The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-Season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS & BAITING)

Moderators: Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal

jalengreen
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,112

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoff Thread -(NO BAITING) 

Post#561 » by jalengreen » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:32 am

Not having a timeout & AD injury a shame. Oh well, thank god they didnt get swept lol.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,170

Post#562 » by Colbinii » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:32 am

Lakers losing Game 2 cost them the series here.

It's funny because LeBron teams always figure out how to win these series but he just doesn't have that extra gear anymore.

Props to Jokic/Murray though, Jokic knows how to make an imprint on a game.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,784

Post#563 » by VanWest82 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:33 am

Colbinii wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:27 to 9 FTA advantage, including some suspect calls down the stretch. Refs tried.

15 Fouls for Denver and 12 Fouls for Lakers

Not a huge discrepancy.

What calls were suspect? I thought Jokic was just as physical to AD as AD was to Jokic--seems like some great 1990s physicality :wink:

Even though the contact was exaggerated, I thought Bron fouled Jokic with under a min to go. AD arguably also fouled Jokic on the drive that was overturned because of the stuff. There were other calls throughout the game that seemed a little one-sided. Jokic shot zero free throws fwiw.

Edit: I will say that the series as a whole was better officiated than I would've thought coming in.
GSP
RealGM
And1: 15,278

Post#564 » by GSP » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:33 am

One thing is for sure prime Bron is def levels ahead of Jokic. Fact that Las gameplan was to attack Jokic in the paint and pick and roll as successfully as they did was obvious.

This couldve easily been 4-1 La like the 20 series if it was prime Bron. 3-2 La at worst.
ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Post#565 » by ardee » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:33 am

Colbinii wrote:Lakers losing Game 2 cost them the series here.

It's funny because LeBron teams always figure out how to win these series but he just doesn't have that extra gear anymore.

Like I said to GSP, he still looked like a top 5 player in the Playoffs. He can absolutely still lead a better organization to another title.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#566 » by Colbinii » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:35 am

ardee wrote:

Like I said to GSP, he still looked like a top 5 player in the Playoffs. He can absolutely still lead a better organization to another title.

Yeah, I mean outside of Jokic, who are you taking in a 7-game series over LeBron right now?

The real shame in all this was 2021. The 2021 Lakers cruise to the Finals if he doesn't get hurt by someone diving near his legs.

Then the Lakers [even with a deep run in 2021 without a title] don't trade for Westbrook.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
GSP
RealGM

Post#567 » by GSP » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:37 am

jalengreen wrote:Not having a timeout & AD injury a shame. Oh well, thank god they didnt get swept lol.

They won the challenge but couldnt score on the possession..........that was rough w/ no timeouts left i think it was tied then
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,770

Post#568 » by homecourtloss » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:37 am

RCM88x wrote:
GSP wrote:What a painful series bro..........might be the most painful Ive experienced as a Bron fan honestly

they **** outplayed them 70% of the series...........if they pulled it out they win game 6. Goat James game 7 record speaks for itself

**** man.........i really believed the 0-3 was possible specially after Murray injury news

Murray basically had his best game in the series tonight.

Basically the 8th time in 9 playoffs games you get an identical game, pretty amazing. Lakers role players are just too ass for this to be a contender. Pretty impressive effort though all things considered, Denver atleast looked mortal in this series where last year it didn't really appear that way.

Never seen this before. Nuggets only led for like 55 minutes the entire series.
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
CKRT
Analyst
And1: 416

Post#569 » by CKRT » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:38 am

ardee wrote:

That’s the craziest takeaway for me. This team is likely a title winner this year if they made any kind of move to upgrade just a bit. I am really not sure who I would take over him right now besides Jokic.
lilojmayo wrote:Juice is not a chucker, like say James Harden
Todeasy
Ballboy
And1: 32

Post#570 » by Todeasy » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:38 am

Colbinii wrote:
ardee wrote:

Yeah, I mean outside of Jokic, who are you taking in a 7-game series over LeBron right now?

The real shame in all this was 2021. The 2021 Lakers cruise to the Finals if he doesn't get hurt by someone diving near his legs.

Then the Lakers [even with a deep run in 2021 without a title] don't trade for Westbrook.

Maybeeee AD?
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#571 » by Colbinii » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:38 am

VanWest82 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:27 to 9 FTA advantage, including some suspect calls down the stretch. Refs tried.

15 Fouls for Denver and 12 Fouls for Lakers

Not a huge discrepancy.

What calls were suspect? I thought Jokic was just as physical to AD as AD was to Jokic--seems like some great 1990s physicality :wink:

Even though the contact was exaggerated, I thought Bron fouled Jokic with under a min to go. AD arguably also fouled Jokic on the drive that was overturned because of the stuff. There were other calls throughout the game that seemed a little one-sided. Jokic shot zero free throws fwiw.

Edit: I will say that the series as a whole was better officiated than I would've thought coming in.

Yeah, Lakers really need the 1998 Refs though to get through this one.

Game 4
Chicago 4Q FTA: 24
Utah 4Q FTA: 3

Chicago wins by 4 points :lol:

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,509

Post#572 » by PistolPeteJR » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:39 am

VanLeast, long time.
jalengreen
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,112

Post#573 » by jalengreen » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:39 am

GSP wrote:
jalengreen wrote:Not having a timeout & AD injury a shame. Oh well, thank god they didnt get swept lol.

They won the challenge but couldnt score on the possession..........that was rough w/ no timeouts left i think it was tied then

Yeah, Reaves missed corner 3 IIRC and then Jokic scored on the other end.

I didn't know that a successful 2nd challenge means you lose the timeout regardless.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#574 » by Colbinii » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:40 am

Todeasy wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
ardee wrote:

Maybeeee AD?

Yeah AD is a good thought. Depending how Tatum/SGA/ANT do are also in consideration at the moment, same with Luka.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,509

Post#575 » by PistolPeteJR » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:41 am

Rui killed me man. Horrid, horrid IQ.
GSP
RealGM

Post#576 » by GSP » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:41 am

RCM88x wrote:
GSP wrote:What a painful series bro..........might be the most painful Ive experienced as a Bron fan honestly

they **** outplayed them 70% of the series...........if they pulled it out they win game 6. Goat James game 7 record speaks for itself

**** man.........i really believed the 0-3 was possible specially after Murray injury news

Basically the 8th time in 9 playoffs games you get an identical game, pretty amazing. Lakers role players are just too ass for this to be a contender. Pretty impressive effort though all things considered, Denver atleast looked mortal in this series where last year it didn't really appear that way.

Denver had reliable role players and depth last year in Bruce Brown and Jeff Green. They didnt hesitate to mix in lineups that wasnt just their great starting 5. Theyve played those 5 together alot more b/c players like Reggie, Watson, Holiday, Braun were sinking them this series. Thats why i thought La had a shot.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,470

Post#577 » by Slava » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:42 am

Need a new coach if they run it back with Lebron and Davis.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,323

Post#578 » by zimpy27 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:43 am

GSP wrote:
RCM88x wrote:

Denver had reliable role players and depth last year in Bruce Brown and Jeff Green. They didnt hesitate to mix in lineups that wasnt just their great starting 5. Theyve played those 5 together alot more b/c players like Reggie, Watson, Holiday, Braun were sinking them this series. Thats why i thought La had a shot.

LA were ahead like 80% of the series.. They just couldn't time their runs well enough and that's it.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
IG2
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,935

Post#579 » by IG2 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:43 am

They kept spamming the Jokic/Murray pick n roll the latter half of the 4th and there's just no answer to it. Most unguaradable play in the game. Easy to see why they're so ridiculously good in the clutch.

The AD injury in the 3rd changed the game. Definitely going back to LA for Game 6 otherwise. Oh well, I don't think any team plays Denver as tough from here on out. They'll win another championship.
rk2023
Starter
And1: 2,101

Post#580 » by rk2023 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:44 am

Riding with James and Davis till the wheels fall off.. Same outcome, same team - but idk what moves they can make to beat Denver. Still a T3 playoff team in the West, but it’s moot if you can’t beat Denver.

Hoping they stay and retire here, but who knows at this point and who trusts their ownership & brain trust at this point. We’ll see. Genuinely thankful I got to witness the last 5 years of Bron and AD hoops for us if that was the end.
Bad Gatorade wrote:I use a lot of parentheses when I post (it's a bad habit)

Return to Player Comparisons