The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-Season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS & BAITING)

Moderators: Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal

nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,768

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-Season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS & BAITING) 

Post#741 » by nzahir » Thu May 2, 2024 3:44 am

Cavsfansince84 wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
LeBron isn't leaving unless it's one last, final hurrah with Cleveland to close out his career (and that would only happen if he's convinced they're competitive and the Lakers aren't).

I'm actually thinking its at least 50/50 he leaves now. I didn't before the playoffs but I think he's really tired of how terrible the Laker f/o has been since 2020. They really just threw away a pretty good roster after that year and you can't count on AD to be healthy at all. We've already heard he plans to become a fa and the Knicks have a decent roster and could really use another playmaker without him having to do heavy lifting. I have a feeling he's open to going to about 4-5 teams if they want him.

What recent rumors made you think Bron would leave?

I thought the best chance for him to leave was to play with his son, but the news from Woj is that they want to do the best for Bronny and not force anything

Bron and Jeanie have a strong relationship apparently rn (Bron didnt want to get shipped to GS)

Wants 3 year max and LA is one of only places that could do it and would do it

His family is here and easier to do other businesses here (media, movies, etc)

Sadly looks like Bron is staying put. I would be less sad if we can get go a star or multiple solid guys

Would like Cle (and then ship out Garland and Mobley for better fits) or NY. OKC is unrealistic, but would win a couple rings
nzahir
RealGM

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-Season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS & BAITING) 

Post#742 » by nzahir » Thu May 2, 2024 3:45 am

You guys prefer Trae Young or Donovan Mitchell and why?
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,391

Post#743 » by Cavsfansince84 » Thu May 2, 2024 3:52 am

nzahir wrote:What recent rumors made you think Bron would leave?

I thought the best chance for him to leave was to play with his son, but the news from Woj is that they want to do the best for Bronny and not force anything

Bron and Jeanie have a strong relationship apparently rn (Bron didnt want to get shipped to GS)

Wants 3 year max and LA is one of only places that could do it and would do it

His family is here and easier to do other businesses here (media, movies, etc)

Sadly looks like Bron is staying put. I would be less sad if we can get go a star or multiple solid guys

Would like Cle (and then ship out Garland and Mobley for better fits) or NY. OKC is unrealistic, but would win a couple rings

It's just a combination of a few things. Its possible he's already sort of agreed to a 3 year deal with them but I just wouldn't be surprised if he left the way I would be before. He can like Jeannie and still want out.
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,920

Post#744 » by Heej » Thu May 2, 2024 4:04 am

nzahir wrote:You guys prefer Trae Young or Donovan Mitchell and why?

Both are playoff droppers I fear
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,170

Post#745 » by Colbinii » Thu May 2, 2024 4:09 am

Heej wrote:

Mitchell isn't.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,920

Post#746 » by Heej » Thu May 2, 2024 4:23 am

Colbinii wrote:
Heej wrote:

Mitchell isn't.

He kinda s*** the bed vs my Knicks last year. And I'm not too high on how he's playing this series.
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
OhayoKD
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,935

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS) 

Post#747 » by OhayoKD » Thu May 2, 2024 4:31 am

K9J wrote:
DorianRo wrote:
magicman1978 wrote:Anyone that doesn't think that LeBron is, at minimum, in the GOAT argument should just be ignored at this point. If someone is willing to overlook the mountain of evidence and toss out all logic to argue he isn't - there's absolutely no use in having a discussion/argument with them. Their mind was made up long ago and nothing will change it.

At 39 years old, 21 years end - he's still performed like a top 5 player. Every single game against the Nuggets, likely the best team in the league, was competitive despite the Lakers being a poorly coached and poorly assembled team. Just imagine the Lakers with prime LeBron. The Nuggets would be lucky to take more than 1 game off them. It's sad that some people can't just appreciate what they're seeing.

PEDs does wonders. That’s why. I’ll give him his props for longevity. Even with whatever he’s doing is still impressive. However…. Far too many post season blunders to be anywhere near a GOAT argument. The league has catered to the dude for the 2 decades. He’s been a lame eastern conference with terrible teams the first 15 years or whatever, been on multiple super teams or at least played with other top superstar 95 percent his career and only has 4 titles to show for himself.

Nowhere near GOAT material. Give MJ all that and he has 12-13 titles. At this point I can’t put Lebron even over Kobe. He’s top 8-10 all time. But again…. Too many post season blunders

if eastern conference of lebron was terrible imagine how was in jordan 6 rings, the only 6 times that jordan won the eastern conference. when bulls swap jordan with kukoc and lost 4-3 vs the second best team in eastern conference in 90s and almost won the East without jordan.
Compare it with miami heat after 4 finals, swap lebron with 2x all star luol deng and didnt reach playoff in the terrible eastern conference hahahahaha logic not found( and dont try to say about bosh injury because before it the project record was worst..spoelstra + 3 all star players + dragic whiteside and granger dont reach playoff in the worst eastern conference.. same as bulls without the goat :lol: )

Then compare the weakest next generation ever in the nba when jordan won 6 rings with only 2 players top 50 nba history come to the league the next 8 years after jordan with <30 years old (shaq and payton) imagine how the weakest ever nba era was than stockton and malone won the west only two times with 33 and 34 years old...because no one historic elite player come to the league and play in his prime those years (shaq with a poor team)

and compare it with lebron + 30 years who should face to get a ring top 50 players of nba history from different generations in their prime youngers than him.. curry, durant, kawhi, harden, embiid, jokic, anteto, doncic, and all with better support cast than 3 best player hornacek,dale davis, mashburn, schrempf or dennis scott----- westbrook, paul george, murray, lillard, irving,middleton, butler, klay, green, booker, beal,etc etc

Too much yapping. Not enough facting

Lebronnygoat wrote:I don’t know why people keep saying LeBron is worse offensively than players he's obviously superior to

LeBron 2009-2021
656-263 with lebron 0.714% win rate
37-73 without lebron 0.336% win rate
Net rating with lebron +6.49 (59 win pace level)
Net rating without lebron -5.50 (25 win pace level)
+8.6 ortg difference

+12 total swing

Jokic 2022-2024
136-68 (66.7% win rate) with jokic
8-15 (34.8% win rate) without jokic
+4.1 net rating with jokic (53 win pace)
-4.6 net rating without jokic (28 win pace)
+6.5 ortg change
+8.7 overall change

Magic 1984-1991
454-149 75.3% win rate with
29-24 54.7% win rate
+7.4 net rating with (61 win pace level)
+0.2 net rating without (42 win pace level)
+4.9 ortg difference
+7.2 overall difference

Jordan 1988-1998
Bulls with MJ 490-176 (73.6% win rate)
Bulls without MJ 90-64 (58.4% win rate)
Net rating with MJ +7.7 (62 win pace level)
Net rating without MJ +3.6 (52 win pace level)
+5.1 ortg difference
+4 total swing

The most impactful offensive player ever by the facts

Jordan was never a Lebron level player, or particularly close.
its my last message in this thread, but I just admit, that all the people, casual and analytical minds, more or less have consencus who has the weight of a rubberized duck. And its not JaivLLLL
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,170

Post#748 » by Colbinii » Thu May 2, 2024 4:32 am

Heej wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
Heej wrote:Both are playoff droppers I fear

Mitchell isn't.

He kinda s*** the bed vs my Knicks last year. And I'm not too high on how he's playing this series.

He is in a really rough spot to succeed. Think of the team composition:

-Small Point Guard, meaning the back-court is weak defensively.
-Double big line-ups of Mobley/Allen kills spacing while neither Allen nor Mobley are good passers [Allen decent]

The Knicks dominated the glass against the Cavaliers last year, which was the major difference in the series. Mitchell wasn't great, but man was that spacing killing their offense.

The Orlando Magic are the 2nd best defense in the NBA. They have Jalen Suggs, one of the best defensive guards in the NBA with size, strength and quickness to guard any of the dynamic guards in the NBA.

Compare it to LA--LeBron more than exceeds Garland as a playmaker/scorer, which alleviates a lot of pressure for Mitchell.

Having LeBron allows LA to go big with only Mitchell in the back-court as undersized as the playmaking is covered.

LeBron/AD space the floor far better than Mobley/AD.

How do you guard a Mitchell/LeBron P&R with AD in the dunkers spot? You thought Jokic/Murray with Gordon were good, this is next level.

Mitchell goes from a #1 without a reliable #2 to a 1A/B with LeBron and AD as a #3 :o
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
AEnigma
Veteran
And1: 4,432

Post#749 » by AEnigma » Thu May 2, 2024 4:35 am

Colbinii wrote:
Heej wrote:

Mitchell isn't.

He has in over half his series now.

I would say both are inconsistent without necessarily being “droppers” in a concerning sense, and neither have ever played with an all-star scorer.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#750 » by nzahir » Thu May 2, 2024 4:43 am

Heej wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
Heej wrote:Both are playoff droppers I fear

Mitchell isn't.

Sadly both guys are just okay and have some flaws

Mitchell has had some bad shooting from 3 at times in the playoffs

Trae is a bad defender and just small. Also takes some poor shots and not sure if his 3 point shooting is consistent enough

Mitchell likely makes more sense as you put him at the 1, go with Christie or an mle for the SG and then Bron, Vando?, AD
JVL
Starter
And1: 2,490

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS) 

Post#751 » by JVL » Thu May 2, 2024 5:45 am

OhayoKD wrote:

Can we stop this? This isn’t the GB where posters are given unmitigated reign to run disinformation and hate campaigns against players.

It’s pathetic what RealGM has become. We have people on the GB calling Lebron a PED guzzling narcissistic whore and being +1d by moderators. And now we have people on the PC board pushing ridiculous statements like the one above.
jalengreen
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,112

Post#752 » by jalengreen » Thu May 2, 2024 6:53 am

JVL wrote:
OhayoKD wrote:

Can we stop this? This isn’t the GB where posters are given unmitigated reign to run disinformation and hate campaigns against players.

It’s pathetic what RealGM has become. We have people on the GB calling Lebron a PED guzzling narcissistic whore and being +1d by moderators. And now we have people on the PC board pushing ridiculous statements like the one above.

I feel like one of those is worse than the other
JVL
Starter
And1: 2,490

Post#753 » by JVL » Thu May 2, 2024 10:08 am

jalengreen wrote:
JVL wrote:
OhayoKD wrote:

They're both equally ridiculous, disingenuous and they both undermine rational discourse. Often intentionally so. There are so many bad faith actors on this site trying to derail and undermine good discussions that it barely rises above the dregs of NBA Reddit or NBA Twitter nowadays.

I've never seen it this bad. Back in the days we used to have ISH trolls trying to contaminate these boards, but those were dealt with efficiently. Now it seems like anything goes.
RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,981

Post#754 » by RCM88x » Thu May 2, 2024 12:08 pm

Anyone see the Spurs as a possible landing option should he leave LA (don't think this will happen anyway). I don't consume much speculation media but I feel like that is a dark horse option few might mention.

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
OhayoKD
Lead Assistant

Post#755 » by OhayoKD » Thu May 2, 2024 12:15 pm

---
its my last message in this thread, but I just admit, that all the people, casual and analytical minds, more or less have consencus who has the weight of a rubberized duck. And its not JaivLLLL
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 11,258

Post#756 » by KembaWalker » Thu May 2, 2024 12:17 pm

JVL wrote:
jalengreen wrote:
JVL wrote:

They're both equally ridiculous, disingenuous and they both undermine rational discourse. Often intentionally so. There are so many bad faith actors on this site trying to derail and undermine good discussions that it barely rises above the dregs of NBA Reddit or NBA Twitter nowadays.

I've never seen it this bad. Back in the days we used to have ISH trolls trying to contaminate these boards, but those were dealt with efficiently. Now it seems like anything goes.

There’s a very subjective, fluid definition of baiting on this board that only allows for conversation to go in a certain, intended direction. Like obviously that post is bait but you’ll never see it get moderated the same way. Very lame given what this board is supposed to be about
OhayoKD
Lead Assistant

Post#757 » by OhayoKD » Thu May 2, 2024 12:21 pm

JVL wrote:
OhayoKD wrote:

"Disinformation" is when people use actual winning to inform their takes as opposed to made-up formulas designed with Jordan as their acid test.

Specify what was disingenuous or **** off

jalengreen wrote:
JVL wrote:
OhayoKD wrote:

Would love to hear the explanation for why jordan is actually comparable despite yielding less team improvement by a big margin in a much weaker league
OhayoKD
Lead Assistant

Post#758 » by OhayoKD » Thu May 2, 2024 12:35 pm

KembaWalker wrote:
JVL wrote:
jalengreen wrote:

There’s a very subjective, fluid definition of baiting on this board that only allows for conversation to go in a certain, intended direction. Like obviously that post is bait but you’ll never see it get moderated the same way. Very lame given what this board is supposed to be about

Is this definition "when people present opinions I don't like with evidence I have no rebuttal for".
AEnigma
Veteran
And1: 4,432

Post#759 » by AEnigma » Thu May 2, 2024 12:42 pm

RCM88x wrote:Anyone see the Spurs as a possible landing option should he leave LA (don't think this will happen anyway). I don't consume much speculation media but I feel like that is a dark horse option few might mention.

They would need at least one other major piece — but I am skeptical Popovich alone is enough of a personal draw for him anymore.
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 11,258

Post#760 » by KembaWalker » Thu May 2, 2024 12:47 pm

OhayoKD wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:
JVL wrote:

Is this definition "when people present opinions I don't like with evidence I have no rebuttal for".

I’m not taking the bait

Return to Player Comparisons