***BARKRING NOOZ**** Gortat matched. NOW WITH LINK!!!!

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Wilford Brimley
Banned User
And1: 81

Re: ***BARKRING NOOZ**** Gortat to be resigned by Magic 

Post#21 » by Wilford Brimley » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:25 am

I am going to go cry myself to sleep. Night all.
akola
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#22 » by akola » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:25 am

Nevermind Dallas, the Celtics fans are about to have another panic attack in 3 2 1...
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,711

Post#23 » by infinite11285 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:25 am

lmao @ BARKRING NOOZ

lmao @ Dallas
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,752

Post#24 » by DowJones » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:25 am

Why? Why pay a 12mpg center $7 million a year? There has to be a trade in the works. Gortat is probably PISSED.
Branduil
Rookie
And1: 343

Post#25 » by Branduil » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:25 am

Why is there still no link?
akola
Banned User

Post#26 » by akola » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:25 am

Nevermind Dallas, the Celtics fans are about to have another panic attack in 3 2 1...
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#27 » by SportsWorld » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:26 am

akola wrote:Nevermind Dallas, the Celtics fans are about to have another panic attack in 3 2 1...

Uh why? As of right now, Orlando is overpaying for a back-up center. Unless you're worried they'll turn this into something good via trade.
DowJones
RealGM

Post#28 » by DowJones » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:27 am

J-Ville Smoke wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:Gortat is so beastly, he deserves two breaking news threads.

with adding VC, Anderson, Bass, keeping Gortat, and a healthy Nelson, there's no way anyone can say Orlando got worse this offseason. IMO, they got better.

Can't wait until CLE fans try to downplay this.....

Gortat is a stiff. I never thought he was any good. Really, what can he do for the next year or two that Theo Ratliff can't? Playing 12mpg won't help him develop his game either.

I like Bass...and I would like him even better if Orlando starts him. :D
mattyBoi
Head Coach
And1: 913

Post#29 » by mattyBoi » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:28 am

Either Gortat will be dealt for talent, or the trade exception will be dealt for talent...Either way I agree with a previous poster...$hit just got real.
Super_Mario_3
Senior
And1: 9

Post#30 » by Super_Mario_3 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:28 am

lol

i remember after the VC trade, cavs fans kept on pouncing on the magic with this:

hedo, lee, battie, gortat >>> vc, anderson

without even thinking that jameer did not play against them in the playoffs. so in reality, it is now

HEDO < VC
BATTIE < BASS
LEE ~ ANDERSON
Gortat = Gortat

im sure they'll still find a way to say that the magic regressed.
raptorsfan_04
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#31 » by raptorsfan_04 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:28 am

SportsWorld wrote:
akola wrote:Nevermind Dallas, the Celtics fans are about to have another panic attack in 3 2 1...

Uh why? As of right now, Orlando is overpaying for a back-up center. Unless you're worried they'll turn this into something good via trade.

Isn't Gortat going to be a BYC?

Also I want a link before believing this...
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#32 » by 5DOM » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:29 am

SportsWorld wrote:

Why should Boston fans care about Orlando overpaying for a backup center?
The only thing they should care about is the fact Orlando is adding more talent.
SmoothKobra
Starter
And1: 638

Post#33 » by SmoothKobra » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:29 am

DowJones wrote:
J-Ville Smoke wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:Gortat is so beastly, he deserves two breaking news threads.

with adding VC, Anderson, Bass, keeping Gortat, and a healthy Nelson, there's no way anyone can say Orlando got worse this offseason. IMO, they got better.

Can't wait until CLE fans try to downplay this.....

Gortat is a stiff. I never thought he was any good. Really, what can he do for the next year or two that Theo Ratliff can't? Playing 12mpg won't help him develop his game either.

I like Bass...and I would like him even better if Orlando starts him. :D

Gortat's not bad, he's definitely an above average backup and definitely better than Ratiff at this point. I do agree though, Orlando has transformed from an uptempo team to a halfcourt team and it remains to be seen how the team will adjust, they aren't as difficult to match up with anymore.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,976

Post#34 » by Nyce_1 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:29 am

Magic owner has given Otis Smith the green light to spend whatever he has to, in order to win the title next year, and a few yrs after. Being the 4th richest owner in the league, money is no issue and will not handcuff the Magic from winning titles. If paying that much for a backup is no issue, so be it. I don't care because I'm not the one paying the bill.

I'm just glad my team is one of the few that are actually trying to win instead of the other teams battling the reality of this poor economy and cutting salaries.
Wademazin
Banned User

Post#35 » by Wademazin » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:30 am

I think they should keep em but they're probably gonna trade him. If they can get Howard off of Dallas for him...:o
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#36 » by SportsWorld » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:31 am

I think it's pretty obvious the Magic are going to ship Gortat to Houston most likely for Shane Battier. Orlando is going to be really good next year if this happens.
dawn_wan
Veteran
And1: 612

Post#37 » by dawn_wan » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:33 am

I also agree that a s&t must be in the works or gortat is taking a nice pay cut.. If you consider the amount of money that other teams are throwing at him and the current economic situation he'll only stay if the money is most offered or he really believes that ORL will win a ring in the next 3 years.
T-mac_1_175
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#38 » by T-mac_1_175 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:33 am

SportsWorld wrote:I think it's pretty obvious the Magic are going to ship Gortat to Houston most likely for Shane Battier. Orlando is going to be really good next year if this happens.

Dont think they can I believe?? BYC contract has somthin to do with it? someone confirm..Would be nice to get Gortat but I love Battier..Id rather Rudy Fernandez if the Blazers would go for that..
Branduil
Rookie
And1: 343

Post#39 » by Branduil » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:35 am

Houston wasn't even willing to pay the full MLE for Gortat, why would they trade Battier for him?
DowJones
RealGM

Post#40 » by DowJones » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:35 am

dwighty111 wrote:lol

i remember after the VC trade, cavs fans kept on pouncing on the magic with this:

hedo, lee, battie, gortat >>> vc, anderson

without even thinking that jameer did not play against them in the playoffs. so in reality, it is now

HEDO < VC
BATTIE < BASS
LEE ~ ANDERSON
Gortat = Gortat

im sure they'll still find a way to say that the magic regressed.

Hedo>VC
Battie<Bass
Lee>Anderson
Gortat=Gortat

That's about the way it goes. VC might be a better overall player, but he gets his stats on isolations and dribble-drive. Hedo absolutely killed Cleveland with his reads on the pick and roll, partly because Cleveland is a HARD hedging team. They hedge the pick and roll as hard as any team in the league and Hedo's height (6-10) really gave him an advantage over the guys Cleveland is used to hedging because he could see over the defenders and make a really good read.

Plus Cleveland had nobody to matchup with Hedo. If they put James on him then who guards Shard? And if they put James on Shard then you have the 6-3 Delonte West on the 6-10 Hedo. Now Cleveland has a solid backup wing in Anthony Parker (6-6) so he can matchup with Vince and LeBron can stick with Shard when Orlando goes small. Delonte can then apply his pit-bull defense to Nelson.

I think overall Orlando improved slightly when you factor everything in, but I think their moves make it easier for Cleveland to matchup with them. I think VC and Bass helps them out against a healthy Boston and LA, but it hurts them against teams like Cleveland and San Antonio. That is my honest opinion.

Return to The General Board