Odom, Agent to Meet with Buss Tomorrow

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Lakersfan23
Banned User
And1: 0

Odom, Agent to Meet with Buss Tomorrow 

Post#1 » by Lakersfan23 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:56 am

Odom, Schwartz to Meet with Buss Tomorrow Morning
Sources from the Lakers' organization have informed that Lamar Odom and his agent, Jeff Schwartz, will be meeting with Lakers' owner Jerry Buss on Wednesday morning. The issue at hand will be whether Dr. Buss has agreed to either a) add a 4th guaranteed year to the current offer, or b) revive the original offer of 3 years, $30 million guaranteed. I am being told that if Buss agrees to either of these 2 things, Odom will sign the contract there and then. If not, negotations may be further prolonged until an agreement is reached. Stay tuned tomorrow for updates.

http://lakersguy.blogspot.com/

This guy's been right so far with everything he's posted...

He reported the Lakers would lower their offer from the original 3 year, $30 million two days before the major media outlets picked up on it.
Patterns
Banned User
And1: 18

Re: Odom, Agent to Meet with Buss Tomorrow 

Post#2 » by Patterns » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:00 am

Buss: Take it or leave it.
Odom: I will talk to Miami. You better watch out. I might really sign with them.

*2 weeks later*

"Odom calls Buss to talk"

"Buss lowers his offer even more"

Wake me up when something solid actually happens instead of speculation and rumors.
CodyB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#3 » by CodyB » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:03 am

I think Lamar is clutching at straws here. His only offer is Miami and he is "attempting" to use that is a bargaining chip. He is extremely lucky and, in turn, so are us Laker fans, that Jerry Buss hasn't completely walked away from the table. Lamar isn't a key piece, but he puts over the top. His versatility, at 6'11, to dominate any bigman off the dribble gives us amazing advantage, especially against 2nd units because there isn't a bigman in the league that can really defend his penetrating ability.

On the other hand, we are still a very good team without him. We lack the depth of a proven bench, but I think this bench can actually prove itself. Shannon Brown and Jordan Farmar are both very talented and I think, around February we might be able to trade one of them for a backup 4 or 5.
I love your mum in my shirt
Clangus
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#4 » by Clangus » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:06 am

I support LA when my team doesn't make the playoffs, and the Lakers NEEEEED lamar. I hope they get it done soon!
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,178

Post#5 » by Heat3 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:09 am

Patterns wrote:Buss: Take it or leave it.
Odom: I will talk to Miami.

*2 weeks later*

"Odom calls Buss to talk"

Wake me up when something solid actually happens instead of speculation and rumors.

:lol: :lol:
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

shortodom
Veteran
And1: 57

Post#6 » by shortodom » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:20 am

i have a gut feeling this will be it... Odom and his agent try one more time to get Buss to get on there page or he's signing with Miami, Buss will say F*** Y ** and let him walk... or Odom will sign with us for what we're offering already cause Buss ain't going higher
LakerFanMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#7 » by LakerFanMan » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:24 am

I hope Buss doesn't let him go. I really don't care if he has to overpay slightly, Odom needs to come back.
dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 157

Post#8 » by dflash3 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:29 am

Let's hope Buss is the man of his word that Laker fans have been describing him as. A guy who doesn't go back on his words.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#9 » by iamworthy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:39 am

Has anyone heard of the lakersguy.blogspot.com/?
dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by dflash3 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:42 am

You know making a Blog and acting as you know inside sources would be a great way to get a ton of hits on your website. I think I'll do that.
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#11 » by iamworthy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:48 am

dflash3 wrote:You know making a Blog and acting as you know inside sources would be a great way to get a ton of hits on your website. I think I'll do that.

Exactly!!! :lol:
dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by dflash3 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:51 am

iamworthy wrote:
dflash3 wrote:You know making a Blog and acting as you know inside sources would be a great way to get a ton of hits on your website. I think I'll do that.

Make sure you make two blogs. One saying he goes to the Lakers and the other the Heat, so afterwards you just choose the blog that had it right. And you will be a "legit source" in the future and a loyal following will develop. And then you will get enough attention that you can write for ESPN. :D
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#13 » by iamworthy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:58 am

dflash3 wrote:
iamworthy wrote:

Make sure you make two blogs. One saying he goes to the Lakers and the other the Heat, so afterwards you just choose the blog that had it right. And you will be a "legit source" in the future and a loyal following will develop. And then you will get enough attention that you can write for ESPN. :D

:lol: :lol:
Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Post#14 » by Chosen01 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:00 am

dflash3 wrote:
iamworthy wrote:

All Jokes aside... thats Pure Genious. *Claps* Either way people will WOW you are a legit source.
BallAboveAll
Bench Warmer
And1: 4

Post#15 » by BallAboveAll » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:22 am

Hopefully he comes back. I'd be a bit upset if we let him go. Even though he can really vanish at times I appreciate what he has done for us.
Clangus
Banned User

Post#16 » by Clangus » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:28 am

Come on old man Buss. This has taken WAAAY to freaking long.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#17 » by GameTime_3 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:59 am

Hopefully tomorrow is the deadline. Lamar goes in with Buss, tells him what he wants and Buss say"Here is the offer or nothing"....
eagles nut
Analyst
And1: 266

Post#18 » by eagles nut » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:59 am

There is some suspicion the guy may have legit sources, but we don't know his identity. We don't know whether he works for a legit media organization or web site. For what we know, this is nothing more than rumor.
LA Titletown
Banned User

Post#19 » by LA Titletown » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:29 am

dflash3 wrote:Let's hope Buss is the man of his word that Laker fans have been describing him as. A guy who doesn't go back on his words.

Is a man not entitled to further negotiate or change his mind?
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#20 » by LLcoleJ » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:31 am

Locking based on source.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags

Return to The General Board