***BARKRING NOOZ**** Gortat matched. NOW WITH LINK!!!!

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Wilford Brimley
Banned User
And1: 81

Re: ***BARKRING NOOZ**** Gortat to be resigned by Magic 

Post#81 » by Wilford Brimley » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:01 am

Uhhh there ISNT a late news show in ORL on Ch 6....

infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,711

Post#82 » by infinite11285 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:03 am

Chevelle2 wrote:Uhhh there ISNT a late news show in ORL on Ch 6....

:rofl: Gotta love the internet.
SmoothKobra
Starter
And1: 638

Post#83 » by SmoothKobra » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:03 am

The MVPlaya wrote:By the way, am I the only one who finds it funny that Cavs fans keep talking like their team is the "standard"? Everything is matching up with Cleveland this, matching up with Cleveland that. Hello, Orlando is preparing themselves to WIN the NBA title, not get past 1 team. They already know they have Cleveland in their back pocket. This team clearly has it's eyes set on the prize.

:lol: :lol: :lol: We shouldn't even have the playoffs then should we?
MichaelH
Senior
And1: 0

Post#84 » by MichaelH » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:03 am

DowJones wrote:matty, I am assuming Orlando paid Bass to get regular playing time. If he gets regular playing time then all of a sudden Rashard is at the 3 and you no longer run your European style offense. And if you do put Rashard at the 4, Cleveland can then counter with Anthony Parker off the bench, use him to guard Vince, and slide LeBron down to Lewis. 2 advantages for Cleveland...

1. Cleveland will no longer have to suffer through Varejao running all over the court trying to guard Rashard Lewis. If he is killing us, we can slide LeBron over to cover him.

2. Cleveland no longer has to watch Delonte cover the 6-10 Hedo. Vince is 6-6 and Anthony Parker is 6-6. Plus Parker is a pretty gritty defender.

Too bad Carter basically takes a huge shat on Parker every time they play
Orlando 97, Dallas 82
Cthulhu wrote:Orlando has to shoot out of their a** from three just to win games. Sad.
mattyBoi
Head Coach
And1: 913

Post#85 » by mattyBoi » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:04 am

BrooklynBulls wrote:
mattyBoi wrote:
LOLOLOL your ridiculous man...Its hilarious, how did we become a half court team, and since when were we an uptempo team?...We have always ran both whenever we have opportunities...You don't Jameer can push the pace like Alston? haha right...You dont think Vince can push the pace like Hedo? haha right...Just come to grips with it bro Magic have gotten better.

What Cleveland fans see as conventional, everybody else on earth sees as versatile.

Do Cavs fans actually think Orlando doesn't know what helped them vs. the Magic? They're not about to play Bass at PF for large stretches instead of Lewis, not against the Cavs. Because they know Varejao's got no chance, none, against him.

And if you think Carter's going to do anything but exactly what Turkoglu does, except better, you'd be wrong about that too.

They'll miss Courtney Lee, just a bit...he gave them a defensive spark, some good shooting, some good slashing. But it's nothing Pietrus can't largely replace.

Swapping Carter for Turkoglu, Bass for Battie, and Gortat for Gortat, I don't know how that can make anybody in the East happy except for Magic fans.

Thank you at least somebody understands!!!...I mean im not trying to ram this down other teams throats or anything and still anything can happen in the playoffs...But this Magic team is poised and I just feel lucky be in on the ride.
Rand10
Starter
And1: 39

Post#86 » by Rand10 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:04 am

SportsWorld wrote:
Rand10 wrote:So this is all based on some supposed insider on a message board?

A few Magic fans said they saw it on a local TV station.

Who probably picked it up from the board. There's nothing about it on their their website either.
colangelo wrote:Nowitzki walk in with Maytricks and says welcome to horse team and championship time.
J-Ville Smoke
Head Coach
And1: 296

Post#87 » by J-Ville Smoke » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:05 am

Chevelle2 wrote:Uhhh there ISNT a late news show in ORL on Ch 6....

I forgot. News stations can't break into scheduled programming with news and updates. I guess in Florida we do things differently.
Волков бояться — в лес не ходить.
Obie09
Rookie

Post#88 » by Obie09 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:05 am

Have you guys ever heard of a breaking news type thing? It doesn't have to be a full news show lol.
The Flying Gent
Veteran
And1: 1,275

Post#89 » by The Flying Gent » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:06 am

DowJones wrote:matty, I am assuming Orlando paid Bass to get regular playing time. If he gets regular playing time then all of a sudden Rashard is at the 3 and you no longer run your European style offense. And if you do put Rashard at the 4, Cleveland can then counter with Anthony Parker off the bench, use him to guard Vince, and slide LeBron down to Lewis. 2 advantages for Cleveland...

1. Cleveland will no longer have to suffer through Varejao running all over the court trying to guard Rashard Lewis. If he is killing us, we can slide LeBron over to cover him.

2. Cleveland no longer has to watch Delonte cover the 6-10 Hedo. Vince is 6-6 and Anthony Parker is 6-6. Plus Parker is a pretty gritty defender.

Once upon a time. But not anymore.
SmoothKobra
Starter
And1: 638

Post#90 » by SmoothKobra » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:06 am

J-Ville Smoke wrote:And don't forget we add Nelson over Alston too.

How do you know its an absolute given Jameer will come back 100% from a serious injury? You guys said that in the finals, "don't worry Jameer is an upgrade over Alston against LA"
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#91 » by 5DOM » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:06 am

A breaking news for Marcin Gortat?
That channel must be owned by RealGMer lol
Obie09
Rookie

Post#92 » by Obie09 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:07 am

SmoothKing32 wrote:
J-Ville Smoke wrote:And don't forget we add Nelson over Alston too.

How do you know its an absolute given Jameer will come back 100% from a serious injury? You guys said that in the finals, "don't worry Jameer is an upgrade over Alston against LA"

Nobody said that...nobody said he would be 100%..we said he would be better than AJ. We knew Nelson wouldn't start.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#93 » by 5DOM » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:07 am

Anthony Parker is an average defender at his absolute best
MichaelH
Senior

Post#94 » by MichaelH » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:07 am

5DOM wrote:A breaking news for Marcin Gortat?

Well we had a breaking news over Bargnani :roll:
Orlando 97, Dallas 82
Cthulhu wrote:Orlando has to shoot out of their a** from three just to win games. Sad.
The Flying Gent
Veteran
And1: 1,275

Post#95 » by The Flying Gent » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:08 am

Obie09 wrote:Have you guys ever heard of a breaking news type thing? It doesn't have to be a full news show lol.

It was said the news was broken during the news broadcast.
Wilford Brimley
Banned User
And1: 81

Post#96 » by Wilford Brimley » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:08 am

5DOM wrote:A breaking news for Marcin Gortat?

LOL. And the OP, first said he saw it on the late night edition of the news, now he is saying they cut into regular programming. :lol:
MitchSlapped
Starter
And1: 32

Post#97 » by MitchSlapped » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:08 am

Is it alright if I start a "Whose are the craziest fans" poll? I need an OK by a mod. All 30 teams will be on it
casey
General Manager
And1: 7

Post#98 » by casey » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:09 am

How the hell is there 7 pages within an hour on a topic about whatever his first name is Gortat at this time of night.
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
mattyBoi
Head Coach
And1: 913

Post#99 » by mattyBoi » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:10 am

The same source broke the Bass signing more than an hour before anyone else. Just throwing that out there.

DowJones ok i kind of understand your reasoning now if you are basing things on the premise that Bass is playing starters minutes, that remains to be seen, but if there is an advantage I trust Stan to find it.

Smoothking i thought all the Cavs fans were claiming we killed you all with the pick and roll which means we were playing in the halfcourt an awful lot
Smoke[MaxX]
Senior
And1: 35

Post#100 » by Smoke[MaxX] » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:10 am

There are reports that this is a fake report report by a few ORL fans (or one fan with multiple accounts). Seems reasonable considering there is zero evidence of the fact. If so, is there any way they can be IP banned?

Return to The General Board