***BARKRING NOOZ**** Gortat matched. NOW WITH LINK!!!!

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

J-Ville Smoke
Head Coach
And1: 296

Re: ***BARKRING NOOZ**** Gortat matched. NOW WITH LINK!!!! 

Post#281 » by J-Ville Smoke » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:57 pm

Chevelle2 wrote:It seems like this type of stuff always happens to the Mavs.. Nash signs w/ Phoenix, Michael Redd signs w/ MIL...Rashard signs with ORL....we lose to the Heat after being up 2, Deavan George blocks the Kidd Trade, LA gets Gasol for nothing, We lose in first round to GSW, Dirk gets screwed by his fiance.. I don't feel like this type of stuff happens to other teams...

:sad:

I know it sucks when things pile up on your team. I could fill a laundry list of things like that that happened to us. We just happen to be on the uptick right now.

But hey, at least you're not the Clippers.
Волков бояться — в лес не ходить.
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#282 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:57 pm

Time for Mark Cuban to blow up the Mavs. They will never win a championship with Dirk as the best player.
Victorious
Junior
And1: 0

Post#283 » by Victorious » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:01 pm

Orlando now without a doubt got better than last year. They were better before this re signing of the polish hammer... but now no one in their right mind can argue that they didnt.
The Letter J
Starter

Post#284 » by The Letter J » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:03 pm

Chevelle2 wrote:It seems like this type of stuff always happens to the Mavs.. Nash signs w/ Phoenix, Michael Redd signs w/ MIL...Rashard signs with ORL....we lose to the Heat after being up 2, Deavan George blocks the Kidd Trade, LA gets Gasol for nothing, We lose in first round to GSW, Dirk gets screwed by his fiance.. I don't feel like this type of stuff happens to other teams...

Buzzkill. :wink:

Team success always comes and goes in waves. You guys are on the way back down right now. Be patient.
Branduil
Rookie
And1: 346

Post#285 » by Branduil » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:04 pm

Mavs are always on the way down. No team's fanbase has suffered more.
peja_the_legend
Bench Warmer
And1: 859

Post#286 » by peja_the_legend » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:05 pm

Gortat must be pretty pissed right now.Ath this stage of his career i think he'd like to be on a team where he gets to see the floor than waving towels on Magic's bench and wait for Dwight to elbow some opponent so he gets some playin time.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,106

Post#287 » by SOUL » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:05 pm

We almost had Duncan, Hill and T-Mac.

Turned out to be T-Mac and Grant's ankle.

At least we have 3 "all star" players now, actually 4.

Dallas has been a solid team throughout the last decade though, no championships but at least you are watching winning ball.
Magic Mamba
Junior
And1: 22

Post#288 » by Magic Mamba » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:06 pm

TheKingOfVa360 wrote:Time for Mark Cuban to blow up the Mavs. They will never win a championship with Dirk as the best player.

Don't hate on Dirk He is a beast ... the rest of that team sucks.

He should go to the lakers or the magic.LOL.
Wilford Brimley
Banned User
And1: 81

Post#289 » by Wilford Brimley » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:06 pm

Branduil wrote:Mavs are always on the way down. No team's fanbase has suffered more.

Don't even talk man. No one is gonna have sympathy for us after the crap you have filled this thread with.
BMF Jet Jaguar
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#290 » by BMF Jet Jaguar » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:06 pm

^clippers..
Kobe wrote:Wasn't much of a battle tonight. I kicked his ass tonight.
Fojin
Sophomore
And1: 9

Post#291 » by Fojin » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:07 pm

Yeah, I know. But it could be even worse. Just look at the Rockets.

Also, it's still some time left this offseason. The Mavs still have the full MLE and BAE, and they might aggressively pursue another trade which could potentially net a center.
sweet daddy
Analyst
And1: 47

Post#292 » by sweet daddy » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:07 pm

Man, that stings. Mostly because we tied ourselves to a RFA, yet again. You'd think the Mavs FO would learn. :-?

Mavs fans just blowing off steam, that's all. It's tough to swallow a setback like this when we thought the off-season was starting to look pretty good. Well, Orlando had the right to match him, and we could have gone harder after Bass if we wanted to. Score this one for the Magic.

So, looking desperately for a good deal on a center. Anyone heard about a fire sale we can get in on?!
'daddy knows best'
InBoobieWeTrust
General Manager

Post#293 » by InBoobieWeTrust » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:09 pm

The entire city of Cleveland and it's 3 sports franchises say hello.

Quit yer bellyaching! It's just Marcin Gortat, for crying out loud..
Wilford Brimley
Banned User

Post#294 » by Wilford Brimley » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:10 pm

sweet daddy wrote:Man, that stings. Mostly because we tied ourselves to a RFA, yet again. You'd think the Mavs FO would learn. :-?

Mavs fans just blowing off steam, that's all. It's tough to swallow a setback like this when we thought the off-season was starting to look pretty good. Well, Orlando had the right to match him, and we could have gone harder after Bass if we wanted to. Score this one for the Magic.

So, looking desperately for a good deal on a center. Anyone heard about a fire sale we can get in on?!

Good post.
Wilford Brimley
Banned User

Post#295 » by Wilford Brimley » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:11 pm

Fojin wrote:

Yeah, I know. But it could be even worse. Just look at the Rockets.

Also, it's still some time left this offseason. The Mavs still have the full MLE and BAE, and they might aggressively pursue another trade which could potentially net a center.

Thanks for the encouraging words man.
microfib4thewin
Head Coach
And1: 454

Post#296 » by microfib4thewin » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:18 pm

There is way too much emotion here over a backup player. You would think Cuban traded Dirk for JO or something equally disastrous.
kurtkbain
Sophomore
And1: 53

Post#297 » by kurtkbain » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:19 pm

Gortat, who is in his native Poland, is "very, very disappointed," Zucker said.

The Mavs, certainly are, too. Zucker said he had been on the phone with "everyone" from Dallas since receiving the word and they had expressed disappointment. The Mavs lost forward Brandon Bass to the Magic last week, putting the Mavericks in shaky position in the post with few quality big men available. The Magic had until Wednesday to make a move on Gortat or let him go.

Gortat wanted to play in Dallas where he had a chance to be a starter and would certainly get more minutes than he does in Orlando, backing up Dwight Howard.
"They had a tremendous amount of confidence in Marcin," Zucker said of the Mavs.

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives ... -matc.html
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,726

Post#298 » by Benedict_Boozer » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:21 pm

^Too bad, I kind feel bad for him - sounds like Gortat really wanted out of ORL.
Wilford Brimley
Banned User

Post#299 » by Wilford Brimley » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:21 pm

I feel bad for Marcin.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,106

Post#300 » by SOUL » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:24 pm

Chevelle2 wrote:I feel bad for Marcin.

I don't he could possibly be winning a ring and still be contributing (obviously not starting). And getting paid millions.

If he's that unhappy I can see him being moved later on in the season but eh.

Return to The General Board