64%
Curry
36%

Total votes: 33

kookie_819
Assistant Coach
And1: 55

Post#21 » by kookie_819 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:56 am

Patterns wrote:This is a disgrace to Curry. Bynum is half the player Curry is.

:nod:

A more likely comparison would be Curry vs. Yao, or Curry vs. Dwight.

Curry has a 38 inch vertical, same as Dwight Howard (A proven fact). Curry has a sky hook which he purposely doesn't use, but we believe because Kareem said it.
Six_Fore
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Six_Fore » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:56 am

NetsForce wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Have you ever seen Curry play? Watch him destroy Yao Ming tonight, then you'll understand.

Seriously though, this thread is a joke right? Curry better than Bynum? Ha ha, joking right? I hope so...
kookie_819
Assistant Coach
And1: 55

Post#23 » by kookie_819 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:59 am

Also, to compare them, we need to use 20 year old Bynum vs. 20 year old Curry. If you adjust Curry's 2nd season numbers to the same amount of playing time as Bynum, we can see that Curry blows Bynum out of the water with his post game.

Curry>Bynum, no doubt about it.
SabasRevenge!
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#24 » by SabasRevenge! » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:27 am

kookie_819 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:nod:

A more likely comparison would be Curry vs. Yao, or Curry vs. Dwight.

Curry has a 38 inch vertical, same as Dwight Howard (A proven fact). Curry has a sky hook which he purposely doesn't use, but we believe because Kareem said it.

I'm thinking Curry vs. a Yao/Dwight hybrid with a 3pt skyhook.

Seriously now (and please don't read this Laker homers), this a a much more fair comparison than Bynum vs. Yao or Dwight. Bynum has looked pretty good as a 3rd or 4th option on offense for the Lakers this last month, but Eddy Curry has proven himself a very capable post scorer. Curry as a rebounder? Lets not go there. Right now, taking a player to build with I'd take Bynum. If I'm looking to win this year (If I'm Chicago) and need consistent low post scoring (difficult to come by) I take Curry.
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#25 » by Baller 24 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:11 am

U-Borat wrote:Please tell me this whole thing is a bit of a joke.

Pwnd. :rofl:
SDChargers#1
Starter
And1: 104

Post#26 » by SDChargers#1 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:35 am

farzi wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Nah, Bynum vs Yao/Howard was the best imo.

But what is the biggest difference. Those were talking about futures.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#27 » by NetsForce » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:03 am

Yao got lukky 2nite.
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#28 » by BrooklynBulls » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:31 am

U-Borat wrote:But see, Curry is a better post scorer.
Thats it though.
Bynum is a better passer from the low post, a far better rebounder both defensive and offensively, better at help defence, and a better post defender.And he's younger.

You homer posters are really amusing.

Eddy Curry is the the leader of the knicks, their franchise cornerstone. Is Bynum? Hell, he was almost traded for a near-dead Jason Kidd. Eddy Curry cost the Knicks TWO top ten picks! There's a reason. Curry was drafted higher, and compared to Shaq. Bynum was completely useless for two years, but thats forgotten. Bynum has ONE DECENT year, and you proclaim him better than Eddy Curry?

Ugh, what next? Kobe better than Jordan?
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#29 » by j-ragg » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:32 am

I guess you guys didn't see Curry against Chicago. That's just a little taste of what he can really do.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
tkb
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 198

Post#30 » by tkb » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:54 am

I'd take Bynum for the Lakers right now. Curry is allergic to rebounding and shot blocking, which Bynum is not (and the rebounding is a big reason why we have been so successful as of late).
wezbo
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#31 » by wezbo » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:55 am

BrooklynBulls wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Eddy Curry is the the leader of the knicks, their franchise cornerstone. Is Bynum? Hell, he was almost traded for a near-dead Jason Kidd. Eddy Curry cost the Knicks TWO top ten picks! There's a reason. Curry was drafted higher, and compared to Shaq. Bynum was completely useless for two years, but thats forgotten. Bynum has ONE DECENT year, and you proclaim him better than Eddy Curry?

Curry couldnt even land a dead jason kidd

curry is the better scorer, so what

is curry a better rebounder defender passer blocker, more athletic younger, stronger no he is not

dirk is a better screr than KG does that eman Dirk is better

hell no

KG is better than dirk at everything but scoring
manny "pacman" pacquiao is the greatest
NetsForce
Banned User

Post#32 » by NetsForce » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:03 am

Curry is all of the things you mentioned above.
SDChargers#1
Starter

Post#33 » by SDChargers#1 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:20 am

I really hope this is sarcasm BUT

1) If Eddy Curry really is the Knicks franchise cornerstone, and that is a HUGE if, then he may be the worst franchise cornerstone EVER.

2) Higher Draft position? What the hell does that mean, is Sam Bowie better than Michael Jordan.

3) Bynum was not completely useless his first 2 years. His first year? Yes. His second year he gave a decent 40 games before his stamina or lack thereof caught up with him. This year is a lot better than decent, he is already a top 5 Center in the NBA as a 20 year old.

4) In Curry's 3rd season (he was also drafted out of HS) he put up 14.7 ppg, 6.7 rpg, .9 apg, 1.1 bpg, .496% FG%. Bynum's numbers this year DESTROYS those.
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#34 » by BrooklynBulls » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:22 am

wezbo wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Curry couldnt even land a dead jason kidd

curry is the better scorer, so what

is curry a better rebounder defender passer blocker, more athletic younger, stronger no he is not

dirk is a better screr than KG does that eman Dirk is better

hell no

KG is better than dirk at everything but scoring

Curry could certainly land on a dead Jason Kidd. If he wasn't dead before...he'd be dead then.

Curry blocks out for rebounds with his ass. I've seen Bynum's, and I'm not impressed. He's got like a Keira Knightly, and Curry is most definitely a J. Lo.
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#35 » by TMACFORMVP » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:23 am

[quote="SDChargers#1"][/quote]

I'm pretty sure he was sarcastic dude (this whole thread has been sarcasm). :lol:

I mean besides post scoring, there's nothing Curry does better than Bynum and it's not really close.
Kobay
General Manager
And1: 5

Post#36 » by Kobay » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:28 am

WHo's curry? Is this the guy who tripped on his own fat?
SDChargers#1
Starter

Post#37 » by SDChargers#1 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:31 am

Curry could certainly land on a dead Jason Kidd. If he wasn't dead before...he'd be dead then.

Curry blocks out for rebounds with his ass. I've seen Bynum's, and I'm not impressed. He's got like a Keira Knightly, and Curry is most definitely a J. Lo.

Well I guess that answers my question.
wezbo
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#38 » by wezbo » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:49 am

:rofl: just made my day

manny "pacman" pacquiao is the greatest
ponder276
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#39 » by ponder276 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:33 am

NetsForce wrote:Bynum only looks good becuz of Luke Walton and Kobe. Give curry Walton and Kobe and he'll be the next Shaq.

And lets not forget the great Radmanovic! Plus Bynum has the added advantage of knowing he can never take a night off, cause Kwame Brown is sitting in the wings, just waiting to steal his minutes.
NetsForce
Banned User

Post#40 » by NetsForce » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:14 pm

Kwame Brown is actually better than Bynum. Brown vs. Curry is a more fair comparison.

Return to Player Comparisons