The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-Season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS & BAITING)

Moderators: Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,470

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-Season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS & BAITING) 

Post#901 » by Slava » Tue May 7, 2024 7:32 pm

This series also shows how badly Vanderbilt was missed. He’s the closest thing to an athletic wing that can swarm and harass guards on the lakers. We desperately need to get more athletic at 2-4.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,768

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-Season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS & BAITING) 

Post#902 » by nzahir » Wed May 8, 2024 1:01 am

Slava wrote:This series also shows how badly Vanderbilt was missed. He’s the closest thing to an athletic wing that can swarm and harass guards on the lakers. We desperately need to get more athletic at 2-4.

We literally have Christie and should have given him time to develop and get in reps

In no way should Reddish have played over him

I like Vando, the issue is he is a bad shooter and has horrific hands. Hopefully he continues to get better offensively. Actually did have some good offensive moments for a few weeks before getting hurt again

Any thoughts on who are or MLE targets this summer?
dcstanley
Sixth Man
And1: 1,295

Post#903 » by dcstanley » Wed May 8, 2024 1:23 am

Mos_Heat wrote:God damn you Rob Pelinka for picking Russell over NAW and Conley. How bad is this guy, jeez

I know it's not a fair comp and KAT is one of the best jump shooting big men of all time, but AD loosing any semblance of a 3pt shot really limited their offense

The man backed out of a trade for Myles Turner at the 23rd hour

A year of being linked to Kyrie and Turner, with a deal for either being reported as near completion, and the Lakers end up trading for D'angelo Russell and Malik Beasley :noway:
RRR3
Veteran
And1: 3,477

Post#904 » by RRR3 » Wed May 8, 2024 4:29 am

dcstanley wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:God damn you Rob Pelinka for picking Russell over NAW and Conley. How bad is this guy, jeez

I know it's not a fair comp and KAT is one of the best jump shooting big men of all time, but AD loosing any semblance of a 3pt shot really limited their offense

The man backed out of a trade for Myles Turner at the 23rd hour

A year of being linked to Kyrie and Turner, with a deal for either being reported as near completion, and the Lakers end up trading for D'angelo Russell and Malik Beasley :noway:

Worst GM in recent memory hands down. No contest either.
Ainosterhaspie
Starter
And1: 2,242

Post#905 » by Ainosterhaspie » Wed May 8, 2024 4:36 pm

Anyone have any guesses on whether LeBron gets an all-NBA this year, and if so, what he gets?
Only 10 Players in NBA history have 20,237 points, 5,504 assists and 5,592 rebounds. LeBron has double those numbers.
AEnigma
Veteran
And1: 4,432

Post#906 » by AEnigma » Wed May 8, 2024 5:01 pm

Ainosterhaspie wrote:Anyone have any guesses on whether LeBron gets an all-NBA this year, and if so, what he gets?

I think third-team is mostly confirmed, no?

Unless you mean next season. Depends on health but at this point seems like he is capped at third-team if he does play the requisite number of games.
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,194

Post#907 » by donnieme » Wed May 8, 2024 5:28 pm

GSP wrote:This series tells me La had a real shot at the 0-3 like i was feeling real time. They just eek out game 5 and i think they do it man. Murrays calf is clearly bothering him. He took a dump on La last year looked like Steph Curry but he had like 3 great quarters this series and was a disaster brickhouse most the series this time around

Wolves wouldve killed La tho but that 0-3 really wouldve cemented things further for Bron man.............

Wolves are now my fav remaining team after game 2 but I still don't believe the Wolves kill LA. it's not instant math. Denver just has the oppostite of every weakness the Lakers have. Perimeter defending weakness, elite floor manager and playmaker that can outdo old man Lebron, size, athleticism and slow to repsond in-game coaching. Worst of al,l guards who don't have the footspeed or athleticism to really make Jokic work in the PnR.

Heading into the playoffs I always believed the other Western teams matched up well and had a shot at beating them. I had the Mavs in my mind but it's equally as valid that it ended up bwing the twolves.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,194

Post#908 » by Colbinii » Wed May 8, 2024 5:29 pm

Ainosterhaspie wrote:Anyone have any guesses on whether LeBron gets an all-NBA this year, and if so, what he gets?

Yeah he likely gets 3rd team. Maybe he can make a run at 2nd team next year but my guess, with the Olympics, he plays less games next year.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,537

Post#909 » by PistolPeteJR » Wed May 8, 2024 5:56 pm

Haven't seen you in a long time!
PistolPeteJR
RealGM

Post#910 » by PistolPeteJR » Wed May 8, 2024 5:58 pm

I'm firmly on the Wolves' bandwagon. That defense is an absolute joy to watch. Reminiscent of the Grit n' Grind Grizz, which were some of my fav teams to watch.

Man, I miss mid 00s to mid 10s basketball. Crazy to think how much the game has changed in the last ten years.
Ainosterhaspie
Starter

Post#911 » by Ainosterhaspie » Wed May 8, 2024 6:16 pm

PistolPeteJR wrote:

Yeah, Covid disruption just tanked my interest for a long time. Occasional lurking since then, but haven't followed the league much since then.

I have paid so little attention that I genuinely have no idea if he's likely to get all-NBA this year.
Only 10 Players in NBA history have 20,237 points, 5,504 assists and 5,592 rebounds. LeBron has double those numbers.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM

Post#912 » by PistolPeteJR » Wed May 8, 2024 6:53 pm

Ainosterhaspie wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:

Yeah, Covid disruption just tanked my interest for a long time. Occasional lurking since then, but haven't followed the league much since then.

I have paid so little attention that I genuinely have no idea if he's likely to get all-NBA this year.

I can't see 6 eligible wings in front of him.

Luka
Tatum
Giannis
Kawhi
Durant

These are the 5 that'll probably make it in addition to him, and I'm not sure you take Durant or Kawhi ahead of him. So at worst, 3rd Team. Small chance for 2nd Team, I think, but I'm not sure that's likely.
Ian Scuffling
Junior
And1: 391

Post#913 » by Ian Scuffling » Wed May 8, 2024 8:01 pm

I saw a youtube video of Kendrick Perkins saying that Lebron should just retire as he's hurting his legacy by still playing. He may have given an actual rationale, but I didn't catch it as I only saw a small portion of the video. However, I disagree very much. Again, to the simpletons that only cry out "RAAANNGZZ!1!!!!11", that may be true, but we shouldn't oblige them or entertain their reason free opinons. I'm curious, though, if there are any other good reasons that playing this long, at still a very high level, should diminish his legacy at all? Again, I don't see it. At this age he is STILL a top 15 player in the NBA, which is unprecedented and illogical.
Ainosterhaspie
Starter

Post#914 » by Ainosterhaspie » Wed May 8, 2024 8:54 pm

Someone should ask Perk how many teams in the NBA right now, LeBron would be their best player if he joined them.
TroubleS0me
General Manager
And1: 5,396

Post#916 » by TroubleS0me » Thu May 9, 2024 1:43 am

Read on Twitter
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,470

Post#917 » by Slava » Thu May 9, 2024 8:13 am

nzahir wrote:
Slava wrote:This series also shows how badly Vanderbilt was missed. He’s the closest thing to an athletic wing that can swarm and harass guards on the lakers. We desperately need to get more athletic at 2-4.

We literally have Christie and should have given him time to develop and get in reps

I like Vando, the issue is he is a bad shooter and has horrific hands. Hopefully he continues to get better offensively. Actually did have some good offensive moments for a few weeks before getting hurt again

Christie’s a good one and hope he grows into that role but those kind of difference making wings aren’t available at MLE price range. You got to trade picks to get them.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,758

Post#918 » by tsherkin » Thu May 9, 2024 10:55 am

Ian Scuffling wrote:I saw a youtube video of Kendrick Perkins saying that Lebron should just retire as he's hurting his legacy by still playing. He may have given an actual rationale, but I didn't catch it as I only saw a small portion of the video. However, I disagree very much. Again, to the simpletons that only cry out "RAAANNGZZ!1!!!!11", that may be true, but we shouldn't oblige them or entertain their reason free opinons. I'm curious, though, if there are any other good reasons that playing this long, at still a very high level, should diminish his legacy at all? Again, I don't see it. At this age he is STILL a top 15 player in the NBA, which is unprecedented and illogical.

Perkins is like drunk SAS with a TBI. He isnt worth listening to even to laugh at the dumb, ignorant BS which comes out of his mouth. At least SAS is a professional, intentional troll who has an energetic and amusing delivery.

Perkins is just a headache with legs and a beard.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,768

Post#919 » by nzahir » Thu May 9, 2024 4:01 pm

Slava wrote:
nzahir wrote:

Christie’s a good one and hope he grows into that role but those kind of difference making wings aren’t available at MLE price range. You got to trade picks to get them.

Who are some mle targets though that make sense for us (not just wings)?

FA seems horrific
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,194

Post#920 » by donnieme » Thu May 9, 2024 5:52 pm

PistolPeteJR wrote:I'm firmly on the Wolves' bandwagon. That defense is an absolute joy to watch. Reminiscent of the Grit n' Grind Grizz, which were some of my fav teams to watch.

Man, I miss mid 00s to mid 10s basketball. Crazy to think how much the game has changed in the last ten years.

4 to 5 shot blockers in a lineup but the most brutal thing is they don't just contest every shot, they contest E.V.E.R.Y pass for the full shot clock. You can't even catch a 3ft pass in peace.

Return to Player Comparisons