shown and probably the realization he'll have as he grows older than he won't be a 50 point per game powerhouse with his injuries. As for trading Jamison I'm not sure that's the key though. Jamison can really stretch the floor like Rashard can but has a better inside game I'd say plus is a far better rebounder. Sure he's not a great defensive player at all, but the points he'd give up to say Kevin Garnett aren't going to likely kill you in a basketball game. Heck the Cavaliers, Bulls, Magic, Hawks, and Pistons don't even have a guy that'll post him up all day. The worst match-up for him the Eastern Conference is the Celtics and the Celtics will have hell trying to guard that kind of firepower plus the fact that the Jamison is actually a good rebounder unlike a Rashard Lewis really helps that team out.

I don't know I mean that lineup may actually give hell to teams like Boston and the Cavs who are built to lock down normal high scoring offenses. I don't see anyone you can sag off of on that lineup.

Lost credibility? No sir that would be you, for proving nothing.

All that post and really for nothing. You said that they should trade Arenas if he can't run that line up. Don't you see how ridiculous that sounds? Why do you think Washington had one of the worst records this past year? Could it be that Arenas *gasp* was out for the entire year especially considering the fact that when fully healthy Washington was consistently a top 4 seed? It's no coincidence.

Look Arenas is indispensable. He is the reason why the Wiz had one of the best offenses in the league. Without him they're just another bottom feeder as evidenced by the disaster that is the '08-'09 Wizards.
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#50 » by Jajwanda » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:02 pm

In your opinion yes, but I frankly don't put much into your opinion. Second of all, learn to read I said he probably can.

Arenas in his younger years was a ballhog, recently he's changed his tune and decided to pass more.
Lakeshow2417
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#51 » by Lakeshow2417 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:17 pm

they need a back to the basket Post man. Jamison for someone that can score with ball behind basket.
blzrfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#52 » by blzrfan » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:25 pm

Lakeshow2417 wrote:they need a back to the basket Post man. Jamison for someone that can score with ball behind basket.

Jamison can score with the ball behind the basket. Have you seen his flip shots? :lol:

I think this would be a fair trade between both teams.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#53 » by magnumt » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:25 pm

Lakeshow2417 wrote:they need a back to the basket Post man. Jamison for someone that can score with ball behind basket.

Maybe they can swap with the Clippers. :lol:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Dentor
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#54 » by Dentor » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:30 pm

What if Washington is actually trading Butler with the 5 for Howard?
In memory of Pep, 2002-2005

It's masterful bonmots like that that have him where he is today.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,873

Post#55 » by Wizardspride » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:46 pm

Jajwanda wrote:In your opinion yes, but I frankly don't put much into your opinion. Second of all, learn to read I said he probably can.

Arenas in his younger years was a ballhog, recently he's changed his tune and decided to pass more.

Arenas was such a ballhog that the Wiz had three 20pt scorers pretty much every year he was healthy.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
The_Answer
Rookie
And1: 40

Post#56 » by The_Answer » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:49 pm

Dentor wrote:What if Washington is actually trading Butler with the 5 for Howard?

I can't tell if you're serious. I would sincerely hope not.
Malinhion
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#57 » by Malinhion » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:01 pm

TAI8 wrote:All that post and really for nothing. You said that they should trade Arenas if he can't run that line up. Don't you see how ridiculous that sounds? Why do you think Washington had one of the worst records this past year? Could it be that Arenas *gasp* was out for the entire year especially considering the fact that when fully healthy Washington was consistently a top 4 seed? It's no coincidence.

Look Arenas is untradeable. He is the reason why the Wiz had one of the best offenses in the league. Without him they're just another bottom feeder as evidenced by the disaster that is the '08-'09 Wizards.

Fixed.

Seriously. Nobody wants to trade for a player with a freshly-minted max contract...especially one that's played 15 games in the past two seasons.
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,538

Post#58 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:19 pm

Dentor wrote:What if Washington is actually trading Butler with the 5 for Howard?

What if Washing then sends Howard + Stevenson to Cleveland for LeBron?
Branduil
Rookie
And1: 343

Post#59 » by Branduil » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:46 pm

The_Answer wrote:

I can't tell if you're serious. I would sincerely hope not.

It's as believable as the ESPN rumor.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#60 » by miller31time » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:55 pm

As a Wizards fan, I'm not so sure I like this trade.

Butler is far better served as a small forward, albeit an undersized one. He is required to do more ball-handling at the 2-guard and that's something he shouldn't be asked to do. He also defends small forwards better.

Is Howard any good on defense? We all know he can score and is multi-faceted player but I don't want to add anyone to this team who can't defend.

Return to The General Board