Report: Oden out for season, broken left knee cap

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

sixerbond
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Report: Oden out for season, broken left knee cap 

Post#101 » by sixerbond » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:39 am

I'm reading ALL these, Oh, I feel so sorry for the kid...WTF!! I mean Oden was as brittle as Crystal
in High School, and in college, and in the Pros. And yet, for all his accomplishing absolutely ZIP
when he has played. The guy is Guaranteed OVER 100 + Million dollars ???

Hell, if you wanna feel sorry for somebody, how about the " Confirmed " 150 Million Americans right now under the age of 50 who are without a Job in this country!! But feel sorry for Oden ?

B!tches PLEASE!!
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#102 » by SportsWorld » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:41 am

TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow. Hopefully he'll be back and strong next year.

That would be nice but it looks like Oden is going to have to deal with these injuries throughout his career.
ronnymac2
RealGM
And1: 4,888

Re: Oden taken off on stretcher 

Post#103 » by ronnymac2 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:41 am

This sucks. I feel really bad for Greg. He seems like a good guy and a hard worker. Very down to earth. With his prior injuries, I got the feeling that he seemed to be very sad and down on himself simply because he felt he was letting his teammates down. That itself leads me to believe that he's a good teammate and good character person in the locker-room. This must really hurt him mentally and emotionally, which makes if far worse to watch for me personally.

I was really happy with how he was playing. I might be a Laker fan, but I love dominant centers. I've always wanted Bynum, Oden, and Howard to grow together in the league and become dominant centers all at the same time. I watched Greg in college on tv whenever I could and I loved his talent. I was optimistic this season, too- I evened drafted Greg onto my fantasy team.

I hope his recovery goes well.
Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle
Open your heart and hands, my son
Or you'll never make it over the river
ronnymac2
RealGM
And1: 4,888

Re: Oden taken off on stretcher 

Post#104 » by ronnymac2 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:41 am

Double Post.
Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle
Open your heart and hands, my son
Or you'll never make it over the river
ptown08
Sixth Man

Post#105 » by ptown08 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:42 am

sixerbond wrote:I'm reading ALL these, Oh, I feel so sorry for the kid...WTF!! I mean Oden was as brittle as Crystal
in High School, and in college, and in the Pros. And yet, for all his accomplishing absolutely ZIP

Hell, if you wanna feel sorry for somebody, how about the " Confirmed " 150 Million Americans right now under the age of 50 who are without a Job in this country!! But feel sorry for Oden ?

B!tches PLEASE!!

You're a loser
Get Healthy Big Fella
ARISE_CHICKEN
Senior
And1: 238

Post#106 » by ARISE_CHICKEN » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:42 am

sixerbond wrote:I'm reading ALL these, Oh, I feel so sorry for the kid...WTF!! I mean Oden was as brittle as Crystal

B!tches PLEASE!!

Oh, another one of these arguments
prekazi
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#107 » by prekazi » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:42 am

I want to cry. man, this is so sad..
"Die Freiheit ist immer nur Freiheit der Andersdenkenden." R.Luxemburg

http://twitter.com/prekazi
hungryhippo
Ballboy

Post#108 » by hungryhippo » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:43 am

That looked awful. Hope he can recover and come back healthy in the future.

Big men like Oden and Yao just seem to be much more injury-prone that the "regular-sized" players in the NBA--those regular-sized by NBA's standards, anyway...
SportsWorld
RealGM

Post#109 » by SportsWorld » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:44 am

how about the " Confirmed " 150 Million Americans right now under the age of 50 who are without a Job in this country

150 million Americans are without a job? WTF... That's like 50% of our population which simply isn't true. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,594

Post#110 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:45 am

I welcome Portland fans to the treadmill of mediocrity Raps fans have been treading for years. There's plenty of room.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#111 » by 5DOM » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:45 am

It's sad to see anybody have injury like that.
But it's even more unfortunate when it happens to a kid like Oden who's already gone through so much.
I'm sure he'll come back stronger than ever when he does.
Puertorique
Banned User

Post#112 » by Puertorique » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:45 am

B!tches PLEASE!!

I agree you should feel bad for all the people out of work right now however you can't just dismiss that this kid's career is in jeopardy possibly. In your post I see more hate because he has made millions playing a sport then a person concerned about a people who are out of work. Oden was lucky to have a chance to play in the NBA and have a chance to hopefully continue to play, however you can't hate on the guy for that, and it is ok to say I feel bad for someone who got injured. It's a different scale sympathy that is being displayed in this thread.

Should people feel bad for people who are unemployed because of the current economy, of course they should. Does that mean that they shouldn't feel bad for a kid who has potential getting injured? Of course not.
TAI8
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#113 » by TAI8 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:46 am

OMG out for season?! Holy $hit... :o
Kayjay
Banned User
And1: 180

Post#114 » by Kayjay » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:47 am

Half of all Americans are unemployed?
Free Rider
Veteran
And1: 1,567

Post#115 » by Free Rider » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:47 am

I really feel sorry for him. He seems like a really nice guy, works hard to make himself better, tries to play the right way, doesn't have the attitude you see in a lot of young players. I no fan of the Blazers but I want to see this kid succeed, he deserves nothing but the best considering everything he's gone.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#116 » by miller31time » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:49 am

Good lord....it just never ends.

Whether he's paid 100mil or 1 dollar, you have to feel for the guy. Basketball is his life and it's slowly being taken away from him. That sucks, plain and simple.

But it really is amazing how brittle he is.
SportsWorld
RealGM

Post#117 » by SportsWorld » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:49 am

Kayjay wrote:Half of all Americans are unemployed?

Well he did say under 50 and kids 0-16 probably aren't working so that probably makes up some of that. :lol:
britblazerdude
RealGM
And1: 1,344

Post#118 » by britblazerdude » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:49 am

B!tches PLEASE!!

Yeah because a guy missing out on a potentially HOFer career due to injury isn't sad. Sports is an integral part of American society and a guy missing out on a chance like that is really sad.

I don't understand where you get the number 150,000,000. You're seriously suggesting that half of all Americans are without a job?

Obviously we feel sad for people without a job too. But save your self-righteous preaching for yourself. No one wants to hear someone with their head shoved tightly up their own ass.
To Dare Is To Do? 13 League Titles. You've only got 2.
Nirvana
Pro Prospect

Post#119 » by Nirvana » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:49 am

I hope he can overcome the injuries like Big Z did so he can have a productive career.
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#120 » by That Nicka » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:50 am

Yao and Oden both out for the season.. 2 of the NBAs top 10 centers

Return to The General Board