Banned User
And1: 0

Post#41 » by jzmagik » Thu Feb 7, 2008 8:18 am

哈哈哈哈
ChrisTheFuturePaul
Veteran
And1: 104

Post#42 » by ChrisTheFuturePaul » Thu Feb 7, 2008 8:20 am

Utah fans just cant hack it really, they always get pooey when CP3 is given the "potential MVP" hype.

VERY insecure.

Deron is great, hes also gotten the better of Paul in alot of their meetings, take pride in Deron.

CP3 however is in a different situation where his play is being recognised as top 5 in the league.

If CP3 can improve his numbers in the steady fasion he has over the past 3 year, perhaps for another 2 years, he'll be hard to keep out of the HOF, especially after thrashing Deron in the playoffs and winning titles and all that speculative stuff ;p
giordunk
Analyst
And1: 500

Post#43 » by giordunk » Thu Feb 7, 2008 8:22 am

Pardon me but Deron just schooled Chris Paul the other day.
i like peanuts
rutheredfox
Bench Warmer

Post#44 » by rutheredfox » Thu Feb 7, 2008 8:38 am

so did baron. but yea cp3 is better than any other pg in the league right now. chris paul has hard problem facing up bigger pg's like deron and baron, even billups.
RobertGlory
Rookie
And1: 4

Post#45 » by RobertGlory » Thu Feb 7, 2008 8:46 am

deron is quick, clutch, makes good decisions, shoots well, mixes it up, and plays D

cp3 is quicker, more clutch, makes better decisions, shoots better, rebounds, gets steals
giordunk
Analyst
And1: 500

Post#46 » by giordunk » Thu Feb 7, 2008 8:50 am

Nash isn't even close to a good defensive point guard.
i like peanuts
trueblue8to5
Sophomore

Post#47 » by trueblue8to5 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 8:51 am

RobertGlory wrote:deron is quick, clutch, makes good decisions, shoots well, mixes it up, and plays D

cp3 is quicker, more clutch, makes better decisions, shoots better, rebounds, gets steals

Dunno about those............

Williams is 1st in TS% among guards averaging over 19 PPG.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#48 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 8:54 am

RobertGlory wrote:cp3 is quicker, more clutch, makes better decisions, shoots better, rebounds, gets steals

deron is quickest, clutchiest, makes goodest decision, shoots wellest, mixes it upest, and plays Dest!!!!

THAT'S RIGHT!!!
Sophomore

Post#49 » by 00000000000 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 9:05 am

longevity will be the key i think. paul is pretty frail and has already missed quite a few more games than deron has. ya maybe he is putting up better numbers right now, but if in 5 years he is missing a bunch of games because of his weaker body well then he is no good to anyone.

laughing my ass off at whoever mentioned ealier that he is aleady considering him hall of fame material. he is 3 seasons in! a lot will happen. so far he hasnt really done anything meaningful. his team missed the playoffs last year, cuz lets see, he was injured 18 games!

he is a huge media darling. he is the star on the "little team that could", in a city that is the center of everyones pity. of course that influences the media's opinion of him.

he is amazing ya, but man this board can be swayed so easily. first year, everyones says "oh paul is eaily the best". he wins rookie of the year. then second year deron takes his team to the wcf and plays awesome against the spurs, and everyone on here is saying "deron is better", "deron is better!" now the third year pual is playing better and everyone on here is saying "deron sucks." "paul mvp!" so when deron plays better next year, and paul better the year after that, will your opinions adjust accordingly? i mean cmon guys, you gotta keep up the consistancy... wouldnt want you to look like fools. whoa too late
Pai Gow
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#50 » by Pai Gow » Thu Feb 7, 2008 9:19 am

Of course I take Deron, he's more proven and fits our style PERFECTLY, but Paul is great too.

Honestly though, look how quickly Deron and Paul have climbed up the PG ladder and are in the top tier. You could argue they both broke the plane last year and are now solidifying themselves as the TWO top point guards in the league. I think as far as this season goes the top 3 (In no particular order for arguments sake)

Deron
Nash
Paul

No other point guards are playing better than those 3 this season and that includes Baron, Billups, AI and for the crazies Roy and Calderon.
crzy
Lead Assistant

Post#51 » by crzy » Thu Feb 7, 2008 10:02 am

Undoubtedly, Chris Paul is the best point guard in the league. There's no doubt about that. Future Hall-of-Famer.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,192
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#52 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Feb 7, 2008 10:09 am

He's not indisputably the best PG yet IMO. He got pwned hard by Deron, and he's still learning.

He's top 2 at the very least, and he's pushing for Nash's mantle hard.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,192
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#53 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Feb 7, 2008 10:12 am

Monkeyfeng06 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

deron is quickest, clutchiest, makes goodest decision, shoots wellest, mixes it upest, and plays Dest!!!!

THAT'S RIGHT!!!

Mixes it upest :rofl:

Dest :rofl:
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
floris_
Freshman

Post#54 » by floris_ » Thu Feb 7, 2008 10:17 am

Paul is looking awesome this season. No doubt about that. But calling him a future HOF'er or even MVP this season is way too early. Also at the moment I would still give Nash the nod over Paul.
667Club
Bench Warmer

Post#55 » by 667Club » Thu Feb 7, 2008 10:19 am

I'd like to see Deron vs Chris in the playoffs. I'm 100 % sure that Utah wins. Yes Chris Paul is unbelievable but Williams is and will be a Playoff Star. You ve seen it last, you will see it against in 2008.
JoeyH
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#56 » by JoeyH » Thu Feb 7, 2008 1:20 pm

The series he supposedly "broke out" in, his team lost 4-1.
G35
RealGM
And1: 7,832

Post#57 » by G35 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 2:13 pm

I know one thing is Paul has an attitude. Whenever I see the Hornets play he gets mad if anyone tries to get physical with him.

Last night when he had that breakaway in the 4th and Barbosa ran him down and challenged his shot and Paul missed the layup. You could see Paul say, "Damn, man!" like don't you know who I am? You're not suppose to challenge my shot.

I think that's why Deron plays CP so well; he has the body to punish him the whole game. I would love to see a Utah/NO playoff series. It would be similar to Hakeem vs DRob and be career defining.......
I'm so tired of the typical......
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#58 » by magicfan4life05 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 2:16 pm

^ i saw that play and i didnt get the feel he was like "you're not supposed to challenge my shot" i felt he got mad because barbosa almost injured him, but that's just my opinion
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
Darren
RealGM
And1: 846

Post#59 » by Darren » Thu Feb 7, 2008 2:30 pm

Deron Williams is my pick. But I don't think his team can go anywhere depth in playoff. You can't win games with that many holes on the floor. Defense win championship.
2poor
RealGM
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#60 » by 2poor » Thu Feb 7, 2008 2:36 pm

SeattleJazzFan wrote:How hard is it to score 42 points when you take 33 shots in a game where both teams put up 130?

I know you're just being a homer, but I can't resist.

Chris Paul scored points number 38, 39, and 40, on a 3-point play that tied the game at 109 with 50 seconds left in regulation.

130 points for a double OT game isn't unusual either. Then, factor in that each team was without their best defender (PHX: Marion/NO: Chandler).

Watch the game....then comment. Don't be a box score jockey.

Darren wrote:Deron Williams is my pick. But I don't think his team can go anywhere depth in playoff. You can't win games with that many holes on the floor. Defense win championship.

The kind of defense that lets guys like Jannero Pargo score 24 points on 9-14 shooting? What I find funniest about CP's miserable game against the Jazz the other night is that nobody wants to mention that while Paul was on the bench because of foul trouble, Pargo was having his way with Deron.

But yeah, Chris isn't a good defender. Thats why Steve-freaking-Nash had 10 TOs last night right? Now compare that to the 1 TO Paul had and the many steals Chris got from Nash's turnovers (finished with 8, many off of Nash passes).

Return to Player Comparisons