Beasley or Gallinari?

Moderators: penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

Who's the better player now and in the future?

Michael Beasley
43%
Danilo Gallinari
57%

Total votes: 140

Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

Re: Beasley or Gallinari? 

Post#221 » by Assassin_1 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:13 pm

Dr Mufasa wrote:I still feel like if we lose Bosh, then Colangelo will somehow, someway mold the next era into a Rubio/Bargnani or Gallinari/Bargnani combo. I don't know how he'll do it, but it would be a total "Well that makes sense" moment He's been a wiz with trades before. Maybe we'll S&T Bosh for Gallo/Curry/Jeffries after Lebron agrees to sign there with Bosh, OR Minny will get the Wall pick and we'll trade Derozan and some stuff for Rubio. Something like that

DeRozan and Belinelli for Rubio would make me drool and doing that Bosh deal isn't heading in the right direction we should get an extra lotto pick at the very least. It should be turned into a three way.

Aldrich
Bargnani
Gallinari
X. Henry
Rubio/Jack

Would be awesome.
CB4MiamiHeat
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#222 » by CB4MiamiHeat » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:04 pm

Dr Mufasa wrote:Going with Gallo because of his attitude (I don't think Beasley is any worse mentally than Melo, but Gallo is fiesty)

Beasley will never be the guy he was in the college because he can't play in the post anymore, he's too undersized.

Beasley might not be the greatest in the post, hes a face up player...but were comparing him to Gallinari...so Beasley in the post and close to the basket is like Shaq compared to Gallinari.

Gallinari scoring anywhere inside the 3pt line is rare..he doesnt even shoot from midrange. Beasley probably makes 2x as many shots in the post as Gallinari AT LEAST. Id rather have a big man on my team playing closer to the basket..and if he does shoot..id rather see him shooting from midrange rather than camping out at the 3pt line.

Beasley scorers more points (15.5 to 13.9)
Shoots a higher percentage. (45 to 42)
Grabs more rebounds. (7 to 4.8)

Is Gallinari supposed to be better because he gets .3 more blocks a game?
Cmon..the guy is slow as hell laterally and not as strong playing in the post.

Beasley playing under Riley/Spoelstra and getting benched for defensive mistakes his rookie year..has made him a pretty good defensive player this season.
Jimmy76
RealGM
And1: 8

Post#223 » by Jimmy76 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:15 pm

CB4MiamiHeat wrote:
Dr Mufasa wrote:Going with Gallo because of his attitude (I don't think Beasley is any worse mentally than Melo, but Gallo is fiesty)

Beasley will never be the guy he was in the college because he can't play in the post anymore, he's too undersized.

Beasley might not be the greatest in the post, hes a face up player...but were comparing him to Gallinari...so Beasley in the post and close to the basket is like Shaq compared to Gallinari.

Gallinari scoring anywhere inside the 3pt line is rare..he doesnt even shoot from midrange. Beasley probably makes 2x as many shots in the post as Gallinari AT LEAST. Id rather have a big man on my team playing closer to the basket..and if he does shoot..id rather see him shooting from midrange rather than camping out at the 3pt line.

Beasley scorers more points (15.5 to 13.9)
Shoots a higher percentage. (45 to 42)
Grabs more rebounds. (7 to 4.8)

Is Gallinari supposed to be better because he gets .3 more blocks a game?
Cmon..the guy is slow as hell laterally and not as strong playing in the post.

Beasley playing under Riley/Spoelstra and getting benched for defensive mistakes his rookie year..has made him a pretty good defensive player this season.

not a good argument
YounG_A
Starter
And1: 161

Post#224 » by YounG_A » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:25 am

I love how all the Dirks and Bargnani fans pick Gallinari... I guess they love their soft European players :-?
maxwellcu
Bench Warmer
And1: 532

Post#225 » by maxwellcu » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:55 am

Every jumpshooting tall Euro is supposed to be Dirk and none of them ever come close... Bargnani is improving but he is far, far from a franchise player or MVP player and I don't think he ever will be.

Beasley has a MUCH higher ceiling. The attitude problems can easily fix themselves as he grows up. Dude is like what, 20 years old? Most people are immature when they are 20, particularly if they have experienced any kind of success.
Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Post#226 » by Wade2k6 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:49 am

I don't understand where this attitude problem comes from. Since he has been in the NBA he has done nothing to suggest he has any type of attitude. He was given limited minutes last year and should have been playing more, but he never came out and questioned the coach or the organization and said all the right things. This year he's given sporadic minutes at times behind a worse player in Haslem and still hasn't given any type of attitude.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,956

Post#227 » by Johnny Firpo » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:56 pm

YounG_A wrote:I love how all the Dirks and Bargnani fans pick Gallinari... I guess they love their soft European players :-?

He's not soft... Watch the freakin' games. Your ridiculous stereotypes... Beasley has wet dreams about blocking shots the way Gallo does. And i don't think we love our euro players more then you and the likes of you, the tattooed american players who can dunk, and full of swag, ish, and whatnot. You're just a hater, who knows nothing about Gallinari's game, and probably basketball as well. You can make a valid case about Beasley being better at his point in their career, but you're not doing this. That comparison is not ridiculous. You are. Beasley is a better scorer right now, but they're overall impact is definitely comparable.
NYKnick87
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#228 » by NYKnick87 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:40 pm

Kosar86 wrote:
Wow, if one post could ever be used as the gold standard example of the views of Knicks posters on here this is it.

The beginning of every post a knicks fan makes comparing, analyzing and/or predicting the talent level of a knicks player should begin with a warning that the post is authored by someone who believes the following....followed by the above post....followed by the Billy Madison warning that if you continue to read the rest of the post, once finished, you will actually be dumber for having read it.

:lol:

Says the person who gave me my sig
thruthefire
Head Coach
And1: 600

Post#229 » by thruthefire » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:06 pm

Definitely Beasley.
Humble yourself.
Kakapato
Bench Warmer
And1: 20

Post#230 » by Kakapato » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:44 pm

Since you guys love numbers...

Beasley 19/2/0
Gallo 26/8/3 missing too many 3 pointers

Ah... ESPN writers are a bunch of losers, they would never take a foreign player over an american player and like to go by stereotypes like many morons here. :roll:

Gallo soft... :lol:
YounG_A
Starter

Post#231 » by YounG_A » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:51 pm

I still don't see how Gallinari is a better player..
Gallinari was shooting tons.. you will eventually make some.

Since you are talking about numbers, if Beasley would've played more he would have scored more he was unstoppable when Wade was out.
I am Ra
Banned User

Post#232 » by I am Ra » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:54 pm

YounG_A wrote:I still don't see how Gallinari is a better player..

Since you are talking about numbers, if Beasley would've played more he would have scored more he was unstoppable when Wade was out.

well considering gallo wasnt hitting wide open threes, i say he did pretty good. He also had 8 rebounds and good defense.
Kakapato
Bench Warmer
And1: 20

Post#233 » by Kakapato » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:55 pm

19 on 16 FGA vs 26 on 18 FGA... of course Gallo was the one taking tons of shots... do you realize that he usually hits those threes? :wink:
YounG_A
Starter

Post#234 » by YounG_A » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:58 pm

3-11 from 3.. yeah nice that's not chucking at all.. lol
take off your homer glasses damn Knicks fans
YounG_A
Starter

Post#235 » by YounG_A » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:59 pm

GalloFan22 wrote:

well considering gallo wasnt hitting wide open threes, i say he did pretty good. He also had 8 rebounds and good defense.

good defense? lol
well you are a Knicks fans you wouldn't know what good defense is.
I am Ra
Banned User

Post#236 » by I am Ra » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:00 pm

YounG_A wrote:3-11 from 3.. yeah nice that's not chucking at all.. lol

i guess you watched the game :roll:

they were wide open shots. Gallo took only 2 more shots than beasley and hit one more than him. take your homer glasses off. gallo also had more rebounds.
I am Ra
Banned User

Post#237 » by I am Ra » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:01 pm

YounG_A wrote:
GalloFan22 wrote:

good defense? lol
well you are a Knicks fans you wouldn't know what good defense is.

did you even watch the game???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,349

Post#238 » by TrueWarrior » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:30 pm

YounG_A wrote:3-11 from 3.. yeah nice that's not chucking at all.. lol

If anything this just proves to everyone who hasnt seen him play much that he can still score without just shooting 3s. Isnt that your biggest knock on him? Did you see that drive and dunk? The And1 off the glass? And the mid range Js? The rebounds (Beas had 2 to Gallos 8)? Honestly you just sound stupid. Gallo is a good player who is far from one dimensional. Its just a Euro stereotype. He was known more as a slasher in Europe and is starting to drive and create more as he gets more comfortable.

Beasley and Gallo are both good players. Stop hating fella.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,107

Post#239 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:15 pm

Both players were good today, Gallinari was probably overall the best Knick out there, Beasley was the only guy on Miami other than Wade that could score (but did not impact the game except with his scoring).

I like what I see from Gallinari, and honestly, yes he shoots a ridiculous amount of 3's, but as long as he's hitting at the % he has been, thats OK. I think eventually though he will tone it down like Dirk, although he doesn't have nearly that type of post game yet. He does have a great first step though.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#240 » by Rasho Brezec » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:02 pm

Don't care much for this dick measuring contest, just thought I'd chime in with some numbers. Took this from Hoopdata, take it for what's it's worth. It cuts off the whole image, to see everything, just click on the image. If you want the explanations of formulas used, go to Hoopdata.

Return to Player Comparisons