How do you think the rest of Giannis' career plays out?

Moderators: Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal

ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,264

How do you think the rest of Giannis' career plays out? 

Post#1 » by ardee » Thu May 2, 2024 11:51 pm

He already has his ring, and then had a legendary 2022 Playoffs performance in a loss.

But since then, he's missed most of one Playoffs and lost in an upset, and is set to miss the entirety of another Playoffs. He puts up excellent stats in the RS but also plays for an extremely dysfunctional organization with his two best teammates aging and a proven incompetent coach.

Can he turn his health around, stay in Milwaukee and truly contend there again? Or does he need to leave to make the most of what's left of his career and fulfill the promise of two years ago?
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,393

Re: How do you think the rest of Giannis' career plays out? 

Post#2 » by Cavsfansince84 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:41 am

I don't think he has much fire left in him tbh. He'll still be a top 5 rs player for another 3-4 years most likely but I have a feeling that nagging injuries will be a regular thing and I don't think he makes it to another finals. Still likely a top 20 player of all time but I don't feel like a team led by him is some huge out in the playoffs.
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,313

Post#3 » by SNPA » Fri May 3, 2024 2:42 am

It’s dark in Milwaukee going forward, so it depends if he stays.
LukaTheGOAT
Analyst
And1: 2,791

Post#4 » by LukaTheGOAT » Fri May 3, 2024 2:46 am

I have no idea what he is thinking and roster construction will be huge in determining his team success, wherever he goes. I think you can very well say this past year was hist best offensive season, which is encouraging. Wherever Giannis goes, he will be maximized as a roller, and if he is able to regain his defensive motor, plating him at the 5 I think could prove optimal.

I still very much believe Giannis wants to win.
Read on Twitter
Fundamentals21
Bench Warmer
And1: 638

Post#5 » by Fundamentals21 » Fri May 3, 2024 3:15 am

He's banking on Milwaukee winning another one, that's how the rest of his career plays out...

The actual right move here might be pulling a LeBron and a team switch, to see how it rolls elsewhere. Milwaukee made some ok moves but I don't know if it'll lead them to a ring again.

Return to Player Comparisons