Report: Oden out for season, broken left knee cap

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Re: Report: Oden out for season, broken left knee cap 

Post#281 » by Flash3 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 2:26 pm

Once again, can we please QUIT THE PERSONAL ATTACKS and calling other fanbases names and such.

Grow up
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
Nothingface
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#282 » by Nothingface » Sun Dec 6, 2009 2:46 pm

5DOM wrote:
magicfan4life05 wrote:I wish Oden and Blazers fans the best.

Can someone explain how he got injured? I've watched the video 5 times and all I see is Oden going down, what happened? Was it just a freak accident or did he get hit ?

There was a small collision between him and Brooks and it looks like that might have caused the injury.
I think He got hurt before landing.

I think it broke as he jumped. He landed on his other leg and was already starting to clutch his knee as he was coming down..
I do what I feel, not because people ask me to do this,” Bargnani says, holding his hands over his head and doing a strange chicken dance.
Official
Veteran
And1: 321

Post#283 » by Official » Sun Dec 6, 2009 3:19 pm

Greg Oden is done
TheBoondocks
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#284 » by TheBoondocks » Sun Dec 6, 2009 3:25 pm

It's amazing how much everyone loves this guy. He just seems like such a good kid. I remember when he first got drafted and I saw a video blog where he showed the world his bedroom in his mom's house and I felt like he was so articulate and so humble. I thought he could very possibly be one of my favorite athletes of all time. I feel so bad for him.

So many arrogant jerks in professional sports. This just seems unfair. :(
KRANG
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,319

Post#285 » by KRANG » Sun Dec 6, 2009 3:26 pm

Am I mistaken or can you actually hear it snap when it gets picked up by the basket mic ?

If so, that is one of the sickest sounds I have ever heard.

I wouldn't wish that kind of injury on anybody.
Courtesy of Turbo_Zone
YLSKillaCam
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#286 » by YLSKillaCam » Sun Dec 6, 2009 3:41 pm

Get well soon, big fella. I wanna see Oden reach the potential he has. It'll be good for the league and he's such a great kid.
Optms
RealGM
And1: 17,120

Post#287 » by Optms » Sun Dec 6, 2009 3:49 pm

Ouch. I feel horrible for that man and the Blazers. This is really bad for the NBA as well. It's been far too long since we've seen some decent centers playing. With Oden out, the quality of good to great centers drops. I think we all were really looking to see match up's between Oden/Bynum Oden/Howard Oden/Yao for years. Hopefully a miracle takes place with his life and career here. I'd like to see him come back and still be very effective. He has age on his side.
J-Ville Smoke
Head Coach
And1: 296

Post#288 » by J-Ville Smoke » Sun Dec 6, 2009 3:53 pm

Block Party wrote:Look at all those jackass Magic fans pounce on the injury. They're playing it off as being "sad", but deep inside they feel great.

People should be sad to see such a good, REAL kid go down. He isn't fake like most "superstars" (see Howard, Dwight) and he tries as much as he can, but I really feel sad not for his basketball career, but the pain he must be going through.

To the Magic fans: I never wish ill upon players, and I won't upon yours. But here's hoping you guys mature and become a classy fanbase. That is all...

What the hell is this post all about?

Get well soon Greg, the NBA needs their big men and you were on track to be one of the best in the league.
Волков бояться — в лес не ходить.
He Hate Me
Starter
And1: 2

Post#289 » by He Hate Me » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:42 pm

A MUST WATCH TRIBUTE TO ODEN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep8ewVzv ... re=related

FYI Motumbo injured his knee while being guarded by Oden.
I'm just trying to get into heaven, it's not like I'm gonna run for Jesus.
Cro_Ruption
Sixth Man
And1: 93

Post#290 » by Cro_Ruption » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:43 pm

e Lakers fans, Suns fans, Golden State fans, Bulls fans, Raptor Fans, Magic Fans, and more all thought that this moment was better served for well wishing than trash talk, Respect.
SharoneWright wrote:I would not trade Bargs for Roy.

Monster or no.

i said it. And I live in a flame retardent suit.
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,819

Post#291 » by RoyceDa59 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:57 pm

I think collectively as basketball fans we all feel really bad for this guy and for Portland fans. Oden seems like such a good kid who grew too quickly as a child which ultimately compromised his durability. I have my fingers crossed for a full recovery, and that perhaps one day, most likely a little further down the road, he still reaches most of his potential and has a successful stretch of injury-free basketball. Not all hope is lost - he still has the ability to do a defensive stalwart in the NBA - but it's hard to believe that he will still live up to the extremely high expectations that we set for him out of high school. None the less, I'm still keeping faith as I've always believed in the power of positive thinking.

Best of luck, Greg.
Go Raps!!
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#292 » by Throwback24 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 5:04 pm

What Royce said.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
rockybalboa11
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#293 » by rockybalboa11 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 5:06 pm

sad

i dunno what the deal with centers is but every single one of them (except dwight, for now) has suffered serious injury almost regularly in recent history
GOAT_Marbury wrote:Nelly, Fonzworth Bentley and Urkel had a sex party.... D Wade was the result
He Hate Me
Starter
And1: 2

Post#294 » by He Hate Me » Sun Dec 6, 2009 5:10 pm

rockybalboa11 wrote:sad

i dunno what the deal with centers is but every single one of them (except dwight, for now) has suffered serious injury almost regularly in recent history

^ I have a guess... THEY ARE 7 @$@#ING FEET TALL and sprint around and jump as high as they can in traffic while other players throw their bodies into them TRYING to draw contact. Only way we could make this more dangerous is to lace the court with trampolines and tell them to tackle... oh, wait.
I'm just trying to get into heaven, it's not like I'm gonna run for Jesus.
sdeezy
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#295 » by sdeezy » Sun Dec 6, 2009 5:15 pm

I think when he comes back, he should focus on losing a lot of weight..right now he looks about 275-280. I honestly think, with his knee issues he should try getting to about 255-260. Yes he will lose some of his ridiculous strength but i dont his knees can handle his upper body mass.
montestewart wrote:Blatche and McGee standing next to Boozer and Thomas reminded me of first-time offenders meeting real cons in a "scared straight" program.
TommyTheCat
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#296 » by TommyTheCat » Sun Dec 6, 2009 5:54 pm

damn, that sucks. hopefully he'll be able to come back and have a long @ss healthy streak
20MexicanosIn1Van
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#297 » by 20MexicanosIn1Van » Sun Dec 6, 2009 6:49 pm

He Hate Me wrote:
rockybalboa11 wrote:sad

^ I have a guess... THEY ARE 7 @$@#ING FEET TALL and sprint around and jump as high as they can in traffic while other players throw their bodies into them TRYING to draw contact. Only way we could make this more dangerous is to lace the court with trampolines and tell them to tackle... oh, wait.

You make a good point here. The rules are so focused on getting players to the line, scoring points, and protecting the guards. But in turn, it's hurting (literally) the big guys.
JellosJigglin
RealGM
And1: 9,419

Post#298 » by JellosJigglin » Sun Dec 6, 2009 6:55 pm

As a Laker fan I've really, really, really been looking forward to watching Bynum and Oden battle it out for an entire basketball generation. I guess we'll have to wait another season. Oden will be back. I just don't know if he'll ever be able to stay healthy for an entire season. Can't imagine what's going through his head right now. Get well soon Greg.
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#299 » by Anklebreaker702 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 7:23 pm

wone wrote:The difference is that Bynum and his fat ass deserved it after sending Gerald Wallace to the paramedics..Oden OTOH is a class act and an all-around good guy..He is probably one of the last guys that deserves something like this..

This is obvious Laker hate "with his fat ass"? Either you are a pure hater or haven't seen Drew since High School or just plain need some damn glasses. How do you intentionally try to collapse someone's lung? He also waited for their bus & apologized to the whole team.
VETERAN LAKER FAN
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,973

Post#300 » by tundraknight » Sun Dec 6, 2009 7:33 pm

*waits for some cold hearted poster to bump the "Is Greg Oden a bust?" thread to pour salt in the wounds.

Anyways, its sucks yet another serious injury happened to him right after he made a full recovery from his last serious injury. I can only imagine how mentally draining that must be and how depressed he is fealing.

It think the combination of him being a very athletic 7-footer, but with extremely long and lanky legs makes him so injury prone. I just seems like any wrong/awkward movement with his lower body makes him at risk for some type acl tear, sprain, contusion, etc.

I thinks it's either that, bad luck, or a combination of both.

Return to The General Board