Anthony Randolph: Making Hollinger look stupider by the day

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

eslr
Assistant Coach
And1: 25

Re: Anthony Randolph: Making Hollinger look stupider by the day 

Post#81 » by eslr » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:27 pm

City Situation wrote:
Wade2k6 wrote:He has some nice potential, but gets way overhyped on these boards. He's a 3rd or 4th option on a championship level team, much like Odoms role in his prime.

How the hell does he get overhyped?

So just because the "class clown" of the Warriors board compared him to Magic Johnson this suddenly means that everyone on RealGM is overrating the kid? People need to stop acting like idiots, they hear a Randolph/Magic comparison that wasn't even supposed to be serious in the first place and all of a sudden they get mad and butthurt at the fact that Randolph's name gets brought up every once in a while.

How does he get overhyped?

Reminds me of a young KG to be honest

Randolph simply has the better all-around game than Beasley and he's already grown to nearly 7 feet

Anthony Randolph is a FREAK. He just doesn't compare. He's one of those guys where stats don't and CAN'T tell you how good a guy can become. Randolph has all the tools to be the next big thing.

Randolph will be a top 5 big beast in the league in the next 3 years..guaransheed...he is going to be crazy good...

he's going to be IT, there franchise player.

Do people not realize that Randolph put up 17/11 in the last month of the season last year?
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,156

Post#82 » by Edrees » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:35 pm

this thread will mean more in 2 years when we find out if randolph is any good or not..
TAI8
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#83 » by TAI8 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:20 pm

I like how the guy wants to be the best. I can't recall the exact quote but I remember he said something along the lines of being one of the greats. He has all the tools to reach the elite stratosphere and from what I've heard he has a tremendous work ethic which makes it that much more attainable. And he was just a 19 year old freshman out of college so the sky is the limit for him.
UGA Hayes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,077

Post#84 » by UGA Hayes » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:15 pm

I don't think Hollinger should ditch his system completely, but rather he should do a more in depth in season breakdown of the numbers. A lot of those one and done freshmen had really good end to what had been poor to average seasons. I bet if he could weigh for that his numbers would look better. Also some guys like Lopez were hurt for the cupcake portion of their season so he had a lowere than percentage than the an inflated 50% shooting percentage that most studs had.

Return to The General Board