dwight
58%

Total votes: 38

MnM_McgradyMing
Senior
And1: 0

Post#21 » by MnM_McgradyMing » Sun Jan 6, 2008 1:25 pm

TooNice00 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

i am not forcing my opinions on other or trying to belittle yao like you clame. realistically what does yao having going for him at this moment to prove he is better than dwight right now? also i am just questioning people's "logical" opinions that dwight isn't good on offense but somehow is top 10 in scoring, leading the league in FTA, and is shooting 60% from the field. does that not make no sense? but whatever i am not sure what your motive is? to come call me out in every yao and dwight thread. you seem to be the one having a fit about it. but whatever its all good.

its ok too nice.
TooNice00
Banned User

Post#22 » by TooNice00 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:45 pm

MnM_McgradyMing wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

its ok too nice.

thanks. you always have something productive to say.
risktaker91
Banned User

Post#23 » by risktaker91 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:02 pm

Storm Surge wrote:I would still take Yao because Dwight has no offensive game except if he's really close to the basket.

Yao has more range and thus is better offensively(despite having lower FG%, but being the main offensive weapon for the Rockets, it's bound to happen).

Dwight has all offensive weapons(rashard, hedo, jameer) and they space out the floor for him making it really to get position.

if Yao were on the Magic, they would not be under.500 at home, I can tell you that. They would be better with Yao than with Dwight.

If Dwight were on the Rockets, with McGrady out, he would be terrible, the Rockets would probably lose games 77-71 because they can't score.

Obviously, you're a Rockets fan. :wink:

I'm just kidding, I think Yao is better offensively, but Dwight Howard is just an absolute beast. He's averaging 20/15, and he's leading his Magic to the 3rd seed in the East, with a 22-13 record. Yao'd Rockets, not doing so well.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#24 » by j-ragg » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:30 pm

PrinceDiablo wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Dwight gets his offensive points on set-up finishes and power moves. So basically, he is utilizing his athleticism to get his points, which is fine. He has a monstrous body, he should take advantage of that. However, as time passes, he will find that all the effort of rebounding and dunking and mowing his way through the defense will take its toll on his body. Yao has a firm offensive foundation, with basically every move in the book. When Yao is in his 30's, he will still be extremely efficient offensively, because he has the moves. However, if Dwight does not spend more time on his footwork and turnaround and hookshot (which has improved greatly), he will find it hard to mow through younger, even stronger 25 year old centers when he is 30, and he will not be able to use his raw power and athleticism to score.

I get what you're saying basically, in a nutshell is that Dwight won't be able to play like this on offense in his later years when he's not as athletic.

You're right to an extent, but he'll still have his strength. His best weapon on offense his probably his ability to seal people and then dunk when they're on his hip or get fouled or throw up a hook shot.

He won't be able to do his crazy alley oop cocked back dunks, but I think by that time he'll have learned a thing or two about playing in the post.

I'm just trying to say that right now people don't give him enough credit for his post games. They think he only scores off lobs or put back dunks.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
mudyez
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#25 » by mudyez » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:28 pm

howard is better this season and will be better in the future...yao is a top-10 player nonetheless!

Return to Player Comparisons