Passing only: Jokic vs ATG centers

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Re: Passing only: Jokic vs ATG centers 

Post#21 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:32 am

Dutchball97 wrote:I thought this thread was made by a clinically insane person before I saw it's from 2017 lol.

It just shows that we were seeing this even during his soph season. He obviously ended up as good as he could be as he proved to be an incredibly hard worker, but it's not as shocking as some people are making it now.
Слава Украине!
Dutchball97
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,877

Post#22 » by Dutchball97 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:57 am

Ryoga Hibiki wrote:
Dutchball97 wrote:I thought this thread was made by a clinically insane person before I saw it's from 2017 lol.

It just shows that we were seeing this even during his soph season. He obviously ended up as good as he could be as he proved to be an incredibly hard worker, but it's not as shocking as some people are making it now.

I think it goes to show people are way too cautious with giving young players their props.
Rishkar
Junior
And1: 315

Post#23 » by Rishkar » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:16 pm

Honestly, I think Jokic is neck and neck with Nash for being the best passer ever
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,586

Post#24 » by Doctor MJ » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:29 pm

Dutchball97 wrote:
Ryoga Hibiki wrote:

I think it goes to show people are way too cautious with giving young players their props.

Well, thing is, people are also way too reckless about giving young players props. Now, we might be talking about two largely different groups of people, but the cautious folks are aware of the reckless folks and don't want to make the same mistakes.

All the early stuff with Jokic is very interesting to me because he was such a different beast than anyone was really expecting, and among other things this led to a delay in opportunity.

I remember my personal ROY debate in '15-16. I was more enthralled with Jokic than any other rookie, but the fact that he'd played so much time against bench competition led me to favor both KAT & KP over him for the award. It wasn't a "These guys are definitely better" thing, but a "I need to see more" thing.

Anyway, I shout out lorak for this thread.
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!

Return to Player Comparisons