TrueHoop: Bosh Wants To Be The Man

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

DonkeyPunch
Junior
And1: 56

TrueHoop: Bosh Wants To Be The Man 

Post#1 » by DonkeyPunch » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:45 pm

Haven't seen it posted yet...lock if need be.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop

First Bosh scoffed at folks who think he’s already made his decision to leave the league’s only Canadian franchise.

“He’s gone, it’s over, it’s done,” Bosh said in a mocking tone.

Then Bosh revealed that he’s not necessarily interested in playing anywhere that he’s not the clear-cut franchise player.

“That’s a good question,” Bosh said when asked by ESPN The Magazine’s Ric Bucher if he’s bothered by the widespread perception that he’s determined to follow either LeBron James or Dwyane Wade by signing on with one of the teams they choose starting July 1.

“It’s funny you say that, because I was thinking about it. I was just looking at what people say and it’s like, ‘Chris is going to go here and play with him or this, this and that.’ I’m like, ‘Wait a minute.’ I feel like I should be built around. And maybe that’s just my ego talking, but I feel that I’m a very good player in this league and I’m only going to get better. So … maybe we should be getting somebody [in Toronto].”

We as fans have to understand one thing: Wade, Bosh, and Bron have egos the size of Jupiter, they are not ready to go ring chasing just yet. They believe they 're franchise players and they sure as hell don't wanna share the limelight. Show these guys you want to win by building around them, and they'll stay. I think Bron and Bosh are satisfied, Lebron is heading to the Finals, and although the Craptors are only 4/5th seed max, MLSE went out last summer and committed over $100 million to provide CB4 with some help. If Miami shows the same committment to Wade, he isnt going anywhere either. These guys just want their ego stoked. That and an extra $30 million their current team can provide.

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women." Conan
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,540

Re: TrueHoop: Bosh Wants To Be The Man 

Post#2 » by DG88 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:51 pm

Raptor fans have been saying this from the start of the season Bosh wants to be the man and he's got that in Toronto.
RJ2392
Veteran
And1: 8

Post#3 » by RJ2392 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:04 pm

DG88 wrote:Raptor fans have been saying this from the start of the season Bosh wants to be the man and he's got that in Toronto.

you're avatar matches what you just said lol
IceColdCuban
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#4 » by IceColdCuban » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:05 pm

What superstar is going to say the opposite? He knows hes a great player that has room to improve, its obvious he wouldnt say the contrary. He considers himself a franchise player, tell me something I dont know! But he still says in the article, part of which is not quoted there at the end that he is still going to pick the minds of Wade, and Lebron to get their opinions. So theres No context of Bosh saying hes either leaving or staying, This article proves neither. He is just emphasizing that people dont consider him a number one option but instead a number two. Wether he choosies to be that number one option or number two in another team will come down in free agency. Nobody here has a crystal ball and knows whats going to happen, I just hate people who keep misinterpreting every single article about their teams superstar.
RoleModel
Analyst
And1: 5,701

Post#5 » by RoleModel » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:10 pm

In before other teams now bash Bosh because he isn't coming to their team.

I expect Knicks fans to come in here singing the praises of David Lee even though he has inflated stats on a ****** team. :lol:

For anyone here that watches Raptors games I think you would agree with me in saying that this season Bosh has been unstoppable.
raps4life~
General Manager
And1: 25

Post#6 » by raps4life~ » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:15 pm

IceColdCuban wrote:What superstar is going to say the opposite?

Dwyane Wade. Multiple times.
IceColdCuban
Sophomore

Post#7 » by IceColdCuban » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:18 pm

raps4life~ wrote:

show me an article where Wades states he doesnt want to be a franchise player.
Westfo3
Banned User

Post#8 » by Westfo3 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:19 pm

Bosh better get out of the East while JJ Hickson is still young. Another season or two JJ Hickson will take over as the starting PF on the East All-star team for the next 10 years. ;)
raps4life~
General Manager

Post#9 » by raps4life~ » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:21 pm

IceColdCuban wrote:
raps4life~ wrote:

show me an article where Wades states he doesnt want to be a franchise player.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post ... nba,210326

Conventional wisdom has each of those players returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers and Miami Heat, respectively, but Wade has told the New York Post that he wouldn't mind going against convention and teaming up with James as he did in the Olympics.

"Contrary is the operative word," Wade accentuated, all gleam. "We can play together."

Dwyane and LeBron. Which of those two would be considered the franchise?

What now, you're gonna ask for another article?
IceColdCuban
Sophomore

Post#10 » by IceColdCuban » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:22 pm

Westfo3 wrote:Bosh better get out of the East while JJ Hickson is still young. Another season or two JJ Hickson will take over as the starting PF on the East All-star team for the next 10 years. ;)

I see his defense being better than bosh in the future, on the other side of the ball, i dont know, but he still has lots of room to improve, so whos to say he cant.
DonkeyPunch
Junior
And1: 56

Post#11 » by DonkeyPunch » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:22 pm

Westfo3 wrote:Bosh better get out of the East while JJ Hickson is still young. Another season or two JJ Hickson will take over as the starting PF on the East All-star team for the next 10 years. ;)

He's already a better defender than CB!

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women." Conan
ThreeYearPlan
Banned User

Post#12 » by ThreeYearPlan » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:24 pm

I wouldn't want Bosh to be the man of my team
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#13 » by LApwnd » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:25 pm

DonkeyPunch wrote:

He's already a better defender than CB!

WOW
IceColdCuban
Sophomore

Post#14 » by IceColdCuban » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:30 pm

Dwyane and LeBron. Which of those two would be considered the franchise?

What now, you're gonna ask for another article?[/quote]
lol....thats not saying what Im asking! thats a player saying hes doesnt mind having another superstar next to him. If he said I dont think I can win alone or I dont want to be the first option on my team I need another player of better caliber in order for me to win then I would eat my crow but thats not the point I was making. the only player to say he doesnt want the presure of being number one on his team of all the superstars is Joe Johnson.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,088

Post#15 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:39 pm

A team with Chris Bosh as its best player will never compete for a championship.
Relentless88
RealGM
And1: 101

Post#16 » by Relentless88 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:43 pm

MayoisMemphis wrote:I wouldn't want Bosh to be the man of my team

Agreed. Rudy Gay is definitely the better main man.
FlashTheKilla
Lead Assistant
And1: 64

Post#17 » by FlashTheKilla » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:46 pm

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:A team with Chris Bosh as its best player will never compete for a championship.

Truth.
BlackIce
Head Coach
And1: 901

Post#18 » by BlackIce » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:46 pm

A team with Chauncy Billups as their best player with never...wait a second...
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#19 » by LApwnd » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:49 pm

BlackIce wrote:A team with Chauncy Billups as their best player with never...wait a second...

yea but that starting 5 was pretty good, everyone had a specialty, Tor. stating 5 speciality is jump shooting.
raps4life~
General Manager

Post#20 » by raps4life~ » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:51 pm

LApwnd wrote:
BlackIce wrote:A team with Chauncy Billups as their best player with never...wait a second...

yea but that starting 5 was pretty good, everyone had a specialty, Tor. stating 5 speciality is jump shooting.

thats not the point at all. the original statement said nothing about surrounding players, only about the main guy.

Return to The General Board