Kevin Durant-Nets/Suns- 22-23 Thread- any last thoughts on Bradley Beal?

Moderators: Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal

TroubleS0me
General Manager
And1: 5,357

Kevin Durant-Nets/Suns- 22-23 Thread- any last thoughts on Bradley Beal? 

Post#1 » by TroubleS0me » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:14 pm

Just the two of them this time, No James Harden
Ben Simmons back playing
Kyrie is full time
How far can the Nets go?
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Re: Kevin Durant & Kyrie Irving- 22-23 Thread 

Post#2 » by CharityStripe34 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:05 pm

Doesn't look promising so far.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
TroubleS0me
General Manager

Post#3 » by TroubleS0me » Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:40 am

Defense needs to get better

Will Nash get fired?
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,574

Post#4 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:26 pm

Kyrie is beyond toxic off the court, doesn't play defense and I think is the biggest reason Simmons has such bad numbers (just basing this off the Raptors game I saw - Simmons didn't look THAT washed, but what he's supposed to do basically playing as off ball standing near the basket and sometimes finish some cuts)

Trade the damn man

TroubleS0me
General Manager

Post#5 » by TroubleS0me » Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:43 am

LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,115

Post#6 » by LesGrossman » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:02 am

the defense looks unorganized but engaged, compared to the lakers. There is a lot of talent on this team, too. I believe they can become a contender with small changes. Trading Kyrie would be a blessing and as much as i am a fan of him and his legacy, i think Steve Nash is overwhelmed with this first coaching job.

Also, Ben is starting to look like the real deal on defense. They dont even need him to score a lot, there is so much shooting on this team that a real playmaker may be exactly the right thing for them. One of the most interseting teams to follow this season imho.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,174
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#7 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:04 am

LesGrossman wrote:the defense looks unorganized but engaged, compared to the lakers. There is a lot of talent on this team, too. I believe they can become a contender with small changes. Trading Kyrie would be a blessing and as much as i am a fan of him and his legacy, i think Steve Nash is overwhelmed with this first coaching job.

Also, Ben is starting to look like the real deal on defense. They dont even need him to score a lot, there is so much shooting on this team that a real playmaker may be exactly the right thing for them. One of the most interseting teams to follow this season imho.

Is he that though? It kinda feels like he's just a passer because he can't do anything else, it doesn't feel like he can manipulate defense in a way to bend them where he wants them to go to free someone else up.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
LesGrossman
Head Coach

Post#8 » by LesGrossman » Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:52 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:the defense looks unorganized but engaged, compared to the lakers. There is a lot of talent on this team, too. I believe they can become a contender with small changes. Trading Kyrie would be a blessing and as much as i am a fan of him and his legacy, i think Steve Nash is overwhelmed with this first coaching job.

Is he that though? It kinda feels like he's just a passer because he can't do anything else, it doesn't feel like he can manipulate defense in a way to bend them where he wants them to go to free someone else up.

I think his game is similar to Ricky Rubio's, Rondo, Lonzo. Those guys are specialized to exploit defense automatics. Guys react to penetration regardless of the other player most of the time, and all of those guys are able to beat their own guy of the dribble and draw several more defenders and find the open guys. Those are high value assists and Ben can and will show them (again).
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
OhayoKD
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,936

Post#9 » by OhayoKD » Tue Nov 1, 2022 11:11 pm

This could be going better, yeah
its my last message in this thread, but I just admit, that all the people, casual and analytical minds, more or less have consencus who has the weight of a rubberized duck. And its not JaivLLLL
LesGrossman
Head Coach

Post#10 » by LesGrossman » Wed Nov 2, 2022 3:14 am

This is shocking. The Nash thing, Kyrie going full racist on top of his lunacy, and now the nash firing (as i read it it was more his wish to leave than an actual firing). The last games were disastrous, even that win felt wrong. I feel like Kyrie is in the middle of all of it, but KD is also flexing towards the organization instead of looking for a win-now setup. So much talent and yet a few guys can ruin it all, easily. :( i was hoping i'd be able to watch another east coast team next to the cavs this season but those games are unwatchable.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,814

Post#11 » by HeartBreakKid » Wed Nov 2, 2022 3:18 am

I feel like it's inevitable that major trade talks are happening again this season. Not just rumors but the Nets actually saying they're looking for a trade again like they did in the off season.
falcolombardi
General Manager
And1: 6,023

Post#12 » by falcolombardi » Wed Nov 2, 2022 3:20 am

Kyrie to lakers back on the menu?

It would be a pr nightmare for any team but i can see a desperate lakers team going for it, would prefer myles turner still tho if i was pelinka (even without the drama factor)
TroubleS0me
General Manager

Post#13 » by TroubleS0me » Wed Nov 2, 2022 4:14 am

I said what I said
Nash was gonna get fired!
TroubleS0me
General Manager

Post#14 » by TroubleS0me » Wed Nov 2, 2022 4:59 am

LesGrossman
Head Coach

Post#15 » by LesGrossman » Wed Nov 2, 2022 12:18 pm

I'm not from the US so maybe someone can explain. OVer here, getting fired would be quite offensive so i wonder why everyone is saying it like that. As i understand, Steve resigned, isnt that technically very different from getting fired while trying to kling to your job?
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,420

Post#16 » by Statlanta » Wed Nov 2, 2022 1:54 pm

LesGrossman wrote:I'm not from the US so maybe someone can explain. OVer here, getting fired would be quite offensive so i wonder why everyone is saying it like that. As i understand, Steve resigned, isnt that technically very different from getting fired while trying to kling to your job?

I’m assuming because it happened during the season and that more people dislike Nash as a coach that people say he got fired. Nobody says it for Quin Snyder.
Read on Twitter
TroubleS0me
General Manager

Post#17 » by TroubleS0me » Fri Nov 4, 2022 5:19 am

irving suspended bump 5 games
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,274

Post#18 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Nov 4, 2022 4:15 pm

As if the Nets' situation wasn't horrible enough, now Durant steps in to enable Kyrie yet again:

Read on Twitter

I'll never understand how anyone can exempt KD from blame for the Nets' dysfunction. As the leader/face of the franchise, not to mention Kyrie's close friend, he should be the one stepping up and telling Kyrie to clean up his act, not rushing to his defense every time he has another scandal.
TroubleS0me
General Manager

Post#19 » by TroubleS0me » Fri Nov 4, 2022 6:19 pm

LesGrossman wrote:I'm not from the US so maybe someone can explain. OVer here, getting fired would be quite offensive so i wonder why everyone is saying it like that.
As i understand, Steve resigned, isnt that technically very different from getting fired while trying to kling to your job?

It's different, resigning meaning you left on your own terms while being fired meaning the hiring ups took out of your job due to performances.
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,420

Post#20 » by Statlanta » Fri Nov 4, 2022 7:01 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:As if the Nets' situation wasn't horrible enough, now Durant steps in to enable Kyrie yet again:

Read on Twitter

I'll never understand how anyone can exempt KD from blame for the Nets' dysfunction. As the leader/face of the franchise, not to mention Kyrie's close friend, he should be the one stepping up and telling Kyrie to clean up his act, not rushing to his defense every time he has another scandal.

He doesn’t want to be a leader hence why he let Westbrook have the usage he did, why he let Draymond call him/emasculate him against the Clippers and why he’s chasing another team. Kyrie is the leader of this team.

Read on Twitter

Return to Player Comparisons