KD’s GOAT tier portability

Moderators: Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal

Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,392

Re: KD’s GOAT tier portability 

Post#101 » by Cavsfansince84 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:31 pm

Peregrine01 wrote:
Yeah, I don't know why people are arguing about things that they probably agree with.

KD really just bought into the GSW system for one year (2017) and the Warriors looked like the Greatest Team of All Time. And they were so dominant that year because KD played to his strengths as a play finisher and not to his weaknesses as a ball-dominant guy. In subsequent seasons, perhaps due to ego and/or just bad habits, he reverted back to iso-heavy/ball-dominant guy.

That's sort of the thing though is you don't judge him as a player based on one year of a 17 year career where he really wanted to get a ring bad and was on the most stacked team of all time. Just as you wouldn't judge him as a playoff performer based only on those playoffs.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,574

Post#102 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:41 pm

For me there is a pretty big gap between Curry and #3 in the 2010s, all of Durant, Paul, Kawhi, Harden have weaknesses. I like peak Kawhi the most of those but only 3 superstar years is weak. Paul got injured in the playoffs a lot and Durant has weak intangibles. I think I might pull the trigger on 2010s Paul > Durant.
OhayoKD
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,935

Post#103 » by OhayoKD » Wed May 1, 2024 7:16 am

Cavsfansince84 wrote:
Peregrine01 wrote:
Yeah, I don't know why people are arguing about things that they probably agree with.

KD really just bought into the GSW system for one year (2017) and the Warriors looked like the Greatest Team of All Time. And they were so dominant that year because KD played to his strengths as a play finisher and not to his weaknesses as a ball-dominant guy. In subsequent seasons, perhaps due to ego and/or just bad habits, he reverted back to iso-heavy/ball-dominant guy.

That's sort of the thing though is you don't judge him as a player based on one year of a 17 year career where he really wanted to get a ring bad and was on the most stacked team of all time. Just as you wouldn't judge him as a playoff performer based only on those playoffs.

There's also no reason to think a different archetype of superstar wouldn't have been able to generate that same whopping 4 points pf improvement to make them "the greatest team ever"
its my last message in this thread, but I just admit, that all the people, casual and analytical minds, more or less have consencus who has the weight of a rubberized duck. And its not JaivLLLL

Return to Player Comparisons