The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-Season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS & BAITING)

Moderators: Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal

K9J
Ballboy
And1: 31

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoff Thread -(NO BAITING) 

Post#601 » by K9J » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:05 am

lakers give up the series. first three games with useless shoots, too less agressive to the paint
and game 5 10-35 on threes, each play they drive it was about 2 points, foul or open wide 3pt but if you did it only sometimes against a team with memoy game plan, better shooters, and resilient scorer offense you are cook.

its sad that lebron waste this and last playoff when if lakers play efficienly could beat denver, but 4-0 and 4-1 is a ****

first game with a shame second half with TO, lebron passive, with davis shooting 4 threes, one vs deandre when a drive its 2 points easy, then they go to the paint made about 15 points in a row easily and come back 2-3 times to 6 points and DLO shoot a contested three, denver hit one and next possession was a TO and put denver 11-12 up again.
Second game with same second half shame with circus contested shoots, Tournovers, davis being passive after miss two plays vs gordon and bad 3pt by lebron with 8 seconds left and kcp sitdown
Same for game 3, but since the game started they play useless with no drives not only mostly of second half
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,181

Post#602 » by Colbinii » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:05 am

homecourtloss wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:We disagree that Lebron-led teams rarely foul. But season's over so it doesn't matter now.

Season isn't over. My team is in the next round there bud.

The season is over when your only rooting interest is seeing LeBron lose.

Ah makes sense. He should still have his daughter's basketball games to go to though :roll:
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,784

Post#603 » by VanWest82 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:07 am

EmpireFalls wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:As a hater, I have to give props to Lebron for his performance this series. He continues to win me over with his play on the court. I'm going to try to avoid his press conference in an attempt to like him.

This made me laugh.

I honestly think it’ll get lost how well he played. 27.8-6.8-8.8, 2.4 SPG 1.0 BPG on 63.7% TS. Actually finished top 5 in BPM for the entire first round playoff series too.

Now it wasn’t all pretty, he had trouble containing Gordon and Jokic on the offensive glass and turned in a pretty rough 4th in games 1 and 3, though mostly just fatigue based. But he made a ton of clutch plays, tons of big buckets in Games 2, 4, and 5 down the stretch. Oh yeah, he lead the entire series in minutes too (!)

Really couldn’t have asked for more considering he is 39 and has played thousands more minutes than anyone in the sport’s history. It was all for naught but this was about as well as you could realistically ask anyone to play at his age.

He was honestly incredible. I thought AD played one of the best series of his career, and Lebron was somehow just a smidge better...at 39. Like, holy crap. It does say something that even haters like me can stop and take time to appreciate. Even ten years ago I would've never imagined Bron hitting so many dagger threes, and some of the passes he threw...jeez.
VanWest82
RealGM

Post#604 » by VanWest82 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:10 am

Colbinii wrote:
homecourtloss wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
Season isn't over. My team is in the next round there bud.

Ah makes sense. He should still have his daughter's basketball games to go to though :roll:

I think you guys have more invested in hating me than whatever issues I have with Bron. Hope your lives have meaning.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#605 » by Colbinii » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:14 am

VanWest82 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
homecourtloss wrote:

I think you guys have more invested in hating me than whatever issues I have with Bron. Hope your lives have meaning.

What did I say that's invested in hating you?

My life has a ton of meaning, but engaging in small jabs to someone on a forum doesn't reflect on how much meaning a life has :lol: :lol: :lol:

But maybe I need to start despising an athlete to get more meaning in my life like you do. Find something to complain about constantly on a message board. Find every thread about a player I choose to dislike and post in all of those threads. Now THAT is having meaning--am i right? :banghead:

As for meaning, traveling is fun for me--going to Italy for 2 weeks in about 8 days which is going to make attending any future playoff games a difficult one. I guess it means I won't be able to attend any of the Denver games but I should be able to attend the WCF games and NBA Finals games.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,620

Post#606 » by EmpireFalls » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:14 am

VanWest82 wrote:
EmpireFalls wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:As a hater, I have to give props to Lebron for his performance this series. He continues to win me over with his play on the court. I'm going to try to avoid his press conference in an attempt to like him.

This made me laugh.

I honestly think it’ll get lost how well he played. 27.8-6.8-8.8, 2.4 SPG 1.0 BPG on 63.7% TS. Actually finished top 5 in BPM for the entire first round playoff series too.

Now it wasn’t all pretty, he had trouble containing Gordon and Jokic on the offensive glass and turned in a pretty rough 4th in games 1 and 3, though mostly just fatigue based. But he made a ton of clutch plays, tons of big buckets in Games 2, 4, and 5 down the stretch. Oh yeah, he lead the entire series in minutes too (!)

Really couldn’t have asked for more considering he is 39 and has played thousands more minutes than anyone in the sport’s history. It was all for naught but this was about as well as you could realistically ask anyone to play at his age.

He was honestly incredible. I thought AD played one of the best series of his career, and Lebron was somehow just a smidge better...at 39. Like, holy crap. It does say something that even haters like me can stop and take time to appreciate. Even ten years ago I would've never imagined Bron hitting so many dagger threes, and some of the passes he threw...jeez.

To be honest just makes me appreciate what Jokic is doing even more. The 2024 Lakers weren’t great by SRS but I’ll be damned if they weren’t one of the toughest opponents to go out in the first round ever. To go 8-1 against them over 2 seasons is a huge feather in his cap.
AEnigma
Veteran
And1: 4,432

Post#607 » by AEnigma » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:18 am

EmpireFalls wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:
EmpireFalls wrote:This made me laugh.

To be honest just makes me appreciate what Jokic is doing even more. The 2024 Lakers weren’t great by SRS but I’ll be damned if they weren’t one of the toughest opponents to go out in the first round ever. To go 8-1 against them over 2 seasons is a huge feather in his cap.

This series has me even more impressed by the Nuggets and less impressed by Jokic, but maybe that will change against the Wolves.
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,770

Post#608 » by homecourtloss » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:18 am

I think the nuggets had 4 contested offensive rebounds turn into threes. Lakers missed 9 FTs. DLo missed some wide open threes. Literally we’re literally a few plays away from leading the series 3 games to two or with some luck maybe even having the series 4 games to one. Crazy
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
VanWest82
RealGM

Post#609 » by VanWest82 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:19 am

Colbinii wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

My life has a ton of meaning, but engaging in small jabs to someone on a forum doesn't reflect on how much meaning a life has :lol: :lol: :lol:

But maybe I need to start despising an athlete to get more meaning in my life like you do. Find something to complain about constantly on a message board. Find every thread about a player I choose to dislike and post in all of those threads. Now THAT is having meaning--am i right? :banghead:

As for meaning, traveling is fun for me--going to Italy for 2 weeks in about 8 days which is going to make attending any future playoff games a difficult one. I guess it means I will won't be able to attend any of the Denver games but I should be able to attend the WCF games and NBA Finals games.

That's cool. I'm happy for you, but maybe leave discussion of my daughter out of it. Not exactly sure what she did to warrant being part of your "small jabs." As for HCL, he's likely too busy AND1ing everyone who replies to me for that kind of thing.
The High Cyde
Head Coach
And1: 12,621

Post#610 » by The High Cyde » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:19 am

VanWest82 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
homecourtloss wrote:

Bro we’re not the ones here wasting our time talking about a player we hate…like wtf are you doing? Go troll on the GB
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,360

Post#611 » by zimpy27 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:22 am

I'll never get over the fact that Pelinka had a championship team but still wanted to break it up and make trades while giving over multiple FRPs for nothing..
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
VanWest82
RealGM

Post#612 » by VanWest82 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:24 am

EmpireFalls wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:
EmpireFalls wrote:This made me laugh.

I actually just think it was a bad match up, and that'll be proven out in the later rounds when other teams give Nuggets more trouble. But I agree this Lakers team was much better than their record or SRS. They would've beaten a bunch of these other teams, maybe most of them. Agree it's a testament to Jokic's greatness (and to a lesser degree Murray) that his teams have had so much success vs. this Lakers team and its ATGs.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#613 » by Colbinii » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:25 am

VanWest82 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:I think you guys have more invested in hating me than whatever issues I have with Bron. Hope your lives have meaning.

As for meaning, traveling is fun for me--going to Italy for 2 weeks in about 8 days which is going to make attending any future playoff games a difficult one. I guess it means I will won't be able to attend any of the Denver games but I should be able to attend the WCF games and NBA Finals games.

That's cool. I'm happy for you, but maybe leave discussion of my daughter out of it. Not exactly sure what she did to warrant being part of your "small jabs." As for HCL, he's likely too busy AND1ing everyone who replies to me for that kind of thing.

What? I never took a jab at your family dude.
Look at the text chain because clearly you aren't remembering this.

Colbinii wrote:Snip about Free Throws

VanWest82 wrote:We disagree that Lebron-led teams rarely foul. But season's over so it doesn't matter now.

I talk about free throws, YOU say season is over. I then chime in and say it isn't over for me.

Colbinii wrote:Season isn't over. My team is in the next round there bud.

I then said your season isn't over because your daughter's basketball games. I never took a jab at your daughter or said anything mean or negative about your daughter.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,360

Post#614 » by zimpy27 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:25 am

The High Cyde wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

Bro we’re not the ones here wasting our time talking about a player we hate…like wtf are you doing? Go troll on the GB

No thanks, keep the GB clean and pristine. :wink:

I think it's fine for VanWest to be here. He doesn't like LeBron but thats ok, if you disagree then just disagree.

I don't actually know the story as to why they don't like LeBron though.

VanWest, can you tell the story of how you began to dislike LeBron?
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#615 » by Colbinii » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:27 am

I too am curious how people can spend to much time arguing about how much they dislike someone. Maybe that's just the optimist and positivity in me who despises people who spend their time chopping down the forest rather than planting seeds.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,560

Post#616 » by TheGOATRises007 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:30 am

Colbinii wrote:I too am curious how people can spend to much time arguing about how much they dislike someone. Maybe that's just the optimist and positivity in me who despises people who spend their time chopping down the forest rather than planting seeds.

I don't root for LeBron, but I actually enjoy the discussion in here.
The High Cyde
Head Coach

Post#617 » by The High Cyde » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:31 am

Colbinii wrote:I too am curious how people can spend to much time arguing about how much they dislike someone. Maybe that's just the optimist and positivity in me who despises people who spend their time chopping down the forest rather than planting seeds.

I’ve always said his haters are his biggest fans cause they’re obsessed with him, can’t help talking about him ad nauseum. It’s weird af, I don’t nearly see this much with other top players.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,768

Post#618 » by nzahir » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:31 am

Can some of you guys shut up jesus. Mods, remove people who are trolling here

So whats the moves this summer?

Done with Dlo

The guy shot 31% from 3 and was horrible on defense. Need a guard who is more explosive and can finish (on top of shooting).

Definitely move Vincent if you can in a bigger deal for salary. Probably selling low and he will bounce back a bit, but not worth paying him 10m to be a backup

Rui can go if there is a decent deal. Just don't feel like he was conifdnet shooting when there was pressure and blew so many layups. He is so gifted phsycially, but rarely uses it and we need a better rebounding forward next to Bron, unless we are getting a C and AD goes to the 4 in certain matchups

We have 3 1sts, 3 swaps, JHS, Christie, Reaves, Rui, salary filler in TP (if he opts in), Dlo (if he opts in), Vincent (negative), and Vando (more neutral, solid player, but has injury isssues and a 1 sided guy)

We should be able to make some moves or a big move

If we cant, Bron should walk
VanWest82
RealGM

Post#619 » by VanWest82 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:32 am

Colbinii wrote:I then said your season isn't over because your daughter's basketball games.

This was brought up completely out of the blue. Why are you talking about my daughter at all? I certainly haven't been. This is a thread where posters HATE me, and have said so explicitly. Don't talk about my family here in any context. Use your judgement please. Edit: I'm out, this obviously isn't a safe space. Like, wtf.
The High Cyde
Head Coach

Post#620 » by The High Cyde » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:39 am

Hope Durant forces his way to LA, but idk if that would be enough, you’d lose a bit in a trade and MPJ for example could probably match any production of his. Should still try. I’ve always wanted to see Bron and Durant to play together, so much potential there, but yeah it’d be slim pickings after the trio.

We’ll have to see who becomes available after the playoffs are over, some stars or decent role players might want out and in for the Lakers. It’s LA so it’s easier than most teams.

Return to Player Comparisons