TrueHoop: Bosh Wants To Be The Man

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

redshortz
Pro Prospect
And1: 3

Re: TrueHoop: Bosh Wants To Be The Man 

Post#61 » by redshortz » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:58 pm

Bosh is a 2nd option player, that puts up 1st option player numbers...

I think people will be happier if we just say that.
crossroads
Pro Prospect
And1: 375

Post#62 » by crossroads » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:02 pm

Chosen01 wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
Chosen01 wrote:
LOL, Bosh will never be top 5 thats the whole point.

Wade will be in the top 5 for at least 4 more years (barring injuries), Kobe at least 2 (at least kobe fans) Durant will if not already is top 5, obviously Lebron, then there is Dwight, CP3, Dirk.

Tell me when will Bosh be top 5?

Bosh will never be top 5? Are you sure?

He's currently averaging 24.5, 11.5 and is one top 5 most efficient offensive players. He's improved every year he's been in the league. His defensive has improved by leaps and bounds this season.

I'm not saying it's a guarantee, but Bosh as a top 5 player is definitely not a laughable idea. People outside of Toronto have no concept about how good he actually is.

When did i say Bosh wasn't good?

Wade, Lebron, cp3,Melo(forgot him earlier for some reason), Dwight, are all young players who are better than Bosh, no contest, Bosh is top 10 no doubt, but he will never be top 5.

I'm a huge Bosh supporter, but given the amount of young talent in the league I have a hard time seeing him as a top 5 player. I think he'll spend most of his career in that 7-10 range. But at the same time, I think with a good supporting cast you can certainly build a contender around him, and I think Toronto has the tools to do that with Bargs and DeRozan. If Bargnani continues to mature and become a bigger presence on the defensive end, and DeRozan can develop into a good two player player at SG, then they have the pieces to be a perennial 50+ win team that in a down year could sneak into the finals.

It all depends on how things shake out in the East the next few years. Cleveland will be heavy favourites for a the foreseeable future as long as LeBron stays (which he should.) But Boston is likely done as a contender barring some miracle trade. Orlando will have Dwight for awhile, but Carter and Lewis are getting older and on the decline, and they'll be saddled with those contracts for a few years so they could take a down turn. Atlanta has a bright future assuming they keep Johnson (which seems likely) and Miami has the potential this summer to remake themselves into contenders. But outside of Cleveland, Atlanta and potentially Miami I don't see many teams in the East with a brighter future then Toronto, even with the contracts of Hedo and Calderon in our way...especially if John Wall stays the hell out of the East.

As for Bosh, it makes sense that he'd want to stay as the "man." He's only 25 (26 in March) so even if he signs a new 6 year contract and never wins a ring with Toronto he'll still only be 32 when his contract ends and will have a few years left to go ring chasing if that's what he chooses to do, or if in a couple years things don't work out in Toronto he could look for a trade to a better team.
raps4life~
General Manager
And1: 25

Post#63 » by raps4life~ » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:05 pm

redshortz wrote:Bosh is a 2nd option player, that puts up 1st option player numbers...

Bosh is a second option? Even the haters agree that he is top 10. A top 10 player is a second option player? C'mon.
redshortz
Pro Prospect

Post#64 » by redshortz » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:19 pm

raps4life~ wrote:
redshortz wrote:Bosh is a 2nd option player, that puts up 1st option player numbers...

Bosh is a second option? Even the haters agree that he is top 10. A top 10 player is a second option player? C'mon.

I was being sarcastic, because people always says he's not a 'go-to' player or he's not a player to build a franchise around, and that he should be a complimentary piece. So I was just saying that to make fun of that idea entirely.
raps4life~
General Manager
And1: 25

Post#65 » by raps4life~ » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:24 pm

redshortz wrote:
raps4life~ wrote:

I was being sarcastic, because people always says he's not a 'go-to' player or he's not a player to build a franchise around, and that he should be a complimentary piece. So I was just saying that to make fun of that idea entirely.

lol okay, my bad.
turtlesnjoi
Sixth Man
And1: 514

Post#66 » by turtlesnjoi » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:35 pm

Bosh is a loser.

People only want Bosh to pair him with a winner like Wade or LeBron. Bosh as your main guy is nothing but mediocrity...at best.
Gallo>brook
dawn_wan
Veteran
And1: 612

Post#67 » by dawn_wan » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:40 pm

turtlesnjoi wrote:Bosh is a loser.

People only want Bosh to pair him with a winner like Wade or LeBron. Bosh as your main guy is nothing but mediocrity...at best.

I wonder was some of you ppl said back in 04-05 when Kobe missed the playoffs.
CoolD
Lead Assistant
And1: 971

Post#68 » by CoolD » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:43 pm

I think you can built a champioship team, as Bosh as the supposed number one option. But it would have to be, with a ton of high caliber co partners.
Here is a team that I could argue that Bosh is the best player, and still has a shot at a title.
Chauncey Billups, Joe Johnson, Lamar Odom, Bosh, and Pau Gasol.

Bosh by a hair is better than Gasol and Johnson.
So I think is possible to built around him, but I see it as impossible for the Raptors to built around him, considering they have tied up their future to Turko as their number two option, and more wasteful contracts.
So it might be impossible for Bosh if he stays a Raptor.
Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Post#69 » by Chosen01 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:50 pm

Wow people, can be so ignorant, sine when did this become a wade heat fan debate?

This is about Bosh being the man, personally ur confusing me with other "heat fans", i'd rather wade stay in miami, but im not gonna die if wade leaves i'd still be a wade fan regardless.

@ duffman, if u are not saying they aren't better then how can he be top 5? :lol:, I didn't say there was Big difference between bosh and melo or w/e but i know that #5 is better than bosh.

Wade, Lebron, Durant, Melo Dwight Cp3 will prolly better than bosh for the next set of years.

and because he's top 10 that means he can be top 5? LOL @ ur logic.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,877

Post#70 » by Duffman100 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:52 pm

Chosen01 wrote:Wow people, can be so ignorant, sine when did this become a wade heat fan debate?

This is about Bosh being the man, personally ur confusing me with other "heat fans", i'd rather wade stay in miami, but im not gonna die if wade leaves i'd still be a wade fan regardless.

@ duffman, if u are not saying they aren't better then how can he be top 5? :lol:, I didn't say there was Big difference between bosh and melo or w/e but i know that #5 is better than bosh.

Wade, Lebron, Durant, Melo Dwight Cp3 will prolly better than bosh for the next set of years.

and because he's top 10 that means he can be top 5? LOL @ ur logic.

LOL hahah LOL it's tough arguing with someone in grade 5.

CAUSE HE CAN STILL GET BETTER AND IS STILL GETTING BETTER.

SO IT'S POSSIBLE IN THE FUTURE.

I'm not really sure what is so hard to understand about that.
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#71 » by sule » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:01 pm

The only players who are having better statistical seasons than Bosh are Nowitzki, LeBron, Durant and arguably Howard.

Kobe is probably having a better overall season too.

That puts him in the top 7, unless you want to argue that someone else is having a better season than him. But I doubt thats the case.
supbro
Banned User

Post#72 » by supbro » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:40 pm

LOL at the heats fans, absolutely pathetic display here. I have never seen such crybabies and sour grapes before in my life.
It brings me great joy to know that their precious little hearts have been broken. :wave: See ya later Wade. :lol:
supbro
Banned User

Post#73 » by supbro » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:43 pm

IceColdCuban wrote:What superstar is going to say the opposite?

Um Wade? :lol: Wade has said multiple times how he'd love to play with Lebron or Dwight. Would sign with Chicago if they sign a big time free agent. While Bosh has been nothing but professional and classy while Wade has been nothing but a sourpuss blasting his coach and playing lackluster. :wave:
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,586

Post#74 » by DG88 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:59 pm

CoolD wrote:I think you can built a champioship team, as Bosh as the supposed number one option. But it would have to be, with a ton of high caliber co partners.
Here is a team that I could argue that Bosh is the best player, and still has a shot at a title.
Chauncey Billups, Joe Johnson, Lamar Odom, Bosh, and Pau Gasol.

Bosh by a hair is better than Gasol and Johnson.
So I think is possible to built around him, but I see it as impossible for the Raptors to built around him, considering they have tied up their future to Turko as their number two option, and more wasteful contracts.
So it might be impossible for Bosh if he stays a Raptor.

Turk isn't our second option he's our 3rd option. Bargnani is our 2nd option.
The Flying Gent
Veteran
And1: 1,275

Post#75 » by The Flying Gent » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:16 pm

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/0 ... ef:nbahpt1

Yeah, definitely can't build around a guy like that and hope to win. Not without someone like Wade or Rose around to be the #1 guy.
bargs4mvp
Analyst
And1: 3,043

Post#76 » by bargs4mvp » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:16 pm

I just find it funny when people claim bosh can't be the man, or win a title, when the only player other then kobe who is top 5 who won a title is wade, and he needed shaq and the refs. :roll:
MemGrizz723
Sophomore
And1: 11

Post#77 » by MemGrizz723 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:27 pm

MayoisMemphis wrote:I wouldn't want Bosh to be the man of my team

I would gladly take Bosh as the main player on the Grizz.
RoleModel
Analyst
And1: 5,701

Post#78 » by RoleModel » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:29 pm

The Flying Gent wrote:http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/02/12/race.mvp/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Yeah, definitely can't build around a guy like that and hope to win. Not without someone like Wade or Rose around to be the #1 guy.

Why yes, I would wholeheartedly agree with you.

Wait, where are those guys in the MVP rankings? :lol:
RoleModel
Analyst
And1: 5,701

Post#79 » by RoleModel » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:30 pm

MemGrizz723 wrote:
MayoisMemphis wrote:I wouldn't want Bosh to be the man of my team

I would gladly take Bosh as the main player on the Grizz.

A team with Mayo, Bosh, and Gasol. Holy ****.
CoolD
Lead Assistant
And1: 971

Post#80 » by CoolD » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:31 pm

So having Turko and Bargnani two soft Euro's in the Playoffs is going to be enough to go through some real heavyweights in the Playoffs and win a title.
Okay.

Return to The General Board