TrueHoop: Bosh Wants To Be The Man

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

CoolD
Lead Assistant
And1: 971

Re: TrueHoop: Bosh Wants To Be The Man 

Post#101 » by CoolD » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:03 am

crossroads wrote:
CoolD wrote:He played with Dwight Howard defensive player of the year.
Bosh is a talented offensive weapon, but he has the nickname of Rupaul, matching with more softies is really going to help him playing against real real teams in the Playoffs..

Just to add video evidence, of Rupaul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyWlSj7dFVA

Yeah, because Shaq calling him that once makes it his nickname....maybe you should watch Bosh play before calling him soft. He's one of the leagues best rebounders, plays with heart and hustle all game long, and spends most of the game attacking them rim and drawing fouls. Nothing in his game is soft.

As for the video, how does Pierce sticking out his knee to hit Bosh in the nuts make him soft?

Nothing in your post made any sense at all.

Soft players can still win, no big deal, just look at Pau Gasol, but the fact soft alpha dogs, with more soft players, that I've never seen lead to a title.

I read your board, a ton of Rap fans have called Bosh soft.

Bosh has never even gotten out the first round. Wade got out the first round his rookie season. How many years is it going take for Rupaul as the main man to get out the first round, before even thinking he can lead a team to a title as the alpha dog.
KDS91
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#102 » by KDS91 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:17 am

supbro wrote:
Wade2k6 wrote:So much wrong with this post.

He has stated that he'd love to play with Dwight and LeBron... so? What does that mean? What player wouldn't want to play with LeBron or Howard?

Have you even read this thread? We're talking about how Bosh says he wants to be the man and not another piece to someone like Lebron, Wade or Howard. Clearly proof that he wants to stay in Toronto and be that man.

Wade2k6 wrote:- Where/what article did Wade say he would leave Miami and sign with Chicago is they signed a bigtime FA?

Wiretap:
http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... ining_him/

Wade2k6 wrote:Wade has been a sourpuss, why? Because he actually wants to win and wants a legitimate team around him? Sorry but if wanting to win is being a sourpuss then I guess LeBron/Kobe/MJ/Magic/etc. etc. are a bunch of sourpuss' too because that's what great players care most about: winning.

-Where/when did Wade blast his coach?

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/sports/Hea ... 55792.html

He’s started taking shots at his young coach, despite his efforts to backtrack. Speaking of effort, Wade’s has been visibly lackluster on the court. Meanwhile, his personal and business troubles off the court have made more headlines.

Such massive PWNAGE :lol:

Dwyane Wade has reiterated that he wants to remain in Miami, but admitted that it's fun to think about going home to Chicago.

Wade's impending free agency has already been a hot topic in Dallas as All-Star Weekend kicks off.

"I think the main thing is I've shown and said that Miami is where I want to be," Wade said. "I wouldn't be jumping in the air to leave Miami anyway. It's a great place to be and they've adopted me there ... I've said it so many times: That's the place I want to build. We just have to get people to come, and if we get people to come, why would I leave?"

When asked about the possibility of signing with the Bulls, Wade said:

"That's gonna be a topic of conversation for a long time because of my connection with Chicago.

"I love Chicago, of course, so it's always exciting, it's always fun to think about that, but I'm really not thinking about being in another uniform. I'm thinking about building a dynasty in Miami. That would be ideal, but we don't live in an ideal world. But that's an ideal situation for me."

Just sayin.
Kosta
RealGM
And1: 2

Post#103 » by Kosta » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:20 am

I'm not sure you can argue Wade is more tough than Bosh, who has missed more games over their careers? Who plays against bigger, stronger players at his position? Who has played C for parts of his career and still held his own? They both go to the line plenty, I bet Wade has shot more jumpers this season than Bosh, and he's not even a 3 point shooter, Wade that is.

Bosh, especially this season, has without a shadow of a doubt proven he is anything but soft. Check out his points in the paint and free throw attempts for reference.
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#104 » by sule » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:36 am

CoolD wrote:
crossroads wrote:
CoolD wrote:He played with Dwight Howard defensive player of the year.
Bosh is a talented offensive weapon, but he has the nickname of Rupaul, matching with more softies is really going to help him playing against real real teams in the Playoffs..

Just to add video evidence, of Rupaul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyWlSj7dFVA

Yeah, because Shaq calling him that once makes it his nickname....maybe you should watch Bosh play before calling him soft. He's one of the leagues best rebounders, plays with heart and hustle all game long, and spends most of the game attacking them rim and drawing fouls. Nothing in his game is soft.

As for the video, how does Pierce sticking out his knee to hit Bosh in the nuts make him soft?

Nothing in your post made any sense at all.

Soft players can still win, no big deal, just look at Pau Gasol, but the fact soft alpha dogs, with more soft players, that I've never seen lead to a title.

I read your board, a ton of Rap fans have called Bosh soft.

Bosh has never even gotten out the first round. Wade got out the first round his rookie season. How many years is it going take for Rupaul as the main man to get out the first round, before even thinking he can lead a team to a title as the alpha dog.

You mean the team that was 4th in the East and 42-40 (The weakest it's probably ever been) and beat a NOH team that was led by Baron Davis and Jamal Mashburn?

Yup, that was quite an accomplishment. :lol:
EdMar_Davis
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#105 » by EdMar_Davis » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:41 am

Heat fans are the *****************. First they say Bosh is for sure going to sign with them in the offseason and how much of a great player he is.. Now when bosh says he wants to be the man and someone should come and play with him in TORONTO, he becomes soft and a loser.

Bosh is no doubt the best PF in the game and a top 7 player in the league. Bosh is right up there with Durant, Kobe and Lebron in terms of individual greatness this year. It's arguable he is having a better year then even Kobe. The Raptors are winning with Bosh as the man and are a sg away from being true contenders.

Heat fans will have lots of fun watching SuperCoolBease brick shot after shot next year and be the worst team in the league again.

Is this really necessary? Seriously, can some of you not get your points across in a manner that doesn't turn every single thread into a flame war? G'Damn!
:banghead:
KDS91
RealGM

Post#106 » by KDS91 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:46 am

Kurd_CB4 wrote:Heat fans are the most pathetic in the NBA. First they say Bosh is for sure going to sign with them in the offseason and how much of a great player he is.. Now when bosh says he wants to be the man and someone should come and play with him in TORONTO, he becomes soft and a loser.

Bosh is no doubt the best PF in the game and a top 7 player in the league. Bosh is right up there with Durant, Kobe and Lebron in terms of individual greatness this year. It's arguable he is having a better year then even Kobe. The Raptors are winning with Bosh as the man and are a sg away from being true contenders.

Heat fans will have lots of fun watching SuperCoolBease brick shot after shot next year and be the worst team in the league again.

Believe what you want, but it's all talk until July 1.
IamRapsMvP
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#107 » by IamRapsMvP » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:27 am

Bosh is staying in Toronto. Wade is leaving Miami that's for sure, Miami isn't even a basketball market, the arena is half empty, and they have made no commitment to win. I say Wade leaves for Chicago, or maybe Wade wants to sign in Toronto, but Toronto won't have capspace, therefore we have to do a S&T. Turkoglu + Filler for Wade. Doesn't sound good, but hey its better than losing him for nothing. Its Wades say where he wants to go, and if he wants to end up in the tdot, then that's where he's going to be.
KDS91
RealGM

Post#108 » by KDS91 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:42 am

IamRapsMvP wrote:Bosh is staying in Toronto. Wade is leaving Miami that's for sure, Miami isn't even a basketball market, the arena is half empty, and they have made no commitment to win. I say Wade leaves for Chicago, or maybe Wade wants to sign in Toronto, but Toronto won't have capspace, therefore we have to do a S&T. Turkoglu + Filler for Wade. Doesn't sound good, but hey its better than losing him for nothing. Its Wades say where he wants to go, and if he wants to end up in the tdot, then that's where he's going to be.

And he says he wants to stay in Miami. I don't know what is it with you people and saying Wade is 100% gone.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,409

Post#109 » by Heat3 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:55 am

You'd think with all the talk about how bad Miami has been and how we've wasted Wade's prime by not committing to win that the Raptors would be so much better. In the last three years the Raptors have only managed 3 playoff wins! Same as Miami which got them all last year. If Miami is terrible what does that say about Toronto? We tanked a season and haven't tried very hard the other two. What's you excuse? :lol:
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

ToffKobe
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#110 » by ToffKobe » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:15 am

Heat3 wrote:You'd think with all the talk about how bad Miami has been and how we've wasted Wade's prime by not committing to win that the Raptors would be so much better. In the last three years the Raptors have only managed 3 playoff wins! Same as Miami which got them all last year. If Miami is terrible what does that say about Toronto? We tanked a season and haven't tried very hard the other two. What's you excuse? :lol:

Toronto sucked the past few years with the exception being their Atlantic Division title year. Otherwise they've sucked. What that has to do with this season and going forward, I don't know what point you're trying to make.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#111 » by Flash3 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:36 am

Kurd_CB4 wrote:Heat fans are the *****************. First they say Bosh is for sure going to sign with them in the offseason and how much of a great player he is.. Now when bosh says he wants to be the man and someone should come and play with him in TORONTO, he becomes soft and a loser.

Is this really necessary? Seriously, can some of you not get your points across in a manner that doesn't turn every single thread into a flame war? :banghead:
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#112 » by Flash3 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:48 am

Heat Fans/Toronto Fans/Neutral fans for those who have contributed nothing but comments as

"haha Raps fans are losers"

"haha Heat fans are losers"

"haha DWhistle owned"

"bosh is rupaul v2"

ALL of you have been warned. -- Please stop the childish bickering and turning every single Toronto/Miami thread into Miami > Toronto, I > you and all that non-sense.
Lionel Messi
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#113 » by Lionel Messi » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:26 am

Wow. What a ****.

Some of you "fans" need to address the issue and stop flaming, it's sad and completely destroys the subject matter of the thread.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,705

Post#114 » by DG88 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:55 am

Seriously people we need to calm down here may be this song will bring us all together
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsKO_r76kfQ
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#115 » by Flash3 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:14 am

DG88 wrote:Seriously people we need to calm down here may be this song will bring us all together
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsKO_r76kfQ

^Knows what he's talking about. :lol:
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,178

Post#116 » by sca » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:09 am

TrueRain wrote:
ScaLoPhobiA wrote:
CoolD wrote:So having Turko and Bargnani two soft Euro's in the Playoffs is going to be enough to go through some real heavyweights in the Playoffs and win a title.
Okay.

Haha, yeah, you're right. Hedo is soft, just look at last year's playoffs.

Oh wait..

Yeah his horrible shooting last playoffs is something to behold. :roll:

Wow, he was a big factor in Magic's success. If you don't accept it, you're ignorant. Plain and simple.
inonba
Pro Prospect
And1: 264

Post#117 » by inonba » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:30 am

Heat3 wrote: We tanked a season and haven't tried very hard the other two. What's you excuse? :lol:

:lol: indeed. And you wonder why fans around the league think you've wasted Wade's prime?
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#118 » by Death Knight » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:23 am

inonba wrote:
Heat3 wrote: We tanked a season and haven't tried very hard the other two. What's you excuse? :lol:

:lol: indeed. And you wonder why fans around the league think you've wasted Wade's prime?

Wade has been injured for most of those times anyways.

Meh
Hitman33
Bench Warmer
And1: 97

Post#119 » by Hitman33 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:29 am

IceColdCuban wrote:Dwyane and LeBron. Which of those two would be considered the franchise?

LeBron
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#120 » by Volcano » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:38 am

agentk16 wrote:And he says he wants to stay in Miami. I don't know what is it with you people and saying Wade is 100% gone.

Of course he's gonna say that..he'd "like" to stay, on the condition that they get good players on their team as well. He's been saying that all along. I don't really hear any other players giving ultimatums either.

Return to The General Board