Ariza throws punch at Derozan. [suspended 1 game]

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,455

Re: Ariza throws punch at Derozan. 

Post#81 » by Slava » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:58 pm

DumbyTheWizard wrote:
j-far wrote:He got into Sasha's face during a timeout for missing a defensive rotation once when he was with the Lakers and there were reports that B Shaw had to hold him back just to calm him down.

He probably just hates Sasha so he took advantage of the situation and started yelling at him. That happens to everyone...

Like I said that's the only reported situation. The Lakers reporter would say that everyone on the team is aware of Ariza's temper. He's a great guy though.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Ito
General Manager
And1: 790

Post#82 » by Ito » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:59 pm

MHZ wrote:People need to calm down a bit. I know if it happens to somebody on your team, all of a sudden you're required to become Mother Theresa, and just be so concerned about everybody's well being out there.

To act like he tried to hurt him, or anything like that is pretty foolish. Pretty hard to premeditate something when it's a split second reaction on a loose ball. Was it stupid? Absolutely, and he deserves a suspension, but let's not make it out to be more than it is.

I honestly thought people were exaggerating... but after I seen the video it was definitely a dick move by Ariza.... just couldnt control his emotions right there for that second, but i agree stuff like that happens..

I doubt he'll get suspended... Did Shaq get suspended when he tried punching Miller but missed?
TOStateofMind
RealGM
And1: 21,350

Post#83 » by TOStateofMind » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:04 pm

He deserves at least one game for that. All im gonna say is he incredibly lucky he didnt hit him in the head.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#84 » by MHZ » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:05 pm

PopsMensahBonsu wrote:
MHZ wrote:
PopsMensahBonsu wrote:It wasnt much because he didnt connect but had it connected like he was trying to then he could of seriously hurt demar. It was similar to the bertuzzi incident. So i think this deserves a 2 game suspension at the least

Nice overstatement there.

Overstatement because the punch didnt connect but both intents were pretty clear. Derozan just so happened to speed up fast enough or else he would of been knocked in the back of his head and maybe sent to the ground. The out comes were different but thats because derozan was able to avoid the punch. I dont see how im overstating this much :roll:

Bertuzzi both planned to do it ahead of time, and drove his neck into the ice after punching him. Premeditation alone makes them not even comparable. Give me a break, dude.
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#85 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:10 pm

What was he doing? what was he thinking?

Imagine if it would of connected? :nonono:
britblazerdude
RealGM
And1: 1,344

Post#86 » by britblazerdude » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:11 pm

Second time in two years Ariza has attempted to knock someone out from behind. He's a total idiot. And a bitch. He should ask KG on a date.
To Dare Is To Do? 13 League Titles. You've only got 2.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#87 » by CB-Blazer » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:17 pm

britblazerdude wrote:Second time in two years Ariza has attempted to knock someone out from behind. He's a total idiot. And a bitch. He should ask KG on a date.

Really? Some Blazer fans still aren't over the Ariza play from last year? It was a severe over-reaction to begin with.

Nothing like what Ariza did today.
|llsT oNe
Starter
And1: 165

Post#88 » by |llsT oNe » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:20 pm

For those behind the back attacks to the head, it should be an auto 5 game suspension minimum imo.
farzi
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#89 » by farzi » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:21 pm

CB-Blazer wrote:
britblazerdude wrote:Second time in two years Ariza has attempted to knock someone out from behind. He's a total idiot. And a bitch. He should ask KG on a date.

Really? Some Blazer fans still aren't over the Ariza play from last year? It was a severe over-reaction to begin with.

It was the reaction after the Rudy incident. No remorse, just trying to be hard. He's a bitch.
Thank you for all the memories BRoy. You were a class act and brought hope to an entire region for 5 years. You will be missed.
TheDunc
Head Coach
And1: 1,275

Post#90 » by TheDunc » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:23 pm

MHZ wrote:
PopsMensahBonsu wrote:
MHZ wrote:
Nice overstatement there.

Overstatement because the punch didnt connect but both intents were pretty clear. Derozan just so happened to speed up fast enough or else he would of been knocked in the back of his head and maybe sent to the ground. The out comes were different but thats because derozan was able to avoid the punch. I dont see how im overstating this much :roll:

Bertuzzi both planned to do it ahead of time, and drove his neck into the ice after punching him. Premeditation alone makes them not even comparable. Give me a break, dude.

:roll: , bertuzzi's intention was to try to knock Moore out. He ended up swinging and connected. Ariza was struggling all game long as seen by his 0-9. So he was pissed when derozan stole the ball from him, so he tried to swing and hit derozan from behind. If that would of connected then it could of been really dangerous. Im not saying to suspend ariza for the whole year. But he should get atleast 2-3 games because if that would of connected derozan could of got seriously hurt.

I think there similar because both players were frustrated and tried to land a cheap shot. Ariza just missed.
retrospect24
Starter
And1: 37

Post#91 » by retrospect24 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:25 pm

Oh, the irony. :lol:
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#92 » by MHZ » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:25 pm

But that's just the thing, they weren't both frustration plays. Vancouver was out to take out Moore before that game even started, it was a planned out play. Ariza did a stupid thing in the heat of the moment out of frustration. Stupid, and deserves punishment from the league, I'm not denying that. It's nowhere close to as dangerous as Bertuzzi's planned out attack.

And I officially want to shoot myself for discussing hockey.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,693

Post#93 » by SOUL » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:26 pm

bill lambieer is rolling over in his grave
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#94 » by MHZ » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:29 pm

Soul wrote:bill lambieer is rolling over in his grave

I would hope, if he is in a grave right now, that he's trying to roll over or do something to get out of it, considering he's not dead.
Silk Wilkes
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#95 » by Silk Wilkes » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:30 pm

Cammo101 wrote:The best part of this whole thing is Toronto's point guard is their enforcer.

Only the size of the heart counts. Who's Orlando's "enforcer" by the way? I can't find one...
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,693

Post#96 » by SOUL » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:32 pm

Youngblood wrote:
Cammo101 wrote:The best part of this whole thing is Toronto's point guard is their enforcer.

Only the size of the heart counts. Who's Orlando's "enforcer" by the way? I can't find one...

Redick
The MVPlaya
Starter
And1: 33

Post#97 » by The MVPlaya » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:32 pm

farzi wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:

It was the reaction after the Rudy incident. No remorse, just trying to be hard. He's a bitch.

Please. Go look at the play again, he wasn't even given enough time to go over to Rudy and see if he was ok because Roy wanted to be a tough guy and get in Ariza's face. So what was he supposed to do? Say he's sorry to Roy when he's in his face talkin ****? :roll: Ariza didn't do anything "wrong", he went for the block and instead got his head.

Today, he didn't even connect, so I'm not sure what he was supposed to apologize for. Obviously, he knew he was wrong and didn't argue his ejection. And again, Jack was the one who came over to Ariza wanting to be the tough guy.
rayofsunshine
Sixth Man
And1: 460

Post#98 » by rayofsunshine » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:40 pm

Oh, Toronto can get gully against the rockets, but did nothing when bosh was kicked in the nuts against the celtics.
Silk Wilkes
Banned User

Post#99 » by Silk Wilkes » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:41 pm

Soul wrote:
Youngblood wrote:

Redick

I've been trumped.
Silk Wilkes
Banned User

Post#100 » by Silk Wilkes » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:41 pm

rayofsunshine wrote:Oh, Toronto can get gully against the rockets, but did nothing when bosh was kicked in the nuts against the celtics.

That's what made everyone call them out. Next time the Celtics try to kick some nuts we'll see what happens.

Return to The General Board