Beasley or Gallinari?

Moderators: penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

Who's the better player now and in the future?

Michael Beasley
43%
Danilo Gallinari
57%

Total votes: 140

Toxicity
Analyst
And1: 39

Re: Beasley or Gallinari? 

Post#261 » by Toxicity » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:10 pm

He's just trolling...
Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

Post#262 » by Assassin_1 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:51 pm

I'm pretty sure Gallo could beat Haslem out for the starting spot in his rookie year if he was on the Heat. And if you give Gallo the three he's going to take it.
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,816

Post#263 » by Hallstar » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:24 pm

lol, if Beasley took some of the shots Gallinari took and missed, he would be on the bench

NYs PF rotation shot 7 for 26. Not bad for a starting PF with poor defense.

Beasley has had the better November and December. Don't see the point for argument right now
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,953

Post#264 » by Johnny Firpo » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:26 pm

Toxicity wrote:He's just trolling...

Exactly, and he can be grateful he didn't get banned. Just ignore him, he's not interested in making an argument. About the game yesterday... Beasley once again proved he can be an elite scorer in this league. I'd still choose Gallo, mostly because of his size, shooting, and b-ball IQ. But i understand if someone go with Beasley. I agree with one of the posters above, they both have the talent to be all-stars. Actually, based on thir talent alone, they should definitely make it in the future.
Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Post#265 » by Wade2k6 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:18 am

Assassin_1 wrote:I'm pretty sure Gallo could beat Haslem out for the starting spot in his rookie year if he was on the Heat. And if you give Gallo the three he's going to take it.

You obviously have never seen how the Eric Spoesltra coaches. He would not be starting over Haslem, and would not have gotten more then 25 minutes a game last year had he been playing strictly PF.
VictorPage44
Senior
And1: 1

Post#266 » by VictorPage44 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:24 am

Yesterday's rebounding disparity is a product of the knicks missing 23 three pointers. Beasley didnt have as many opportunities to grab rebounds because there were a lot of long rebounds. Wade, Arroyo, and Wright combined for 20 boards and the knicks had 14 offensive boards as a result (though danillo only had 1; rebounds rarely make it past the three point line.... just kidding). But Beasley's rebound rate is higher dispite playing with better rebounders. Also, i watched the game and didnt see gallo "rip" down one rebound, so you really shouldnt bring up those numbers because they're meaningless. Right now, although the comparison is about even, I'd take beasley. I like his ball handling, finishing ability around the basket, and athletisism.

Also, I dont want to rag on a guy who I havent seen much of, but anyone making a big deal about gallo taking the ball to the rim last night really needs to watch more of beasley. Gallo drove about five times yesterday, although he did look very quick when he did so. Beasley does that anytime he gets a face up isolation. But what impresses me most about beasley is not just that he can drive the ball from the outside, its that hes always under control when he does so.

I'm not casting my final vote by any means. Gallo's shown enough for me to believe that he could be a very good player eventually. I dont think he has the same feel on the drive/inside that beasley has, but hes also a much better jumpshooter--with the potential to be the best in the league. We'll know more in a year or so. I think both players will have improved a lot by then, and will have established their own games more by then.
method
RealGM
And1: 299

Post#267 » by method » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:25 am

CoolD wrote:No, you can get much better value for Beasley than this bonafied tall Jason Kapono.
I rather get me a defensive player with a better all around game,
Bosh and Gallo equals no defense. We will be horrible on D.

Beasley yesterday didn't have his best game all around, but Beasley is easily much better for the type of defense we play. I saw Gallo get lost, a couple times, if this happened to be a for a good team, the guy would get bench for such atrocious lapses in defense. He is lucky his team sucks and his coach doesn't care about defense. And Knick fans are so used to mediocrity, they don't even seem to notice this either.

That proves right there that you know nothing about basketball.

Whens the next time Beas going to get his ass thrown into rehab again?The guys a bum,a ticking time bomb and an alcoholic and has charecter issues.You guys picked a bust that will be out of the NBA next time he gets popped drinking which shouldnt be all to long.

At least with Gallo you know you arent going to pick up the paper and see a picture of him passed out with empty bottles of booze every where.Thats a loser,sorry I dont care how much talent you guys thunk he has,sounds like a wasted pick.
Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Post#268 » by Wade2k6 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:57 am

Again, can somebody tell me what these character issues and attitude problems that Beasley has? I keep seeing everybody write it, but I've yet to hear a response as to why he has attitude and character issues.
method
RealGM

Post#269 » by method » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:02 am

Wade2k6 wrote:Again, can somebody tell me what these character issues and attitude problems that Beasley has? I keep seeing everybody write it, but I've yet to hear a response as to why he has attitude and character issues.

He went to rehab already thats a charecter issue,what dont you get?
prs
Sixth Man
And1: 75

Post#270 » by prs » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:32 am

VictorPage44 wrote:Yesterday's rebounding disparity is a product of the knicks missing 23 three pointers. Beasley didnt have as many opportunities to grab rebounds because there were a lot of long rebounds. Wade, Arroyo, and Wright combined for 20 boards and the knicks had 14 offensive boards as a result (though danillo only had 1; rebounds rarely make it past the three point line.... just kidding). But Beasley's rebound rate is higher dispite playing with better rebounders. Also, i watched the game and didnt see gallo "rip" down one rebound, so you really shouldnt bring up those numbers because they're meaningless. Right now, although the comparison is about even, I'd take beasley. I like his ball handling, finishing ability around the basket, and athletisism.

Who on the Heat is a better rebounder than David Lee? oh ya nobody. You also know that the Knicks have been playing regularly with 4 forwards on the court right?

I like how now if your athletic you're automatically everything. PFF BEASLY is ATHLETIC BRO hes definitely a better defender than that slow Gallinari soft euro.

I also like how the other troll tries to justify the fgs by saying Gallo just shot a ton of 3's. You know 3's are harder to hit right? so its not supporting your point at all.
canefandynasty
Banned User

Post#271 » by canefandynasty » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:42 am

method wrote:
Wade2k6 wrote:Again, can somebody tell me what these character issues and attitude problems that Beasley has? I keep seeing everybody write it, but I've yet to hear a response as to why he has attitude and character issues.

Character issues for what...substance abuse? LMAO. Another uneducated New Yorker
method
RealGM

Post#272 » by method » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:00 am

canefandynasty wrote:
Character issues for what...substance abuse? LMAO. Another uneducated New Yorker

Yes substance abuse is a character issue,what plantet are you from.LMAO

Uneducated New Yorker thats the best you got?To bad your the one who sounds like a fool.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#273 » by Flash3 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:43 am

method wrote:

That's 1 issue, and since then he's been working on trying to improve and has yet to have any issues since. He was a kid, and plenty of us went :roll: over his actions and rightfully so. But, with the guidance he's now receiving (something he did NOT have growing up from his parents or immediate family or friends), we're seeing the person he is. -- He's made a LOT of comments on how becoming a father has really changed his life.

No one is saying he's an angel or anything, because he isn't. But, having one issue that is being dealt with, does NOT constitute as issueS as you clearly stated above.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,107

Post#274 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:56 pm

Assassin_1 wrote:I'm pretty sure Gallo could beat Haslem out for the starting spot in his rookie year if he was on the Heat.

:lol:

Wait, I'm sorry, I'll try to seriously address your post now....

No, just no.
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,442

Post#275 » by TrueLAfan » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:04 pm

Time to stop personal insults on the post and stick to answering the question.
Assassin_1
Banned User

Post#276 » by Assassin_1 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:09 pm

You think Haslem's better than Gallinari too now, do you live under a rock?
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM

Post#277 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:56 pm

Assassin_1 wrote::lol:
You think Haslem's better than Gallinari too now, do you live under a rock?

I'm laughing at the suggestion that a rookie Gallinari would've started over Haslem. You don't know the Miami coaching staff very well.

I don't see why thats so funny either, Gallo was worse than Beasley and INJURED for most of last year, and this year he is STILL not as good as Beasley at least numerically despite playing on a team where he has more freedom to get playing time.

I have no problem with those who want to say they like Gallinari because of a better fit, or if they feel he will have a better attitude down the line, but those who suggest he has already been superior to Beasley are just flat out homers.

Besides, Miami would never start Gallo at power forward over Haslem anyways because he's too soft for that position, Beasley has a hard enough time getting his minutes and he's not even that soft, just plays too finesse like. Gallinari might see small forward minutes in Miami, but considering Q-Rich is Wade's best friend and a much better defender, even that is debatable. Most likely, we'd play him 20 minutes a night and people on the Miami board would be complaining he needs more minutes.
Assassin_1
Banned User

Post#278 » by Assassin_1 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:08 am

This is basically Gallinari's rookie year, and they didn't start Beasely probably because he has mental health issues, sucks at defense, and can't play the post. Gallinari can do all those things and I really want your answer to this, the thing you've seem to have been dodging.....

WHAT THE F%&K MAKES GALLO SOFT?!?
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM

Post#279 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:13 am

Assassin_1 wrote:This is basically Gallinari's rookie year, and they didn't start Beasely probably because he has mental health issues, sucks at defense, and can't play the post. Gallinari can do all those things and I really want your answer to this, the thing you've seem to have been dodging.....

Averaging less than 5 rebounds a game and shooting mostly 3's while being taller than Beasley is what makes him soft.

Why does being injured and crappy give Gallo a pass for his rookie year? And Beasley is STILL better than him this year.

All you need to know about these two players and the two fanbases... Beasley has 16 points, 5 boards in 26 minutes, 7/13 shooting, blowout win, and Heat fans were disappointed with him tonight for the most part. Gallinari gets 19 points on 5/13 shooting, 3 boards in 36 minutes in a loss, and Knicks fans anoint him a star.
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#280 » by bringinhinkie » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:18 am

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:
Assassin_1 wrote:This is basically Gallinari's rookie year, and they didn't start Beasely probably because he has mental health issues, sucks at defense, and can't play the post. Gallinari can do all those things and I really want your answer to this, the thing you've seem to have been dodging.....

Averaging less than 5 rebounds a game and shooting mostly 3's while being taller than Beasley is what makes him soft.

Why does being injured and crappy give Gallo a pass for his rookie year? And Beasley is STILL better than him this year.

All you need to know about these two players and the two fanbases... Beasley has 16 points, 5 boards in 26 minutes, 7/13 shooting, blowout win, and Heat fans were disappointed with him tonight for the most part. Gallinari gets 19 points on 5/13 shooting, 3 boards in 36 minutes in a loss, and Knicks fans anoint him a star.

hes not soft-not in the slightest, but the star thread is incredibly silly.. and be real, the knick fanbase is not one voice, just click on the bender is bum thread and look how split it really is

Return to Player Comparisons