Chris Paul is the Best Point Guard

Moderators: penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Post#101 » by carrottop12 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 12:36 am

I'll wait to see if CP3 can take his team past 1 round of the playoffs before I crown him anything.

Until then I would like to see him play well against his main rival in Deron Williams who seems to pretty do whatever he wants with his team when the Hornets step on the floor.

My guess, CP3 can't win a 7 game series. Just like he wasn't a winner in college, same thing will go here.
2poor
RealGM
And1: 0
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#102 » by 2poor » Fri Feb 8, 2008 12:43 am

Wages of Win must have sensed that a thread like this was going to pop up soon:

http://dberri.wordpress.com/2008/01/30/ ... g-hornets/
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,192
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#103 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Feb 8, 2008 12:43 am

Must be nice to have Boozer carry you through 2 rounds and be proclaimed the ultimate winner.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Pai Gow
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#104 » by Pai Gow » Fri Feb 8, 2008 12:45 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:Must be nice to have Boozer carry you through 2 rounds and be proclaimed the ultimate winner.

Yep, it was nice watching Boozer grab the rebound, take it down the court, run the pick and roll with himself, throw him self a nice pass to get himself open and score. Boozer was **** awesome. :noway:
carrottop12
RealGM

Post#105 » by carrottop12 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 12:51 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:Must be nice to have Boozer carry you through 2 rounds and be proclaimed the ultimate winner.

Must be nice to finally have Chandler show up as an NBA player, how many first round draft picks do you guys have again?

Deron has Brewer, Harpring, Kirilenko, and Almond who has been in the D-league all year long.

Only one of those guys was a lottery pick.

Don't need to come in and talk about quality of team around Deron, he's the only reason they are looking good.

Oh by the way, when was the last time Paul played in the playoffs?

And if you don't think head to head match-ups matter, put Paul against Deron in the playoffs and watch him struggle, just like every other time.

Trust me, winning 1 game compared to 7 will become very familiar when the playoffs roll around.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#106 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Feb 8, 2008 12:57 am

LOL

Chandler is a lottery pick, and Boozer a second rounder, so Deron would make Chandler a better player than Boozer easily.

You know the Jazz have a more talented squad, but you'll say anything to try and play up Deron.

Deron had 1 good series, in which his team got cleaned up, and he's suddenly the playoff hero of the world.

Seriously, nothing more can be said here, Jazz fans constantly come to the Hornets forum to talk about Paul, make threads to compare the two etc, if you guys love Deron so much, why do you even care what Paul does? I've honestly never even been to the Jazz board in my life, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's 5+ threads on the front page trying to down Chris Paul.

Get over it.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Pai Gow
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#107 » by Pai Gow » Fri Feb 8, 2008 1:04 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:LOL

Chandler is a lottery pick, and Boozer a second rounder, so Deron would make Chandler a better player than Boozer easily.

You know the Jazz have a more talented squad, but you'll say anything to try and play up Deron.

Deron had 1 good series, in which his team got cleaned up, and he's suddenly the playoff hero of the world.

Seriously, nothing more can be said here, Jazz fans constantly come to the Hornets forum to talk about Paul, make threads to compare the two etc, if you guys love Deron so much, why do you even care what Paul does? I've honestly never even been to the Jazz board in my life, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's 5+ threads on the front page trying to down Chris Paul.

Get over it.

Oh STFU, so many Hornet and Jazz-haters provoke us with their constant jabs at Deron and we have no choice but to defend him. Deron doesn't nearly get the pub he deserves and point in case missing the all-star game the last 2 years constantly being overlooked as a top PG in the league. If it wasn't for us Jazz fans most of you idiots would lump Deron along with Calderon and Mo Williams.

We're just here reminding you that Deron Williams is an elite point guard and that people should quit overlooking how amazing he is.

How many times did we have to hear about how great the Hornets were this year, or the Blazers or the Nuggets while the Jazz struggled through injuries and road schedule in December. Hell people didn't even have us making the playoffs after that stretch and continually kicked us while we were down. It'll be funny to see where does people are at the end of February ESPECIALLY those Hornet fans who were telling US what IT takes to win in the playoffs.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#108 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Feb 8, 2008 1:13 am

[quote="AKsWill"][/quote]

There's like 5 regular Hornet's fans, and they aren't the ones stirring the pot in these threads, or going to other boards talking about Chris Paul Vs. Deron Williams......

It's others trying to stir the pot, they did it last year, and they are doing it again now.

We had found a common ground a while back, but it seems we have let the people who aren't even a fan of either team create another rift :noway:
carrottop12
RealGM

Post#109 » by carrottop12 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 2:02 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

There's like 5 regular Hornet's fans, and they aren't the ones stirring the pot in these threads, or going to other boards talking about Chris Paul Vs. Deron Williams......

It's others trying to stir the pot, they did it last year, and they are doing it again now.

We had found a common ground a while back, but it seems we have let the people who aren't even a fan of either team create another rift :noway:

Agreed, it's amazing how ignorant bandwagon CP3/Hornets fans are.
G35
RealGM
And1: 7,832

Post#110 » by G35 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 2:48 am

2poor wrote:You're not even making sense anymore. Now its Chris Paul's fault that other guys can't hit shots.

How hypocritical.

When his teammates hit shots it's because he's the "best PG in the game."

If they don't it's not his fault.

The "Best" PG in the game has to take some responsibility if his team shoots under 40% for a game. But then it's just about it being a one on one comparison for you.

Terrible arguments........
I'm so tired of the typical......
southampton
Pro Prospect
And1: 7

Post#111 » by southampton » Fri Feb 8, 2008 2:50 am

G35 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

How hypocritical.

When his teammates hit shots it's because he's the "best PG in the game."

If they don't it's not his fault.

The "Best" PG in the game has to take some responsibility if his team shoots under 40% for a game. But then it's just about it being a one on one comparison for you.

Terrible arguments........

um you brought up pargos shooting performance, butlers, i dont know if you follow the hornets, but there our bench players, and all season all have been shooting horribly and playing horrible(except for pargo very recently), also paul doesnt play to much with the bench players, why do you think we are looking at trades for our bench

but im glad you agree terrible argument :D
New Orleans - Viable NBA Market
southampton
Pro Prospect
And1: 7

Post#112 » by southampton » Fri Feb 8, 2008 2:52 am

also if you watch the hornets mo pete gets a lot of open jump shots, he just misses them, but thats pauls fault too right?
New Orleans - Viable NBA Market
G35
RealGM
And1: 7,832

Post#113 » by G35 » Fri Feb 8, 2008 3:24 am

southampton wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

um you brought up pargos shooting performance, butlers, i dont know if you follow the hornets, but there our bench players, and all season all have been shooting horribly and playing horrible(except for pargo very recently), also paul doesnt play to much with the bench players, why do you think we are looking at trades for our bench

but im glad you agree terrible argument :D

Which is why when they make shots and Paul gets these assists you have to take it with a grain of salt.

Look at Lebrons teammates Hughes, Marshall, Varejao.

Kobes teammates Odom, Kwame, Smush

Wades teammates now

Do you think they would like to play with some great shooters like West and Stojakovich. It does make getting assists easier.........
I'm so tired of the typical......
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#114 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Feb 8, 2008 3:44 am

David West has an efg% of 41%.

I agree with your point G35, I don't think he is a unanimous best PG, but I do think he is playing the best this year.

He's had trouble in Detroit and in Utah, I don't recall the detroit game well, but I know in the first Utah game, Deron got in foul trouble, and he and Paul barely saw each other, and neither played particularly well. Kinda the same this second game, except that Paul laid an egg, and was playing passive, and Deron was a man on a mission and took it to us. Pargo got his on them though....

But check Paul's numbers against GS this year, and tell me he has problems there :crazy:
IggyTheBEaST
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#115 » by IggyTheBEaST » Fri Feb 8, 2008 5:40 am

Ill admit it, I highly under-rated Paul before this season. Yes, his numbers are a bit padded because of his situation in N.O and the fact that the ball is ALWAYS in his hands, but that doesnt change his impact on games.

I am not ready to hand him the crown just yet(soon), but he is definitly a Top 3 PG. I am now officially jumping on the Chris Paul banwagon.

Top 10 PGs (No bashing, this is a person opinion)
(List Includes non conventional pgs minus arenas)

1. Steve Nash
2. Jason Kidd
3. Chris Paul
4. Baron Davis
5. Allen Iverson
6. Deron Williams
7. Chauncy Billups
8. Jose Calderon
9. Tony Parker
10. Andre Miller
RobertGlory
Rookie
And1: 4

Post#116 » by RobertGlory » Fri Feb 8, 2008 7:15 am

Batronuj wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

when they don't get to see their team, i don't blame them
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#117 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Feb 8, 2008 7:20 am

Batronuj wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Sad thing is, these same guys tried to do the same thing with Deron, they stormed our forum to tell us Deron was better, now they feel the need to do it to the Jazz.
Patterns
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#118 » by Patterns » Fri Feb 8, 2008 7:35 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Sad thing is, these same guys tried to do the same thing with Deron, they stormed our forum to tell us Deron was better, now they feel the need to do it to the Jazz.

Wtf?

Return to Player Comparisons