PC Board OT Thread Take 4 [No Politics]

Moderators: Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal

MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,860

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 4 

Post#21 » by MyUniBroDavis » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:55 am

American pie was what I thought American unis were like when I was weird and fresh off the boat
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
GSP
RealGM
And1: 15,370

Post#22 » by GSP » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:45 am

This is the weirdest Nfl postseason in some time

Not surprised in how we lost to the Titans but most others have been unexpected, if not for the outcome, how they went

Like imagine if we got Texans/Packers Superbowl. WTF
Dr Spaceman
General Manager
And1: 11,206

Post#23 » by Dr Spaceman » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:16 am

Zeitgeister wrote:500 Days of Summer is a good romcom.

It is, but mostly because it’s a deconstruction of rom-coms. Eternal Sunshine is another fantastic one along those lines. Lost in Translation too.
“I’m not the fastest guy on the court, but I can dictate when the race begins.”
Zeitgeister
General Manager
And1: 5,894

Post#24 » by Zeitgeister » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:13 pm

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Zeitgeister wrote:500 Days of Summer is a good romcom.

It is, but mostly because it’s a deconstruction of rom-coms. Eternal Sunshine is another fantastic one along those lines. Lost in Translation too.

I would agree with that, I was also considering Eternal Sunshine, or a number of other things written by Charlie Kaufman but it's true that it can be difficult to classify those under the genre rom-com. Groundhog's Day seems like more of a straight forward romcom and I liked that quite a bit, About Time is pretty solid, Silver Linings Playbook as well. I don't know, it definitely feels like a genre that has a lot more of what I wouldn't be interested in but sometimes they are genuinely well-made, strangely enough it has that in common with the horror genre for me.
Lenin wrote: All over the world, wherever there are capitalists, freedom of the press means freedom to buy up newspapers, to buy writers, to bribe, buy and fake "public opinion" for the benefit of the bourgeoisie.
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,868

Post#25 » by Goudelock » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:20 am

Aikman looking like a proud son.

Read on Twitter
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
GSP
RealGM

Post#26 » by GSP » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:23 am

PockyCandy wrote:Aikman looking like a proud son.

Read on Twitter

Still not in Cowboys Ring of Honor tho :lol: :lol:
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,576

Post#27 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:57 am

Check out About Time for an underrated romcom
JulesWinnfield
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,354

Post#28 » by JulesWinnfield » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:28 pm

Of every Individual remaining in these playoffs, the one individual with the most to gain and lose is probably Andy Reid. Winning a Super Bowl would really vault him, even just getting 1, given all the success he has had in his career. He is already seen as a great coach but this would hurl him forward. Another conference title game loss though (which would be his 6th) would put him square in the talking head spin cycle for falling short again at the door step. Hed be getting roasted and further tagged as someone who falls short in big games. Lots of pressure on him, especially when all these coaches left are novices. He needs this.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,222

Post#29 » by Colbinii » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:47 pm

JulesWinnfield wrote:Of every Individual remaining in these playoffs, the one individual with the most to gain and lose is probably Andy Reid. Winning a Super Bowl would really vault him, even just getting 1, given all the success he has had in his career. He is already seen as a great coach but this would hurl him forward. Another conference title game loss though (which would be his 6th) would put him square in the talking head spin cycle for falling short again at the door step. Hed be getting roasted and further tagged as someone who falls short in big games. Lots of pressure on him, especially when all these coaches left are novices. He needs this.

Andy Reid: 220-142-1

The other 3 Head Coaches Career W-L: 58-42
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,430
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#30 » by E-Balla » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:29 pm

JulesWinnfield wrote:Of every Individual remaining in these playoffs, the one individual with the most to gain and lose is probably Andy Reid. Winning a Super Bowl would really vault him, even just getting 1, given all the success he has had in his career. He is already seen as a great coach but this would hurl him forward. Another conference title game loss though (which would be his 6th) would put him square in the talking head spin cycle for falling short again at the door step. Hed be getting roasted and further tagged as someone who falls short in big games. Lots of pressure on him, especially when all these coaches left are novices. He needs this.

I really want to see him get this. I'm nearly as invested in the Chiefs winning as a fan of the Chiefs right now.
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by Goudelock » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:23 pm

I get what you're saying, but i'm pulling for Tennessee Titans super bowl. I want to say Ryan Tannehill is a Super Bowl QB after he throws for 85 yards in the AFC title game. And you know you want this to happen too.
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by Goudelock » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:40 am

Maybe I'm just getting old and cranky, but I think that calling a guy who can semi-create his own shot "A Bucket" is stupid and should stop.

Or maybe I just hate it because anytime Kyle Kuzma has a semi-decent game, my twitter feed is overrun with "He a bucket. Kyle Kuzma has that Mamba Mentality (flame emoji) (flexing emoji) (100 emoji). AD and LeBron need to get Kuz more touches." because of the cesspool that is Lakers Twitter deluding themselves into thinking Kuzma is an all-star.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,430
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#33 » by E-Balla » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:53 am

Most talented QB in CFB my ass. Fields wouldn't have all these misses.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,814

Post#34 » by HeartBreakKid » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:28 am

Memories of Murder is alright. Bong has never really made a movie that blew me away, though Parasite is probably his best.

Burning is the best Korean movie I've ever seen.

I'm sick and might watch Moana today.
GSP
RealGM

Post#35 » by GSP » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:41 am

HeartBreakKid wrote:Memories of Murder is alright. Bong has never really made a movie that blew me away, though Parasite is probably his best.

Burning is the best Korean movie I've ever seen.

I'm sick and might watch Moana today.

Burning was decent but really watered down from Murakamis story
Dr Spaceman
General Manager
And1: 11,206

Post#36 » by Dr Spaceman » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:53 am

PockyCandy wrote:Maybe I'm just getting old and cranky, but I think that calling a guy who can semi-create his own shot "A Bucket" is stupid and should stop.

Or maybe I just hate it because anytime Kyle Kuzma has a semi-decent game, my twitter feed is overrun with "He a bucket. Kyle Kuzma has that Mamba Mentality (flame emoji) (flexing emoji) (100 emoji). AD and LeBron need to get Kuz more touches." because of the cesspool that is Lakers Twitter deluding themselves into thinking Kuzma is an all-star.

Aren’t you like 19? :lol:
“I’m not the fastest guy on the court, but I can dictate when the race begins.”
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,860

Post#37 » by MyUniBroDavis » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:00 am

Dr Spaceman wrote:
PockyCandy wrote:Maybe I'm just getting old and cranky, but I think that calling a guy who can semi-create his own shot "A Bucket" is stupid and should stop.

Aren’t you like 19? :lol:

I feel as if I’m a million years older than my 17 year old self, but half of that is probably moving to America lol
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
Jaivl
Head Coach
And1: 6,504

Post#38 » by Jaivl » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:44 pm

OMG a Lakers fan not kissing Kuzma's ass, gotta make a wish!
This place is a cesspool of mindless ineptitude, mental decrepitude, and intellectual lassitude. I refuse to be sucked any deeper into this whirlpool of groupthink sewage. My opinions have been expressed. I'm going to go take a shower.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,576

Post#39 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:21 am

Ken Jennings the GOAT!!
The High Cyde
Head Coach
And1: 12,623

Post#40 » by The High Cyde » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:09 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:Ken Jennings the GOAT!!

He's so freaking good :lol:

That was such a fun tournament! Wish Brad had a better showing, he was mostly outclassed by James and Ken. Was hoping for a Game 7 type situation with each contestant winning two, but Ken GOAT'ed 8-)

Return to Player Comparisons