Where do you rank Jalen Brunson among Pgs?

Moderators: Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal

Where....

top 3
50%
top 5
38%
top 7
6%
top 10
No votes
top 15
No votes
Cuban is a dope and Mavs lost
6%

Total votes: 16

GSP
RealGM
And1: 15,321

Where do you rank Jalen Brunson among Pgs? 

Post#1 » by GSP » Sat May 13, 2023 12:04 pm

He balled out in the playoffs. Outplayed playoff Mitchell and playoff Jimmy. Averaged 40 in elimination games and has comfortably been a top 5 playoff performer this year and the best playoff Pg this year w/o question

Beat Cavs when they were heavy underdogs w/o Hca and took Miami to brink. He was robbed of an all star appearance too

I think Luka and Steph are prolly the only Pgs you comfortably take over him at this point

Dame is arguable but his defense is really bad and i dont think Dames performed against top defenses the way Brunson has against b2b top defenses in Cleveland and Miami

Fox showed me something these playoffs where Id entertain him.......

but Brunson is better than the likes of Kyrie, Ja, Sga, Trae, Hali etc IMO
Freighttrain
Analyst
And1: 7,080

Re: Where do you rank Jalen Brunson among Pgs? 

Post#2 » by Freighttrain » Sat May 13, 2023 12:17 pm

Idk if I would put him ahead of SGA. I also believe Dame is still better at this point. Probably somewhere between 5-8
GSP
RealGM

Post#3 » by GSP » Sat May 13, 2023 1:08 pm

Freighttrain wrote:Idk if I would put him ahead of SGA. I also believe Dame is still better at this point. Probably somewhere between 5-8

Sga had a great season but was horrific in play in game. Got clamped by Nickei Alexander Walker and lost by 30.... I get Dame but what has Sga shown? He was a 3rd, 4th option any other time he was on a high stake or playoff game
Freighttrain
Analyst
And1: 7,080

Post#4 » by Freighttrain » Sat May 13, 2023 2:19 pm

GSP wrote:
Freighttrain wrote:Idk if I would put him ahead of SGA. I also believe Dame is still better at this point. Probably somewhere between 5-8

Sga had a great season but was horrific in play in game. Got clamped by Nickei Alexander Walker and lost by 30.... I get Dame but what has Sga shown? He was a 3rd, 4th option any other time he was on a high stake or playoff game

IDK, being first-team ALL-NBA?
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#5 » by Gooner » Sat May 13, 2023 2:25 pm

I would take Curry, Luka and Fox over him.
GSP
RealGM

Post#6 » by GSP » Mon Apr 8, 2024 1:27 am

Luka is only Pg youre comfortable with taking over Brunson Imo

what a player.............and a playoff riser too
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,381

Post#7 » by SpreeS » Mon Apr 8, 2024 12:09 pm

Shai isnt PG for me, he just has ball in his hands to much. Giddey is way better and more natural PG than Shai. So Brunson is second best PG after Doncic. Hali is close 3rd with next Fox and Curry.
GSP
RealGM

Post#8 » by GSP » Fri May 3, 2024 3:43 am

Wild Luka and Brunson were on the same team. Wcf run makes alot more sense now. They had the 2 best Pgs the whole time.
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,932

Post#9 » by Heej » Fri May 3, 2024 5:45 am

I expected Brunson to take a harden leap but not like this. Is Shai a PG? I think I only take Hali over him right now but it's close. Fox and Curry I think Brunson is arguable against each. He's the Kyrie level guy for the next generation imo. Someone resilient that can go toe to toe with any guard but may not be the best necessarily
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,312

Post#10 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Fri May 3, 2024 4:06 pm

Brunson’s playing at an incredibly high level. I was high on him all along, even before the Knicks got him but he really exceeded my expectations. 1. Keeping them running strong after Randle went down and securing the 2 seed. 2. Superstar play every night.

I like what a SGA has to fall back on in the way of height/size/athleticism. Idk if I really consider him a PG though. Nor do I consider Luka to be one. Halliburton was playing strong in Nov/Dec and candidly, I felt he was a little better than Brunson at the time but he’s had a horrid 2024 whereas Brunson has climbed to superstar status. Curry has the more nuclear weapon between he and Brunson — but I don’t think at this point I’d trust or expect Curry to be able to carry an offense the way Brunson is.

There’s a floor general-ship, game managing, leadership quality present with Brunson in a way you don’t see from Kyrie, maybe Lillard, Young.

There isn’t a PG in the league I’d prefer to have over Brunson.
LukaTheGOAT
Analyst
And1: 2,791

Post#11 » by LukaTheGOAT » Fri May 3, 2024 5:40 pm

Heej wrote:I expected Brunson to take a harden leap but not like this. Is Shai a PG? I think I only take Hali over him right now but it's close. Fox and Curry I think Brunson is arguable against each. He's the Kyrie level guy for the next generation imo. Someone resilient that can go toe to toe with any guard but may not be the best necessarily

Respect for the Haliburton shoutout. He will rise again.
Read on Twitter
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,932

Post#12 » by Heej » Fri May 3, 2024 6:32 pm

Amare_1_Knicks wrote:Brunson’s playing at an incredibly high level. I was high on him all along, even before the Knicks got him but he really exceeded my expectations. 1. Keeping them running strong after Randle went down and securing the 2 seed. 2. Superstar play every night.

I like what a SGA has to fall back on in the way of height/size/athleticism. Idk if I really consider him a PG though. Nor do I consider Luka to be one. Halliburton was playing strong in Nov/Dec and candidly, I felt he was a little better than Brunson at the time but he’s had a horrid 2024 whereas Brunson has climbed to superstar status. Curry has the more nuclear weapon between he and Brunson — but I don’t think at this point I’d trust or expect Curry to be able to carry an offense the way Brunson is.

There’s a floor general-ship, game managing, leadership quality present with Brunson in a way you don’t see from Kyrie, maybe Lillard, Young.

There isn’t a PG in the league I’d prefer to have over Brunson.

Yea this is a good breakdown. He might be the best PG in the world right now which is wild. If Shai is in the convo I'd go with him but he's more of a 2 guard to me that can run the 1 personally
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
Fundamentals21
Bench Warmer
And1: 638

Post#13 » by Fundamentals21 » Fri May 3, 2024 7:05 pm

He's Top 3... mostly looks like a superstar out there when the Knicks play him. Now that Randle's out he looks even better. NY really needs to trade a lower star for Randle, play along with Brunson and see if they can pull an Iverson type championship. I think only Luka has a game better than Brunson right now (unless SGA counts as PG).
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,393

Post#14 » by Cavsfansince84 » Fri May 3, 2024 7:12 pm

Fundamentals21 wrote:He's Top 3... mostly looks like a superstar out there when the Knicks play him. Now that Randle's out he looks even better. NY really needs to trade a lower star for Randle, play along with Brunson and see if they can pull an Iverson type championship. I think only Luka has a game better than Brunson right now (unless SGA counts as PG).

AI never won a ring though. He sort of snuck into a finals and lost 4-1(granted it was an all time Lakers team). I don't think JB is more than a guy who can do something like that as the best guy. Undersized pg who like to shoot a lot isn't a great recipe to build around. JB is still a great player but I think he will need another top 10 guy next to him that he can defer to at times.

Return to Player Comparisons