Matt Barnes Signing With The Magic?

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Re: Matt Barnes Signing With The Magic? 

Post#21 » by NickAnderson » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:29 am

tetris wrote:Nelson has been a mediocre point guard his entire career. He play's above his head for half a season and now he's a top three point guard in his conference? :lol: I'm not buying it. He had a hot streak that's all. He'll revert back into his normal self like he always eventually does.

They need to try and sign Andre Miller and quit fooling around. Jameer is to small. He's to inconsistent. Really, the Magic should have kept Rafer as a backup.

Jameer was inconsistent in the begining of his career but far from that last season. Rafer didn't wanna be a backup so thats out of the quesiton. Miller? :lol: that old man can't play anymore, he has a crapy jumper for a pg.

If meer is so medicore what makes the others better? Explain.
Rasheeed!!!
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,507

Post#22 » by Rasheeed!!! » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:30 am

NickAnderson wrote:
bc legends wrote:
NickAnderson wrote:
Rondo is not better :lol: Only one on there arguable is Harris. :lol:

Your kidding me right?
Rondo/Rose are better than Nelson. Not taking anything away from Nelson he's definitely a top 3 or 4 in the East.

Nelson can do everything Rondo can and he has a jumper. We leave Rondo WIIIDDDDEEEE open and he misses, thats a huge flaw in a pg. Rose is still new we will see in a few years but I guess he is arguable to, he has alot of careless turnovers.

yeah, um, Nelson can't defend anything
Joana
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#23 » by Joana » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:30 am

Rondo is superior to Nelson and way better than Harris and Rose (as of now, Rose will eventually be the better player), but how is this connected to Barnes?
bc legends
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#24 » by bc legends » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:32 am

NickAnderson wrote:
bc legends wrote:
NickAnderson wrote:
Rondo is not better :lol: Only one on there arguable is Harris. :lol:

Your kidding me right?
Rondo/Rose are better than Nelson. Not taking anything away from Nelson he's definitely a top 3 or 4 in the East.

Nelson can do everything Rondo can and he has a jumper. We leave Rondo WIIIDDDDEEEE open and he misses, thats a huge flaw in a pg. Rose is still new we will see in a few years but I guess he is arguable to, he has alot of careless turnovers.

PG flaw? :lol: :lol:
Like that's even mildly affected Rondo. He averaged 16.9PPG/9.70RPG/9.8APG(3:1A/TO) for the entire playoffs with this so-called 'flaw' finishing with a +25.43EFF. The kid is young, will only continue to get better and will develop a jumpshot. He's also arguably a better all around defensive player when compared to Jameer and is a beast on the boards compared to other PGs.

Not sure how this turned out to be a PG discussion but back to the OP; I think Barnes would be a solid addition to the ORL bench.
BIG FURB
Sixth Man
And1: 134

Post#25 » by BIG FURB » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:36 am

Yeah, i like how Nelson improved last year, but Rondo is a beast
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,964

Post#26 » by tundraknight » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:39 am

I“ll take Rose over any other PG in the NBA. I just love how he's physically superior to most players at his position and also has blazing speed.
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#27 » by Viper1500 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:41 am

Jameer is a great shooter, but some of you are overrating him horribly. I think Jameer is a good starting PG for us but saying hes better then Rondo, not even close...

On topic though, I think we're doing this move because we will need a SF next year with JJ Redick must likely being gone and Pietrus going back to playing alot of SG minutes.
Monterey
Sophomore

Post#28 » by Monterey » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:42 am

tetris wrote:Nelson has been a mediocre point guard his entire career. He play's above his head for half a season and now he's a top three point guard in his conference? :lol: I'm not buying it. He had a hot streak that's all. He'll revert back into his normal self like he always eventually does.

They need to try and sign Andre Miller and quit fooling around. Jameer is to small. He's to inconsistent. Really, the Magic should have kept Rafer as a backup.

Fine, fare enough. Even if you think he's inconsistent. What do you mean by that by the way? His shot? Cause he shoots at a good percentage. Hot streak for half a season is a PRETTY DAMN long streak. Can't you just get it through that maybe, just maybe, he's getting better and actually improving. No way!

You still didn't answer me though. Sessions is better than Nenson, Ford and Stuckey? Hmm. That really helps you and your argument seem relevant.
MaryvalesFinest wrote:Draft picks-A+, Earl Clark is already the best defender in this draft class and has the potential to be the second best player.

:lol:
PimpORL
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#29 » by PimpORL » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:52 am

tetris wrote:
Derekman wrote:
tetris wrote:Lame.

They can sign all the forwards they want...it doesn't matter. Their point guard situation is horrid.

Jameer Nelson is the best point guard in the East. And if it wasn't for a freak accident, we might be talking about the starting point guard for a championship team.

No. Harris, Rondo, Calderon, Rose, Miller, Sessions, maybe even TJ Ford and Stuckey are all better than Nelson.

The Magic should be using their MLE on Andre Miller instead of Matt Barnes. How does Barnes even help them? Dude doesn't even fill a need.

gtfo of RealGM. This doesn't even warrant a rebuttal.
Super_Mario_3
Senior
And1: 9

Post#30 » by Super_Mario_3 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:52 am

tetris wrote:
Derekman wrote:
tetris wrote:Lame.

They can sign all the forwards they want...it doesn't matter. Their point guard situation is horrid.

Jameer Nelson is the best point guard in the East. And if it wasn't for a freak accident, we might be talking about the starting point guard for a championship team.

No. Harris, Rondo, Calderon, Rose, Miller, Sessions, maybe even TJ Ford and Stuckey are all better than Nelson.

The Magic should be using their MLE on Andre Miller instead of Matt Barnes. How does Barnes even help them? Dude doesn't even fill a need.

uhhh... lol. Eastern Conference coaches beg to differ. Who did the coaches vote into the ASG? harris and jameer.

but i agree with the others. jameer is the 3rd best PG in the NBA, behind derrick rose and harris.
AgEnT50
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#31 » by AgEnT50 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:54 am

tundraknight wrote:I“ll take Rose over any other PG in the NBA. I just love how he's physically superior to most players at his position and also has blazing speed.

:o
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,037

Post#32 » by SOUL » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:58 am

dwighty111 wrote:
but i agree with the others. jameer is the 3rd best PG in the NBA, behind derrick rose and harris.

east*
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#33 » by Gordon Bombay » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:00 am

man chris paul doesnt make it out the first round and now all of a sudden he's yesterday's garbage
Mad Balla 15
RealGM
And1: 1,930

Post#34 » by Mad Balla 15 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:00 am

...How about this Barnes guy, he was pretty decent last year for Phoenix.
dan520
Pro Prospect

Post#35 » by dan520 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:00 am

Joana wrote:Rondo is superior to Nelson and way better than Harris and Rose (as of now, Rose will eventually be the better player), but how is this connected to Barnes?

homer, a few weeks of stats in the playoffs because of matchups doesn't mean this much he is not 'superior' to nelson nor is he 'way better' than harris and rose...his D is best among the 3 and thats it
What is basketball.....basketball is life.
Mad Balla 15
RealGM

Post#36 » by Mad Balla 15 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:03 am

Gordon Bombay wrote:man chris paul doesnt make it out the first round and now all of a sudden he's yesterday's garbage

He obviously meant in the East but accidently said in the NBA. I would say the top 4 PG in the league RIGHT NOW are arguably all in the West - Paul, Deron, Billups and Nash.
bc legends
Banned User

Post#37 » by bc legends » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:05 am

dan520 wrote:
Joana wrote:Rondo is superior to Nelson and way better than Harris and Rose (as of now, Rose will eventually be the better player), but how is this connected to Barnes?

homer, a few weeks of stats in the playoffs because of matchups doesn't mean this much he is not 'superior' to nelson nor is he 'way better' than harris and rose...his D is best among the 3 and thats it

you do realize how silly that sounds right? :lol: :lol:
AgEnT50
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#38 » by AgEnT50 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:07 am

Gordon Bombay wrote:man chris paul doesnt make it out the first round and now all of a sudden he's yesterday's garbage

seriously
dan520
Pro Prospect

Post#39 » by dan520 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:07 am

^ i would also take parker over any pg in the east, except rose after this season
What is basketball.....basketball is life.
Mad Balla 15
RealGM

Post#40 » by Mad Balla 15 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:11 am

dan520 wrote:^ i would also take parker over any pg in the east, except rose after this season

Oh yeah, forgot about Parker. So yeah, basically the top 5 PGs in the league are in the West.

Return to The General Board