Total votes: 63

tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,011

Re: Tyrese Haliburton vs Peak Steve Nash 

Post#21 » by tsherkin » Thu May 9, 2024 10:51 am

AEnigma wrote:
RSCD3_ wrote:I believe haliburton was playing over his head but he hasnt had time to heal because he needed to hit that 65 game benchmark and across the board his stats and especially his jumper were down so I'm thinking an offseason will have his scoring game flourish more even if its not 26 PPG on 63 TS%

Nah I prefer pretending the guy who had been a career 40% shooter just coincidentally became a 32% one after his injury.

He is worse than Nash, and this was a silly and reactive thread, but extremely telling what types of people treat injury as an opportunity to gloat rather than as a disappointing setback for a visibly elite young player.

Even injured, some parts of his game do continue showing through, for sure.
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,313

Post#22 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Thu May 9, 2024 5:09 pm

He was cooking to start the year, that’s for sure, but even then I don’t think he was doing anything that Nash wasn’t capable of doing or performing at a level that Nash couldn’t perform at. He was coupling higher volume scoring (up to December) with lower turnovers, but Nash, despite a size/athleticism deficit had more at his disposal in terms of an offensive repertoire. He also was more efficient and while more turnover prone, he was still very good at taking care of the ball, himself.

Such a great game manager and floor general, was Nash; he’s certainly one of those guys where the numbers, while impressive, don’t tell the full story.
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,905

Post#23 » by One_and_Done » Fri May 10, 2024 12:25 am

Nash easily.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.

Return to Player Comparisons