Iverson's Wife Files For Divorce

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

MeMe
Junior
And1: 0

Iverson's Wife Files For Divorce 

Post#1 » by MeMe » Thu Mar 4, 2010 4:42 pm

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
A week after the Philadelphia 76ers' Allen Iverson announced he was leaving basketball for the rest of the season to be with his sick 4-year-old daughter, the star’s wife filed for divorce in Fulton County Superior Court.

In the divorce petition filed on Tuesday, Tawanna Iverson said her 8 ½-year-long marriage to the guard was “irretrievably broken.” In the petition, Tawanna Iverson asked for temporary and permanent custody of their five children as well as child support and alimony.

She did not ask for a specific dollar amount.

The children range in ages from 17 months to 15 years.

The children and their parents have lived in north Atlanta since August, according to the court filing. Before that, the family claimed homes in Rochester, Mich.; Englewood, Colo.; Denver, Colo.; and Villanova, Pa.

On Feb. 22, Allen Iverson and the 76ers announced that he was leaving the team for personal reasons.

The former NBA MVP and four-time scoring champion said he wanted to be in Atlanta to be with his daughter, Messiah, who had an undisclosed illness.
In a posting on Twitter, Allen Iverson wrote: “I need to be there to hold my little girl’s hand and encourage her to get better. I wanted her to wake up every morning and see her Daddy’s face, at least until she got better. Through God’s Strength, She Will Keep Getting Better!”

Prior to that announcement, Iverson had missed five games and the All-Star Game to be with his family.

The team said Tuesday, the day the divorce petition was filed, that lverson would not return to the team this season.

“After discussing the situation with Allen, we have come to the conclusion that he will not return to the Sixers for the remainder of the season, as he no longer wishes to be a distraction to the organization and teammates that he loves very deeply,” 76ers general manager Ed Stefanski said. “It has been very difficult for Allen and the team to maintain any consistency as he tries to balance his career with his personal life.”

http://www.ajc.com/sports/allen-iverson ... id=thbz_hm

From bad to worse. Hopefully he doesn't go off the deep end.
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Re: Iverson's Wife Files For Divorce 

Post#2 » by Sofa King » Thu Mar 4, 2010 4:47 pm

Sad and shocking to hear. She's leaving him at the time when Iverson won't be making a paycheck in the NBA too.
raptrocious
Pro Prospect
And1: 89

Post#3 » by raptrocious » Thu Mar 4, 2010 4:48 pm

he really is a cancer
draft
Starter
And1: 8

Post#4 » by draft » Thu Mar 4, 2010 4:48 pm

His daughter thing was probably just an excuse. He didn't want to say he was going home to save his marriage.
raps4life~
General Manager
And1: 25

Post#5 » by raps4life~ » Thu Mar 4, 2010 4:49 pm

shes obviously a gold digger. just when he loses his job?? c'mon...
Dry_Fish
RealGM
And1: 8,377

Post#6 » by Dry_Fish » Thu Mar 4, 2010 4:53 pm

I thought they've been married for a long time? I think sometimes have a love one sick can take a toll on people.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,213

Post#7 » by HomoSapien » Thu Mar 4, 2010 4:58 pm

Man, this guy has had as bad of a season as you really have. I can't help but feel sorry for him.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#8 » by semi-sentient » Thu Mar 4, 2010 5:00 pm

Awww, poor millionaire thug wannabe. Let's all send him some money and "Hope you make it through all these tough times which are your own damn fault" cards.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
and one
Sophomore

Post#9 » by and one » Thu Mar 4, 2010 5:01 pm

He could do better than that GOLDDIGGA anyways.
Ladies: I'll Be Your 6, If You'll Be My 9! ;)
MeMe
Junior

Post#10 » by MeMe » Thu Mar 4, 2010 5:02 pm

raps4life~ wrote:shes obviously a gold digger. just when he loses his job?? c'mon...

Doubtful, she's been with him since they were about 15. Also, she filed for divorce in 2007 (or separation, I don't remember which), then rescinded.

Also, Iverson was barely getting paid this season, so she could have left earlier. They also don't have a prenup from what I'm hearing, so she was set for life way before now.

I think perhaps the recent stories of him down in Charlotte may have been the straw that broke the camel's back.
triplet1984
General Manager
And1: 177

Post#11 » by triplet1984 » Thu Mar 4, 2010 5:03 pm

I'd be interested in a LOST-style alternate reality in which he just stfu and played in Memphis.
Wilford Brimley
Banned User
And1: 81

Post#12 » by Wilford Brimley » Thu Mar 4, 2010 5:09 pm

Poor guy.
lukekarts
Head Coach
And1: 335

Post#13 » by lukekarts » Thu Mar 4, 2010 5:09 pm

RIP AI
There is no consolation prize. Winning is everything.
Wiscfan92
Starter
And1: 206

Post#14 » by Wiscfan92 » Thu Mar 4, 2010 5:10 pm

Maybe its a Tiger Woods situation haha. They had video footage of him while he was on his "leave" for his daughter at a night club...
Play your role till your role change. Pay your dues till your dues paid.
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,210

Post#15 » by BarneyGumble » Thu Mar 4, 2010 5:23 pm

Edit: Double post
Vinsane15
Veteran
And1: 21

Post#16 » by Vinsane15 » Thu Mar 4, 2010 5:24 pm

dexterfan10 wrote:he really is a cancer

at least he doesnt have to r*pe his jumpoffs..
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by BarneyGumble » Thu Mar 4, 2010 5:25 pm

LOL I literally pity the fools on here that say they feel SORRY for Allen Iverson....

Feel sorry for the people in Chile who have lost everything because of Earthquakes. Dont feel sorry for a man who was given an opportunity to play in the NBA, something few can even dream about, and has alienated himself from everybody...even those closest to him...because of his pride and selfishness...
waynedwayne
Sophomore

Post#18 » by waynedwayne » Thu Mar 4, 2010 5:40 pm

DWill_daShizzle wrote:LOL I literally pity the fools on here that say they feel SORRY for Allen Iverson....

Feel sorry for the people in Chile who have lost everything because of Earthquakes. Dont feel sorry for a man who was given an opportunity to play in the NBA, something few can even dream about, and has alienated himself from everybody...even those closest to him...because of his pride and selfishness...

Yea, because whenever we feel sorry for someone, we have to justify it to the standard that is basically everything worse that is going on in the world. Children have been dying in Africa for decades and you're telling me you've never felt bad for anyone in your life? Surely they were better off and had been given a better opportunity than those kids.

There is no shame or blame in feeling for the guy. A sick child and a divorce can really happen to anyone, no matter how much money you make or the opportunity you were given.

Get a clue.
davide_sterned wrote:despite of what KGay have contributed the the crappy state minnesota in terms of monkey handball. he definitely doesn't deserve any respect for being a human garbage, and a black moderphuker!
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man
And1: 105

Post#19 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Thu Mar 4, 2010 5:43 pm

not much of a joking matter. and it sucks for all involved, esp the kids. not really even sure how its relevant to this board...
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by BarneyGumble » Thu Mar 4, 2010 5:44 pm

waynedwayne wrote:
DWill_daShizzle wrote:LOL I literally pity the fools on here that say they feel SORRY for Allen Iverson....

Yea, because whenever we feel sorry for someone, we have to justify it to the standard that is basically everything worse that is going on in the world. Children have been dying in Africa for decades and you're telling me you've never felt bad for anyone in your life? Surely they were better off and had been given a better opportunity than those kids.

There is no shame or blame in feeling for the guy. A sick child and a divorce can really happen to anyone, no matter how much money you make or the opportunity you were given.

Get a clue.

hahahahahha my point exactly. Feel sorry for dying kids in Africa. Dont waste a nanosecond feeling sorry for some punk a** POS that had everything and has lost it due to his own prideful, selfish behavior.

Return to The General Board