The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-Season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS & BAITING)

Moderators: Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal

TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,563

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoff Thread -(NO BAITING) 

Post#301 » by TheGOATRises007 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

EmpireFalls wrote:I honestly think retirement is near, and I didn’t believe him for a second last year. That’s a broken man right there. He doesn't have any fire left after this.

Doubt he retires without a retirement tour.

That Westbrook trade is truly killing the Lakers from a contention POV. And not re-signing Caruso was stupid.
RRR3
Veteran
And1: 3,473

Post#302 » by RRR3 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:09 am

EmpireFalls wrote:I honestly think retirement is near, and I didn’t believe him for a second last year. That’s a broken man right there. He doesn't have any fire left after this.

He should just do a retirement tour in Cleveland. Lakers inept organization deserve to be his last team.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,768

Post#303 » by nzahir » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:10 am

TroubleS0me wrote:...wow thought they had it.
welp this will be the 3rd time LBJ has been swept in his career.

Jordan has the same amount ...swept 3x times.

You mean 4th time if it happens

Sprs in 07
GS in 18
Den in 23
letskissbro
Rookie
And1: 1,440

Post#304 » by letskissbro » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:10 am

GSP wrote:
letskissbro wrote:
GSP wrote:
Current Bron isnt a 1b i mean Ad is the 1a and Bron 1b and look at them........Bron has to be solid 2nd option at this point to win a ring. But theres only a couple players whod be clear number 1 option over him. Jokic, Embiid, Giannis, Luka, maybe Sga?

Lol solid second option putting up 26 points 10 assists while shooting efficiently and playing elite defense. Since the all star break he's been a borderline top 5 player. I get the box score isn't everything but it's becoming a meme on here the way people reduce a team's performance to just the star players. Role players matter. If Draymond can be the second best player on a championship team with no other all-stars LeBron definitely can.

You have to take contract into account too tho. Draymond makes what 20m per? Bron close to 50m.......Bron as 2nd option isnt giving ur team same flexibility as Draymond as 2nd option. And Steph Draymond is a historic pairing its not like we can just say Draymond alone the synergy b/w him and Steph is why Warriors were what they were

This mightve been the only Bron team that had a winning record w/o him at 6-5.........They were a 1 Srs team despite Bron and Ad both playing 71+ games............theres little to indicate Bron can be a 1b at 39yo making 48-50m per on a title team and lets be honest he isnt taking a paycut anywhere

That 6-5 record is fool's gold. This is not a good team.

Beyond the role players the other issue the Lakers have is that the fit between LeBron and AD just isn't as good as it used to be. LeBron's still an elite offensive player but he's no longer a one man wrecking crew who can take on the entire ball handling load like he used to. He's more of a big with guard skills than a big guard nowadays. The problem is that's what Davis requires him to be since he's not a good shot creator or an especially impactful offensive player himself. LA tried compensating by trading their two-way players for ball handling and shooting but they butchered their defense in the process and all they could afford were bargain bin guys who are good for the RS but can't get their shot off in the playoffs and turn into some of the most worthless starters in the league.

LeBron would be much better suited playing with an all-nba guard, an average starting level C, and good role players atp. I don't think that's unreasonable under the salary cap. The Knicks are pretty much perfect for him but it's more likely he retires than starts another career arc at 40. He could easily pull a Tom Brady if he wanted to but he's not gonna throw his wife and kids to the wayside.
Doctor MJ wrote:I like the analogy with Curry as Coca-Cola. And then I'd say Iverson was Lean.
OldSchoolNoBull
General Manager
And1: 3,785

Post#305 » by OldSchoolNoBull » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:14 am

GSP wrote:
CKRT wrote:Think the most frustrating thing here is that he still has enough in the tank to be a #2 guy that’s borderline 1B but just can’t get a team around him that isn’t dog water these last few years.

Current Bron isnt a 1b i mean Ad is the 1a and Bron 1b and look at them........Bron has to be solid 2nd option at this point to win a ring unless he takes a massive paycut somewhere lol not happening. But theres only a couple players whod be clear number 1 option over him. Jokic, Embiid, Giannis, Luka, maybe Sga?

I mean, if LeBron did want to leave the Lakers this summer to try to win elsewhere, Philly seems like an obvious choice, given they'll have all that cap space(and therefore won't have to give anything up to get him) and be able to field an Embiid/LeBron/Maxey big 3 from day one along with a highly regarded coach.

But he seems set on retiring in LA.
TroubleS0me
General Manager
And1: 5,392

Post#306 » by TroubleS0me » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:20 am

nzahir wrote:
TroubleS0me wrote:...wow thought they had it.
welp this will be the 3rd time LBJ has been swept in his career.

Jordan has the same amount ...swept 3x times.

You mean 4th time if it happens

Sprs in 07
GS in 18
Den in 23

damn even worst, forgot about '18 warriors.
TroubleS0me
General Manager
And1: 5,392

Post#307 » by TroubleS0me » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:23 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

23 pts to 0 pts ..wow
RRR3
Veteran

Post#308 » by RRR3 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:25 am

I was actually hoping for a 4-1 Nuggets series win because I want LeBron to leave. Hopefully they have a fluke shooting night in game 4 and then get blown out in Denver. Jeannie isn’t firing Ham.
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,945

Post#309 » by Heej » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:05 am

RRR3 wrote:I was actually hoping for a 4-1 Nuggets series win because I want LeBron to leave. Hopefully they have a fluke shooting night in game 4 and then get blown out in Denver. Jeannie isn’t firing Ham.

LeBron and AD as a package deal to another team would be interesting. Personally wouldn't mind them teaming up in Golden State. LeBron put the Curry debate to rest last season for good. Swap out Dray and Klay for Bron and AD, let AD get the FMVPs and they're good to go
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
AmIWrongDude
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,140

Post#310 » by AmIWrongDude » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:10 am

I know this is another beatdown but I still think even old Bron and AD could beat the nuggets if they just had a better built team and competent coaching.

As great as Jokic and Murray are, it’s absolutely crystal clear that Denver’s role players, size, scheme, and coaching is LEVELS above LA’s. It’s not even close.

I mean LA’s 3rd best player scored 0 points in a do or die game lol. A guy that should’ve been traded but wasn’t because he puts up 30 against the Hornets and Wizards in the regular season.

This team has very few winning players when it matters. Winning players aka KCP and Gordon that know their roles and have huge effects on the game without even scoring and when they do it’s gravy.

Having the worst coach in the league makes it impossible to win without an all star team. 0 adjustments and the players clearly don’t believe in him (AD LITERALLY SCREAMED IT FROM THE MOUNTAINTOP) yet this was known and the front office did nothing about it.

Everyone deserves blame including Bron and AD but it’s clear the rot starts at the top with Jeannie and Rob and there’s 0 accountability.

LeBron’s issue is just his motor at this point but that is heightened when he still has to be the main playmaker and 1A/1B scorer because he doesn’t get fed for easy looks as much as AD.

They need him to defend and rebound like younger Bron to have a chance and he simply can’t do that anymore but he wouldn’t have to if they had quality role players doing what championship team role players do: hit open 3’s, defend, and rebound.

I hope LeBron leaves LA and makes one more 2 or so year push to win again. It’s clear LA’s front office is in shambles.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,394

Post#311 » by zimpy27 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:14 am

I'm glad Gabe and Din were used more today. They getting nothing from Rui though
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,194

Post#312 » by donnieme » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:14 am

Ham is part why they can't beat the Nuggets in a close game. Blind luck should at least be worth a win in the hands of a newbie but Ham botches even that.

As for D'lo, his untradableness last summer guaranteed they were locked into the same types of roster rotation makeup that got them swept. He just sucks so bad as an x-factor to go with non-existent intangibles.
AmIWrongDude
Pro Prospect

Post#313 » by AmIWrongDude » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:16 am

Heej wrote:
RRR3 wrote:I was actually hoping for a 4-1 Nuggets series win because I want LeBron to leave. Hopefully they have a fluke shooting night in game 4 and then get blown out in Denver. Jeannie isn’t firing Ham.

LeBron and AD as a package deal to another team would be interesting. Personally wouldn't mind them teaming up in Golden State. LeBron put the Curry debate to rest last season for good. Swap out Dray and Klay for Bron and AD, let AD get the FMVPs and they're good to go

This would be a dream for me. I grew up in the Bay Area so it was always crazy rooting for the Cavs when all my friends were Warrior fans but it was so damn fun.

At that time, Bron and Curry clearly didn’t like each other but you can tell now they not only respect each other, but seem to be friends and Bron and Dray are super close so I could see it happening. Idk the logistics of it all and what would have to happen but I think the players would all be down to do it.

It would be a shame to not see Bron and Curry together at least once when the fit is so perfect.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,768

Post#314 » by nzahir » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:19 am

Heej wrote:

LeBron and AD as a package deal to another team would be interesting. Personally wouldn't mind them teaming up in Golden State. LeBron put the Curry debate to rest last season for good.

Pass, dont want any of the history to be changed in the future

Curry has basically won 1 ring when teams are healthy or without KD, why would Bron go their and aid him

Now if KD wanted to come here if the Suns fall apart....I am all for that

Reaves, Rui, Dlo (opt in or bring back as a trade piece)/Vincent/Vando and some picks and swaps (but not all of them)
AmIWrongDude
Pro Prospect

Post#315 » by AmIWrongDude » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:22 am

zimpy27 wrote:I'm glad Gabe and Din were used more today. They getting nothing from Rui though

Gabe’s defensive tenacity was sorely missed during the regular season. He could’ve made a huge difference or who knows maybe Ham would’ve DNP’d him for Reddish to scrub it up some more.

Murray is just too big and physical for him. I haven’t looked numbers wise but man Murray has to be one of the most underrated players ever. I’m scared everytime he has the ball and he can make any type of shot at any time.

Denver’s movement on offense and constant quality screens when they really turn it on in their second half offense is just tough to stop but it’s impressive.
RRR3
Veteran

Post#316 » by RRR3 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:33 am

I honestly don’t think Denver is that good. They just have a guy who’s probably top 10 ever in impact, good role players and competent coaching. They aren’t some unbeatable juggernaut. Ham just makes them look like one because he can’t counter adjustments. Or maybe he can but he sure doesn’t try to.
GSP
RealGM
And1: 15,362

Post#317 » by GSP » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:43 am

Im curious how he comes out game 4. Last year he proved why hes Goat elimination game player putting up 40,10,9 in a 2pt loss..........will he come out guns blazing or will this be more like 18 Warriors where he and Cavs just came out to game 4 already given up?
AmIWrongDude
Pro Prospect

Post#318 » by AmIWrongDude » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:48 am

RRR3 wrote:I honestly don’t think Denver is that good. They just have a guy who’s probably top 10 ever in impact, good role players and competent coaching. They aren’t some unbeatable juggernaut. Ham just makes them look like one because he can’t counter adjustments. Or maybe he can but he sure doesn’t try to.

But this is exactly what makes up a championship team and I think you’re underselling Murray.

Jokic is about as unstoppable as it gets. Imo top 10 at worst in impact all time. Being as big and powerful as he is combined with a feathery touch and insane playmaking from the C position is an absolute cheat code.

Murray is strong for his size and can create his own shot at will but more importantly him and Jokic know exactly how to play off of eachother.

KCP and Gordon are the perfect role players that know their roles and ALWAYS play hard as hell. 3 and D guy and dunk/rebound and D guy.

MPJ has size and can go off at any moment and can always get his shot off no matter what.

They’re not unbeatable at all but they’re so well rounded and play as a cohesive unit. One of the reasons why it blows my mind people think a Big 3 and scrubs type team is better than a duo with perfectly fitting role players.

Championship Warriors are perfect example. Curry and Klay wouldn’t have won **** without Dray excelling in all the areas they were weak at imo
RRR3
Veteran

Post#319 » by RRR3 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:59 am

I didn’t say the Nuggets weren’t a legitimate title team. I said they’re not as good as Ham makes them appear. He shouldn’t have got swept this year and he shouldn’t be down 3-0 now. Going 5-6 games against this team is a reasonable ask with the roster he has.
letskissbro
Rookie
And1: 1,440

Post#320 » by letskissbro » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:02 am

AmIWrongDude wrote:I know this is another beatdown but I still think even old Bron and AD could beat the nuggets if they just had a better built team and competent coaching.

As great as Jokic and Murray are, it’s absolutely crystal clear that Denver’s role players, size, scheme, and coaching is LEVELS above LA’s. It’s not even close.

I mean LA’s 3rd best player scored 0 points in a do or die game lol. A guy that should’ve been traded but wasn’t because he puts up 30 against the Hornets and Wizards in the regular season.

This team has very few winning players when it matters. Winning players aka KCP and Gordon that know their roles and have huge effects on the game without even scoring and when they do it’s gravy.

Having the worst coach in the league makes it impossible to win without an all star team. 0 adjustments and the players clearly don’t believe in him (AD LITERALLY SCREAMED IT FROM THE MOUNTAINTOP) yet this was known and the front office did nothing about it.

Everyone deserves blame including Bron and AD but it’s clear the rot starts at the top with Jeannie and Rob and there’s 0 accountability.

LeBron’s issue is just his motor at this point but that is heightened when he still has to be the main playmaker and 1A/1B scorer because he doesn’t get fed for easy looks as much as AD.

They need him to defend and rebound like younger Bron to have a chance and he simply can’t do that anymore but he wouldn’t have to if they had quality role players doing what championship team role players do: hit open 3’s, defend, and rebound.

I hope LeBron leaves LA and makes one more 2 or so year push to win again. It’s clear LA’s front office is in shambles.

You just don't get it. LeBron and AD simply ain't it anymore :noway:

(Empty stats)

Ignore this

...and this. Just mediocre players unlocked by Joker's genius
(Box score watching, I know)
Doctor MJ wrote:I like the analogy with Curry as Coca-Cola. And then I'd say Iverson was Lean.

Return to Player Comparisons