Source: Clippers will let LeBron James pick his coach and GM

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

@ndrew
Analyst
And1: 198

Re: Source: Clippers will let LeBron James pick his coach and GM 

Post#21 » by @ndrew » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:37 am

Clippers ARE desparate. Some coaches are under contract and will not be willing to go just because they were "picked". Will you like to hear: Shut up, coach. I chose you that's why we are going to run this play." That's just too much pressure. You are not building organizations like that. Lebron is not instant championship. Ask Cavaliers and they will tell. You do not let players dictate the way you move THAT much. Primadonnas...
The Shiv
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#22 » by The Shiv » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:37 am

If this was true wouldn't this be tampering?
pro2020
Rookie

Post#23 » by pro2020 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:39 am

Lebron gets what he want's in Cleveland, why would he go anywhere else?
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,176

Post#24 » by ElectricMayhem » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:40 am

Not pathetic at all. Sterling is my least favorite owner, but if true, it's a great move. The Clippers have a selling point of talent, but nothing else. The power and potential to get a great coach and great GM have to be nice selling points for Lebron.

He may not take it, but the Clippers just became a hell of a lot more tempting for Lebron than they were a day ago, and that's what makes it a great move (if true).
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
GoDucks92
Senior
And1: 1

Post#25 » by GoDucks92 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:47 am

I would also love to see this happen. Imagine how jealous Kobe would get! Hahahahaha.
fffffffuuuuu
prekazi
General Manager

Post#26 » by prekazi » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:50 am

Hmm source...

I heard that they're willing to change the name of the team to L.A LeBrons and there's also an additional clause: Team will move to Akron in 5 years.
"Die Freiheit ist immer nur Freiheit der Andersdenkenden." R.Luxemburg

http://twitter.com/prekazi
It_Was_Typed
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Post#27 » by It_Was_Typed » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:53 am

We all know they're going to overpay for Joe Johnson or Rudy Gay this summer.
#JuiceIsFree
RapsGM
Assistant Coach
And1: 4

Post#28 » by RapsGM » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:56 am

lol all the cleveland and ny fans are getting heated. Its not like he's really gonna go to them. If he did, he would probably break his leg on the first practice.
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,681

Post#29 » by infinite11285 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:02 am

This would be a no brainer if they let him have enough leverage to give Sterlinng his walking papers, and pick a brand new owner too. I would never, ever, want to play for Sterling if I were a NBA player....
triplet1984
General Manager
And1: 177

Post#30 » by triplet1984 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:08 am

You know at first I didn't think there was any way Lebron would give credence to going to an organization like the Clippers... but letting him cherry pick the coach AND GM :-? For the first time I can imagine it happening. Remote chance I know, but still its a small one.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,325

Post#31 » by rilamann » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:09 am

Kobe with the Lakers and Lebron with the Clippers would be pretty cool though.

I'm not a fan of either team but as NBA fan that would be great entertainment.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Ming Kong!
RealGM
And1: 31

Post#32 » by Ming Kong! » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:16 am

Man it'd be sweet to be an LA resident if that happened lol
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,462

Post#33 » by Slava » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:17 am

Knowing the Clippers they will end up giving the max to Rudy Gay.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
InBoobieWeTrust
General Manager

Post#34 » by InBoobieWeTrust » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:20 am

So, when they overpay Rudy Gay will be get to pick both as well? Or just one?
BullSoxChicago'sFinest
Veteran

Post#35 » by BullSoxChicago'sFinest » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:27 am

espnespn wrote:Source: Clippers will let LeBron James pick his coach and GM. about 11 hours ago via web
@benmaller

WOW the Clippers are desperate.

wicked_crossova wrote:Pretty pathetic on the Clippers part

Why is it pathetic or desperate?? It's exactly what Cleveland's been doing for years, and it's what a lot of teams would do if they knew they had a realistic chance next year.

I hate Lebron but he'd bring in wins and massive $$, what more would you want as a team?? Too many owners are happy with less than that. You guys act like we're talking about Gerald Wallace or something
The Lord is saving my life; Trust in Him and you'll see the same : ): Daily Scripture Readings
Ask a saint like Padre Pio to ask Jesus to send you a conversion moment. What's the worst that can happen if you don't believe anyways? ;) Prayer works
Clip34life
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#36 » by Clip34life » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:28 am

It's amazing how much animosity this is bringing against the Clippers. There is nothing wrong with this move. This is a savvy business move on the part of the Clippers. It's not like LeBron wouldn't pick a great coach and GM. Why wouldn't he want the best???
I really like 1840s merchant vessels. Basketball on the other hand, I can take it or leave it...
BullSoxChicago'sFinest
Veteran

Post#37 » by BullSoxChicago'sFinest » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:33 am

Free Rider wrote:They could give him ownership interest and let him rename the team and he still wouldn't play for the Clippers. It's pretty much the only city where he wouldn't be the alpha dog if he signed. Why compete for L.A.'s affections with Kobe when you can be master of your own domain everywhere else. If people rule out Chicago because of Jordan's legacy despite him not having played there for over a decade then how is L.A. even a consideration where Kobe is far more popular than LeBron?

Actually I can see it as something he could do. He's a huge attention whore, but he's also very driven in a cocky and arrogant way. He knows it's always him vs Kobe (just like when he was younger it was 'Detroit' as his roadblock and he would bring it up in commercials) and a guy like that just might attack it head-on
The Lord is saving my life; Trust in Him and you'll see the same : ): Daily Scripture Readings
Ask a saint like Padre Pio to ask Jesus to send you a conversion moment. What's the worst that can happen if you don't believe anyways? ;) Prayer works
supaflash
Sixth Man
And1: 131

Post#38 » by supaflash » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:37 am

They should let him change the name and the logo and jerseys too

Hmm... power struggle going on between the Buss fam and Phil Jackson... Jackson praising Bron... Bron retiring MJ's jersey, taking over Kobe's best player status...

LeBron comes to the Clips, convinces Phil Jackson to become coach/GM, or maybe brings back Jerry West too... Clips end up with #1 Pick... instant dynasty

Wall/Baron
Gordon
Bron/
Griff
Kaman/Jordan

New name, logo, colors, they take over the spotlight from the Lakers creating a huge rift in the city and in Hollywood... celebrities heads explode... world ends Dec 12th 2012
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,462

Post#39 » by Slava » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:39 am

BullSoxChicago'sFinest wrote:
Free Rider wrote:They could give him ownership interest and let him rename the team and he still wouldn't play for the Clippers. It's pretty much the only city where he wouldn't be the alpha dog if he signed. Why compete for L.A.'s affections with Kobe when you can be master of your own domain everywhere else. If people rule out Chicago because of Jordan's legacy despite him not having played there for over a decade then how is L.A. even a consideration where Kobe is far more popular than LeBron?

Actually I can see it as something he could do. He's a huge attention whore, but he's also very driven in a cocky and arrogant way. He knows it's always him vs Kobe (just like when he was younger it was 'Detroit' as his roadblock and he would bring it up in commercials) and a guy like that just might attack it head-on

No he won't take it on. He's got his insecurities like confiscating the tapes of that dunk, withdrawing from dunk contest etc. and competing in Kobe/Lakers' shadow will be a risk even Lebron and Wade wouldn't attempt.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
MrCheerios
Analyst
And1: 887

Post#40 » by MrCheerios » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:40 am

Coach: Tom Thibodeau or JVG
GM: Jerry West

And he still probably wouldn't come.

Return to The General Board