Matt Barnes Signing With The Magic?

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Inc
Senior
And1: 58

Re: Matt Barnes Signing With The Magic? 

Post#81 » by Inc » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:10 pm

MinnyMo wrote:
Derekman wrote:
tetris wrote:Lame.

They can sign all the forwards they want...it doesn't matter. Their point guard situation is horrid.

Jameer Nelson is the best point guard in the East. And if it wasn't for a freak accident, we might be talking about the starting point guard for a championship team.

Having Dwight howard makes Nelson an all-star

Then Rondo having KG, Pierce, and Allen makes him overrated
richboy
RealGM
And1: 2,486

Post#82 » by richboy » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:43 pm

Having Dwight Howard and SVG will make Barnes a solid defender. Seriously defense seems to be a question with everyone that puts on a Magic jerseey but SVG is such a good defensive coach and put an anchor like Dwight behind you and suddenly JJ Redick can play heavy minutes against an all-star.

Also think Barnes will play great in this system. The double teams on Dwight will get him a lot of open looks. He isn't a great player but nice player to add to the bench.
"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden
ORLd12
Senior
And1: 0

Post#83 » by ORLd12 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:56 pm

Um, doesn't sound like Barnes is coming to Orlando. Not for the little amount they can offer him.
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#84 » by NickAnderson » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:45 pm

I guess someone heard that the Cavs signed Barnes on espn radio...

http://www.cavfanatic.com/go/thread/vie ... att_Barnes
InBoobieWeTrust
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#85 » by InBoobieWeTrust » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:46 pm

I don't buy it, our beat writer was on local radio yesterday saying that while Barnes has said he wants to play here, the Cavs haven't formally offered him a contract.

Plus, cavfanatic is probably the worst site to pull a rumor from, easily the worst Cavs board on the net.
dawn_wan
Veteran
And1: 612

Post#86 » by dawn_wan » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:49 pm

How many big men do they freaking need?
NickAnderson
General Manager

Post#87 » by NickAnderson » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:50 pm

InBoobieWeTrust wrote:I don't buy it, our beat writer was on local radio yesterday saying that while Barnes has said he wants to play here, the Cavs haven't formally offered him a contract.

Plus, cavfanatic is probably the worst site to pull a rumor from, easily the worst Cavs board on the net.

^^
My bad didnt know it was that unreliable.
bcortell
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#88 » by bcortell » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:58 pm

NickAnderson wrote:I guess someone heard that the Cavs signed Barnes on espn radio...

http://www.cavfanatic.com/go/thread/vie ... att_Barnes

Stay away from Cavfanatic. That site is garbage.
Malinhion
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#89 » by Malinhion » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:02 pm

I waited all day to open this thread because I figured it was bull. Then I did and the source was HoopsWorld. Go figure. I'm not wasting my time reading another post.
Joana
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#90 » by Joana » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:11 am

The source isn't Hoopsworld. Barnes' agent himself said there's mutual interest.

"The interest is definitely mutual. Matt [Barnes] obviously likes the Magic and likes what’s going on there. But the conversations haven’t gotten to the point where anything’s imminent."

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports ... inent.html
NickAnderson
General Manager

Post#91 » by NickAnderson » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:22 am

Its only Twitter but...

Jared Dudley letting Bucher know Barnes is going to choose between Cleveland & Atlanta. Good luck Cavs fans! (y)

"JaredDudley619@RicBucher and also matt will be at cleveland or atl... show ur boy some loveabout 2 hours ago from web in reply to RicBucher"

I wonder if Otis even had Barnes in mind... lots of rumors but no rumors of an actual offer...
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,408

Post#92 » by og15 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:29 am

tetris wrote:Nelson has been a mediocre point guard his entire career. He play's above his head for half a season and now he's a top three point guard in his conference? :lol: I'm not buying it. He had a hot streak that's all. He'll revert back into his normal self like he always eventually does.

They need to try and sign Andre Miller and quit fooling around. Jameer is to small. He's to inconsistent. Really, the Magic should have kept Rafer as a backup.
Andre Miller is a bad pick and roll PG. He's best at finding players off of cuts and he's a post up PG. I'm not sure how a PG who can't shoot three's, likes to post up, and sucks at the pick and roll would be a good choice for the Magic to pair with Dwight Howard.
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#93 » by Gordon Bombay » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:32 am

so is matt barnes just sitting outside the cavs practice facility waiting for ferry to come out? lol

i dont even think we've contacted him yet
killacalijatt
General Manager
And1: 1,708

Post#94 » by killacalijatt » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:51 am

Barnes is legit when ever your teams loosing and your pissed Matt well always cheer you up with his flagrants foul. No Joke
DanLanghiOwnsAll
Veteran
And1: 28

Post#95 » by DanLanghiOwnsAll » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:09 am

I played softball with Matt Barnes in Citrus Heights, CA last week. He didn't really try too hard, but he robbed a home run in left field. It was pretty cool. He autographed my Warrior hat and seemed like a chill dude.

Return to The General Board